my PuG A & B today :)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TK PUSHA, Feb 27, 2014.

1. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

llulz, i just had to share a little story from an A & B i PuGed today on one of my alts.

I left my old league last week and this was only my 2nd time PuGing the raid so i was still a bit wary going in as to how well PuGs were handling it.

anyway, i was on my Cele DPS, and right away when the trollers discussed who had PoT and both stated they were under 2000 Vit i was a bit concerned so i inspected them to see what i could deduce.
    both trolls in almost full 85 RAVEN gear without a single mod or tact mod... o_O

right away it was clear how this was going to go in regards to power availability and to make things worse apparently neither troll believed in keeping up PoT more than 50% of the time, smh.

so, i was more than ready to back outta this one and just chalk it up to poor decision making from the leader of the group on who to invite, but as a precision based DPS i just figured what the heck lets see what happens.

turns out, we only wiped once on the first shot at the final boss fight and completed the raid in under 20 minutes.
    heh. now that is some challenging content folks! :rolleyes:
    it was like running Outer Caverns in t4 gear or something. lol, wow.

that all. just thought it was sorta funny.
    have a good one peeps.:)
    • Like x 5
  2. Poo New Player

Love it! Great story :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Feydakeen New Player

Some people just know what to do. Even undergeared, they can beat any raid atm.
    • Like x 4
  4. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

and other groups sit in first room for 3 hours...so..be happy
    • Like x 3
  5. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

lol, IKR.
    im thinking back to my dysfunctional league i was in up to last week and the blame games between 3 year vets over some silly wipes the first week.
    --"Blame the new RAGe tank!!", "These trollers dont know how to pull- stun!!' :eek:

cant believe im going to say this but i almost enjoy being back in the PuG realm, :D
    • Like x 3
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

enjoy that feeling while it lasts
    • Like x 3
  7. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

heh, basically my life philosophy, lol
    • Like x 1
  8. MetalMario Loyal Player

Wait really? Why?
  9. StopPerving Dedicated Player

The hurrdurr is strong with some....
  10. TheLoneLantern New Player

How's Godmode?
  11. StopPerving Dedicated Player

We're here.. heh. Whys that?
  12. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Because most people fail to understand something as simple as "if you block when Atrocitus or Bleez charge at you, you can survive their attack easily" and "pay attention to those two"
    • Like x 1
  13. StopPerving Dedicated Player

It's probably the same people that die to warrior balls ehe.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I have pugged AB I wanna say 50 times across 9 toons and haven't been in a failed group or a group that was over 1 hr since the 1st week
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

That's not true, you can block and still die from the damage. The hits still do 3-6k dmg while blocking
  16. Deranya Dedicated Player

Congrats on daring a pug group. And even more for not giving up right away, theres too many that do that and don't even dare to take the challenge and try.
    And it shows gear is a part of finishing a raid successfully, but theres more to it, knowing your role, teamwork etc. and that doesn't only go for AnB. Good job :)
    • Like x 3
  17. TriviumA New Player

I'm not much of raid guy since my league runs raids when I'm not available and I've heard so many nightmare stories. I was bored last night and gave it a shot. I ended up solo healing it and we finished it in 20 minutes. I think the people on here tend to dwell on the bad groups, but I have to say I've had pretty good luck pugging content in this game.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jcal Dedicated Player

There are some solid players that pug. Also with all the alt-friendly changes to the game, don't be surprised if that under geared/un-modded player is better than you think.

Has nothing to do with how content may/may not be "easy"
    • Like x 1
  19. Raptor T. Committed Player

Yeah.. don't judge how good a player is based on his/her gear. It's all about experience.

Don't judge a book based on its cover.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

With a full health bar, I have not died once blocking their attack. If I had been damaged already, well, that´s another story. Point is, you can easily survive the hit if you block