My first impression of water

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zpred, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Zpred Dedicated Player

I removed the test server from my pc so had to wait till live and so far this is how I feel about the water power.

The visuals and sound fx are great, with the new animations too i really like those.

The healing side is alot of fun imo, was playing around with a few abilities and was enjoying it, not sure if it's a bug or intended but with the jelly fish heal is the aoe supposed to heal the whole area from within the jelly fish or just the pool part? Because after I moved from the pool the heal over time stopped and if that's how it's supposed to work then why such a big area of jelly fish?

Also I feel the heal over time you do while high tide is active could be either bigger heals or faster or at least longer.

The dps side. I've tried various abilities/rotations, so far i feel the damage isnt that great, but not that bad either, maybe after more time/testing better rotations may crop up if not that it may need a slight buff in a couple of departments, time will tell.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the power set so good job devs, if I had 1 real complaint it would be to do with the tide mechanics, 1 part of me likes it and the other part of me feels like I'm wasting a slot and have to have it, I dunno what it Is, it's like a weird sacrifice between the abilities I would like to have vs something I need to have for x to be really effective.

Anyway good job :)
    • Like x 2
  2. JadeStar87 New Player

Nice! I've been looking at a few vids myself.

What would be a good weapon for water? I'm thinking of making a water toon that's one handed or shield
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

according to the live stream it should be the entire area of the effect you might want to message spord if thats not what your finding
  4. Zpred Dedicated Player

I think it may have just been the area/angle I was in because I haven't been able to reproduce it since, but I was in time torn area 51 and sometimes the heal wouldn't produce the animation properly because of the uneven ground it would cut through some of the rocks/ground, could of been the issue I think.
    • Like x 1
  5. Riger Well-Known Player

My biggest complaint about water would be so many of the attack type skills being almost melee range, or actually melee range. Honestly, with how close the requirement is for the moves, I felt like I was playing a class that was originally designed to be a tank instead of healer.
    I get that some of the moves have decent range. But there are far less of them than there are 'inside the raid boss kill zone' moves.
    I'm currently level 27. So I have most of the powers, just not quite all.
    As another note, what happens when a damaging ground ability is down and the jellyfish ring covers it up? I've already seen that happen. Two players were pvping and a fire cast their circle underneath the healing one. I had to turn my camera along the ground to see anything from the fire at all.
  6. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Yeah, I am underwhelmed by the power. I feel like the DPS does not have enough DOT's and does not hit all that hard and there's not all that many powers that work with the PI. As for the Healer, I do not really like that there is practically NO damage being done. I have a Celestial and a Nature that both do damage and heal at the same time. It was so frustrating to just be healing only. I am not used to that at all. I agree with the OP that the High Tide seems sacrificial of another ability...can you imagine people that use that and Riptide? Whoa.
  7. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

I like Water its nice, Im Parsing 10s/9.4k so far on 8 targets. trying to get it up there. Didn't really mess with it on test server so figuring it out like everyone else. But thats at 195 cr, how about everyone else?
  8. OMNILEGION_EU Well-Known Player

Hightide shouldnt be a power that needs to be activated by bar.

It should happen when you have done a combo. Putting that and riptide on your loadout takes away 2 very important slots and really limits your options.

The dps is lacking an AOE that does DOTS and theres only like 2 powers that do HOT aswell 1 of which needs hightide active
    • Like x 1
  9. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Agreed! High Tide should not have to be on the bar. It should be like when Ice gets that Armor or if you use a certain combo of powers it activates High Tide. The limited PI kills me...like I said, there's no DOT's really. Again, why do none of the healing powers do damage?
    • Like x 1
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

So far people's complaints don't mean much, there's Loadouts you can use if you don't want to use hightide or riptide that can do similar damage. There are powers that use abilities that limit your options if you use it cause the move itself does no damage.i will agree that a slight boast to damage to some powers would be nice but the DPS of it is pretty good. Rn I love the healing with it as you can design a pretty powerful battle healer loadout and keep a raid alive at the same time. There are also powers that do DoT dmg and others that don't so water doesn't need DoT damage
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I messed around with it on one of my alts tonight... the hightide dps is the most fun in my opinion ...

I think water can be a fun power..

My only complaints from the first intro to water video... is the animations are just so meh.. (this is totally my opinion i know a lot of people love it as is so really that means nothing)

That said after playing the power set tonight the sound fx are boring as hell i dont wanna be mean to the devs but god the sound fx are so bland... we went from atomics awesome sound fx to water ... does anyone else agree?
  12. The_fair_1 Committed Player

100% agree about the sounds it's terrible cause I wanna hear like a crashing wave or ocean storm and you hear like droplets. My only thing is that it's on the lower side of dmg with potential to be good I'd rather have it avg dmg with potential lol
  13. CajunKhan Well-Known Player

It's just another elemental wizard power and I am long since sick of those. Call me when they have a super-strength power.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

water might not be the strongest power but it easily holds its own once you find a good rotation I was playing around last night and even though im under CR compared to everyone i ran with as a DPS the only people that beat me were almost 10 CR higher but im not really a good measurement to go by because im simply too good at this game ;)
  15. Microwave Well-Known Player

DEVS PLEASE FIX:

Hi one of the first powers you get for water is really annoying and I can't imagine it's supposed to work this way.

I can't attack with my weapon after using Crashing Wave without falling to the ground if I'm using skimming(i would assume flight too)

This doesn't make sense to me and is causing me to not want to use the power at all. I would normally think quick little powers that zoom you into baddies are pretty cool. But not if I can't follow up the power with weapon attacks.

Whether or not the same thing happens when using powers after firing CW still needs to be looked into.