My opinion on Legion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Adora, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

In many ways I find this to be a copy and paste from Wonderverse, but executed a little better. The boss grind still there, but doesn't feel as bad as Wonderverse boss fights, not sure why but it does. Maybe Saturngirl the most annoying with the mind control but over all not as bad as Wonderverse. They do seem like the fights go by faster but reality it's about the same time with Valdise takes a bit longer but not as annoying as Hydra. Don't have to worry about Hydra turning and breathing fire on you while trying to collect the teeth.

Open world is much smaller, can get to one side to the other in no time without the portal. We went from 30 to about 18-19. With boss fights, can at least get the missions done, explore, or work on the open world feats and still able to get to the next boss fight in time.

No solo or duo...But we do have the alert, I would say it's on par with Wonderverse, it's short and quick. Video takes up most of the time. Like the training part, always fun to try and beat your previous score so a bit competition for each team.

I enjoy the raid, no many adds, three boss fights, can be completed between 15-20 minutes depending on the team. Not sure why but I do enjoy getting shrunk during the fight. Unlike the Wonderverse, it was like 27-30 depending on the group, so it was very time consuming.

No op item this time which I don't mind. Not I was against the change with the last few dlcs but the real issue was, the supplies we needed to get didn't drop often enough. For Bop, I was able to get the op items for the 4 characters I was playing. The last day before Wonderverse, I managed to get the rest on one character to get them. Wonderverse, I managed to only breakthrough level 1 and didn't even have enough for level two, even before legion drop, I was still behind, so end up giving up on the op item.

Do like the new face mask, think it possibly might be better then a op item, if continues on from one dlc to the next. Just keep leveling up..will have to wait and see.

However do find this one a bit more grindy then Wonderverse. Price of gear is the same, how ever elite weapon went up from 500 aesther marks to 800 solar marks because we get an extra 2 solar? That makes no sense at all. Rings and neck remains the same don't get why they raise the price of the op weapon. I haven't check the price of the other items that require solar marks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The mask is the OP gear. Obviously it’s a very different system, one that had been requested many times by players so that’s awesome they were able to do that. But yeah, that is our Legion OP gear.
    • Like x 2
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

To add to that, the OP also said we har to wait an see if it can be leveled up higher after this DLC. The answer is no it wont. Its the OP item for this DLC as stated and nothing more
  4. tukuan Devoted Player

I disagree somewhat on the bounty implementation, too me it feels more grindy. With WV I'd be completing my dailies while running the bounties so it felt like I was doing something after the first round for the other days. Sure you'll still be getting beacons but the lack of anything tangible makes it feel super grindy. Hopefully they'll atleast have the bounties have some more regular drops (I've only seen a few so far).

As with most I really miss not having a solo or duo. Alerts can be very hit and miss even once people are geared up so what should take 15-20 can take longer. Solos/duos always provide a nice time boxed run at useable gear drops until you have the full vendor set at least. Even then I can still run em for purple drops.

As much as I love the Legion and like the over all aesthetic of this episode I really can't see myself running it that much on alts and will just get the vendor gear on my main and likely play something else through Dec/Jan except for once a week to do the bounty run. Of course they might add some more content along the ways but I won't count of that. At least in mid-Jan we'll get the anniversary event which I always enjoy and maybe this year they'll add to it given the big milestone.
  5. Heywiar Committed Player

I personally think this is the best execution of the OP items they've ever done.
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I love that we are somewhere with more light. I was getting tired of the dark moody episodes. I'm having a hard time getting passed the no solo/duo thing though. Run the bounties and alert then there's nothing left to do but to continue grinding the mind numbing bounties, again. You would think less content would lead to more people in older content again, but the bounty grind still prevents this.
    • Like x 2