My thoughts on Rage and Munitions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Rage:
    Rage is very great for trash mobs it's near instant. The problems I've faced have had to do with adds stunning me while in the middle of rage crash, and adds blocking.

For solos and situations without controllers: You don't wanna be using too much clipping and instead let the animations play out. (Trust me the Hal Jordan solo taught me this the hard way)

Munitions:

Now It maybe my old loadout or something, but to me it feels like the cooldowns got extended for powers such as 50 cal, and SGL. So the powerset is overall great just I think it feels a little bit clunky now. But I think with a bit of experimenting I can work around this.

Overall the damage for these powersets are there, good Job dev team.

My hat goes off to you guys.

2. Nergzrbunny1 Level 30

Great so Jacob how would you compare Rage and Munitions to Ice, Earth, Sorcery, Mental and Gadget?
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd say Rage would be on Par with HL right now in terms of Ideal dps(Some raids can't be melee'd without dying so you lose on out DPS)

Munitions is also on par, but it can lag on trash mobs due to the setup time(Although biggun can help with the trash mob issue)

So I'd imagine in trash mob fights: Gadgets, ice, sorcery, and mental would be on top due to their speed.

But on Bosses Munitions would be on Par if that makes any sense.
  4. Cjmd74 Active Player

Truthfully, I don't think is any comparison, but that's just my opinion. Ice is hard fast damage, earth and sorcery both provide heavy, stat stealing pet damage, gadgets and mental have done dot then BLAMMO end game damage. Sadly, even after this update, I doubt munitions or rage could still compete without a decent amount of sp
    • Like x 1
  5. Nergzrbunny1 Level 30

Wow, I just want to be able to be a Rage tank and do decent DPS damaage with the same power I guess I will stay with Atomic :(
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Even with this update that'd be pretty impossible.

Rage combos take up a lot of power for tanks and
    When you need to cancel out rage crash, but cant due to no power from combo usage you'll probably find yourself dead.

So yeah I'd stay atomic.
  7. Cjmd74 Active Player

Yeah, for my money, great damage, beast tank, ice is the way to go.
  8. Nergzrbunny1 Level 30

I'm just sad i remember the good old days when Rage was the best DPS and it still is the best tank, the pulls are amazing and the ability to heal the group. I just wish I could do DPS damage on par with Ice and Earth
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

on the 3 dummies in the league hall u can...
  10. Nergzrbunny1 Level 30

LOL I do alot of damage on those guys they dont move, burn fast and are so nice they give power back.
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

So far ive been testing Rage (sparring targets) to see the new changes. At the end of my tests, i changed my melee loadout. Removed Revenge because now is too slow (and feels terribly awkward) and replaced it with Dreadful Blast, which makes the rotation more fluid and gave me better damage out.
  12. Kohina Well-Known Player

I did the same thing, I don't even know why they slow down the animation so much. :confused:
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Should've been on test.

They changed the animation time that way people could hit the combo better.

Revenge got changed because the intital animation time was making the input a little off, and too fast in some cases.
  14. Hale Well-Known Player

Rage is slightly less pathetic than before. That sparring target testing has to go.
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

Oh yes, i know. I was following that thread. But i didnt think that it would be so awful like this.