My Frustration with the Wonderverse Episode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thunderstrikke, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Walvine Well-Known Player

I went to doing the same que stabilizer then run dailies and break down loot for exobyte on 3 characters then disconnect .
  2. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I agree, well said.
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Way to break it down brother and state the obvious. I agree.
  4. KN1TE Dedicated Player

My thoughts exactly. Well said.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

What is sarcasm for 500, Alex.
  6. Helderman Dedicated Player

Who the hell had the genius idea of adding a time limit to the world bosses?
  7. Chia Death Well-Known Player

The same geniuses who thought 4 generic bounties and 1 actual unique and challenging bounty was just as good as another raid (in many people's opinions, including my own, it's not).
    • Like x 4
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

My only issue atm is the lack luster rewards we just got.
  9. AveryWren New Player

My issue is the drop rate of Skylands is shocking I don’t think I’ve had one drop for 4 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

And seeds to be honest. At the beginning you had a decent chance of them dropping in the solo say 1 in 5-6. Last week I ran 15 solos over different toons because of the bonus and I only got one. Even in the alert I'm not always getting them

At current rates it would cost more to get the 30 seeds needed on the broker for final tier than the 8 sparks.
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

Personally I like the fact that they fall in time periods. I know if I jump on at :55 or :25 I can almost certainly get into a group for a cycle. As opposed to other bounties where it's hit or miss if you can get a group right away.
    • Like x 1
  12. AveryWren New Player

Thats how I got my last 10 seeds I wish someone would do something about the drop rate as its seriously unfair.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Problem is that if you need only Hydra, you are now looking at 30 min to get it done...minimum (you still need a group and a phase where all other bosses are beat), and during that 30 min, you better be working on the other bosses...not doing something else...or you might not get back into the phase. If I need Calc, Meta, Manbat, etc....I can try assembling a group while I do other outdoor missions in multiple areas, or do some broker work...or whatever. And once the group has enough, we can go attack the boss immediately....no 30 min rotation needed. BTW...when we attack them we can take > 4.01 minutes to finish the fight if needed.

The timed rotation is handy now...while everyone is doing the same thing. We do the dailies and work on the 100 count...collect Aethers...work on the 390 stones...look for Cheetah. Remove that other stuff as it becomes depreciated and just going in to get a particular boss done will become more of a chore.
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While I can’t say I liked the additional grind requirements, I would have been perfectly fine with them If the discounts for alts once completed on main were much more significant. Yeah, the ideal scenario would allow for more balance in how gameplay is dispersed amongst multiple characters on an account. But still being on the DLC grind at THIS stage is NOT the business. Grinding these damn aethers on my alt after doing it all in my main is/was where I started to sour a bit. My alt is also in the same situation as far as renown but a lot of that (IMO) falls on the community. Though I do think some things could have been done differently in the Zeus fight that could have still maintained the play level difficulty but reduced the “mental fatigue” factor. ButI digress

I still see a lot of complaints about the open world boss system, many of which, if the devs had designed the system the way a lot of the people with those complaints had suggested, it would be just like the bounties in previous DLC’s. Even now near the end of the DLac, a large portion of the community still isn’t aware or understand that the Open World Bosses were an attempt at an entirely new format of gameplay. And sure, everyone is perfectly within their right to try out that new type of gameplay and decide that it’s simply a part of this game that they don’t enjoy much. But most of the criticisms don’t seem to come from that perspective but moreso that they don’t like the”changes” to the “bounties”. But ”changing” the ”bounties” wasn’t the intention at all.

I do feel that if a significanlt larger portion of the community approached them from that mentality and were at least somewhat aware of the devs intentions for the kind of gameplay experience the open world boss system would provide, that people on average would have enjoyed this DLC at least a little more. But that’s obviously my opinion on a hypothetical. I could be totally off base. But I will say that the practice of stubbornly trying to fit a square peg in to a round home historically has a pretty atrocious track record for success and enjoyment. But YRMV