My answers to the November survey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Nov 2, 2021.

1. inferno Loyal Player

For myself, I treated the questions as they are presented and weighed which part of the question had a higher priority to present a response.

For example: How I rated the current change of Stat-clamping, no loot locks and instance rewards.
    I understand that all these changes occurred at the same time but I like the removal of loot locks and restoring rewards out of the CR relevancy. At the same time, I am not in favor of Stat-clamping. So in my point of view, this question seem to be asking me how much I dislike stat-clamping to the point that I would remove the gain of the no-loot-lock system.

In order to answer the question, I decided that my extreme dissatisfaction of the stat-clamping outweighed any favorable response to the loot lock and reward system. I can only hope that whoever designed this question and reads the answer understands how much I disliked something to the point of sacrificing two things that I found good.

The same goes for the the: Which Ally is your favorite? I looked at the word "favorite" in terms of which one I invested enough ally favor to level up. As a follow up, it would have interested them, maybe, that I have only levelled up 1 ally halfway in an account that holds 32 end game toons and have not been interested to level up anymore.

I think all the questions are fair and answerable. I don't look at it as a simple survey. Some of the questions, I think, are constructed to make you choose. Then, I just added a few thoughts at the comment section.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sword- New Player

You could also make an actual counter argument if the post offends. No need to be salty
    • Like x 4
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I noted in my responses to the survey where I felt various questions had no appropriate/useful responses possible, and I didn't retain a copy of what I wrote there, but to make a stab at answering this again... okay, I can't, because now all I get is "you've already responded" and I can't see the questions.

But, yeah, various questions weren't usefully answerable. Stuff like "which of the following excites you most?" when zero of them excite me at all. Etc. You'll have to repeat the questions here for me to be more specific again.

Some of the questions were vague enough that my answers were literally random, because I literally had no other choice. I did note this in the spot allowing for text.

Asking me if I'm re-subscribing when I have a Lifetime Membership isn't meaningful. (I put it down as a "yes," but it's not really an answer to the question asked.)

The tl;dr is that I'm barely playing at all in recent months -- but, on the other hand, that's at least as much just my feeling moderately burned-out on the game after 9+ years, beyond my dislike of the forced clamping.
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

The relationship between player feedback and what actually happens around here has reached Kafkaesque proportions. There is so little correlation between what players want and what is served up, it’s laughable.

It’s glaringly obvious what players want. They want regular new content that is largely not broken, a new powerset every year or two, reasonable opportunities to play on their alts, just the right amount of grind (which isn’t easy to balance, I appreciate), PvP to be fixed, and sensible amounts of micro transactions. Let’s have another survey to hear what we already know, and then completely ignore it because we know better than the people who have spent thousands - tens of thousands - of hours playing the game over the last ten years.

I too play much less since episode 41 launched. Normally with each seasonal I buy what is needed for the feats and then top up my currency back to 250 per character. I’m so out of the rhythm of logging in and playing for a couple of hours a night, I haven’t even done that for the current seasonal, for the first time in years. Surely, SURELY, their stats will be showing that players are playing less as a result of episode 41.

The game badly needs new leadership and direction before it is too late.
    • Like x 12
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

If history tells me something is that these guys (Daybreak, DI, EG7 or whichever name they go by these days), either don't listen to feedback or don't care at all.

We see this phenomenon all the time, ex: people were telling them all over the place that Allies were broken while they were on test, but they still released them broken.

There's a plethora of stuff people have been asking for, reasonable stuff at that, from styles to small QOL changes and absolutely nothing is done. It's like they have tunnel vision and refuse to accept that the community might have better ideas than them.

I don't know if it's an ego problem or if they just refuse to believe that they might not always know what's best for us but it's incredibly frustrating to have everything fall on deaf ears.

The survey had a questions like "What was the most exciting feature from Episode 41" (I'm paraphrasing here), there was plenty of choices to answer from but none of them let you pick "NONE". That's quite concerning because when you guys look at the surveys, the data is automatically skewed because you forced us to pick a choice we might not even agree on.

The relationship between our feedback and what the devs actually do about it is extremely disconnected and abysmal, to a point where it's concerning. It's so blatant what players want that I have a hard time understanding why the devs are almost always missing the mark.

These surveys feel like fluff, they feel fugazi, they feel disingenuous and they feel like a way for the devs to keep the facade going.

Also... why wasn't there more questions about the membership? I feel like this has been a polarizing subject as of late and considering it's been around longer now, wouldn't you want more player feedback on it?

Again I feel like the questions in the survey were just fluff while the real issues or might I say, the real points of value were left untouched.
    • Like x 6
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And yet every month we have dozens and dozens of useful dev responses to queries and requests. It helps to actually read the forums for more than answers to one's own comments to follow what's going on.

"They're not doing a thing I want" does not mean "and the other fifty dev responses this past month on the forums never happened."

Making wildly, blatantly, false claims does not help one's credibility. I agree that several of this survey's questions weren't given possible answers that should have been there, and that it's not the first time, but, again, some specific failures of communication doesn't remotely translate to they "either don't listen to feedback or don't care at all."

That's a jump from an entirely reasonable criticism to an insane one.
    • Like x 2
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The vast majority of devs responses we get are directed at fluff demands or stuff that's become too polarizing to avoid.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I appreciate the overall and the survey feedback. The questions are in large part designed to force you to choose an answer vs. none/neutral, but I can see how that is frustrating.

To the comments about not reading, ego, doing the wrong things, asking the wrong questions, etc., I respectfully disagree but will endeavor to do better.
    • Like x 12
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Hi Mepps, I appreciate these surveys. The one before this one had some good questions that related to what was going on and definitely felt like our answers would help the devs with future aspects.

This one on the other hand felt very "vague" or "generalized". Like it either lumped too much into one question that felt like it was "leading us" to answer a specific way or just left out what we actually would answer to it. I don't agree with the OP in any way other than this survey just didn't allow me to really give feedback that I felt would benefit development of future effort of the game.

Thank you and please keep giving these things out.
    • Like x 2
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I think that if an option to write our own answers for each questions, instead of forcing us to pick an answer would go a long way. Something like;

EX: What did you like about Episode 41:
    1. House of Legends
    2. Omnibus
    3. Save The Universe
    4. Stat Clamp
    5. Other: (Leave an open field for the person to answer)
    It's fun to be able to leave open feedback at the end but I think it would be easier if we could give individual feedback for each questions.
  11. The Blue Flame New Player

I'm an old fart who has played many MMO's. Many games never ask for feedback via surveys at all. It's like the ONE OPPORTUNITY to ensure that your voice is heard to the DEVS. If you can't be bothered to at least fill out the survey due to apathy, you probably need to just move on to another mmo. *shrug*
    • Like x 2
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Who will read the survey answers by the way?
    • Like x 1
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Good question.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I literally just picked entirely randomly as to what to click for several questions. This can't possibly do anything but mislead you. That would not seem to be helpful, but I'm not compiling the surveys, so I can't, of course, know what you find helpful.

I respectfully lobby for "none of the above" to always be an option for every question in every survey, if you want fewer random answers.

Thanks for at least providing the space for us to give you some explanatory text to accompany the questions.
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

one question was aksed are you a member, then the next question would you sub again. I'm a life time sub, so none of the answers even fit me. Another useless question was what was your favorite ally? I don't have them all, honestly I don't care for any of them, they don't stick around long enough to enjoy them. They don't even say hi, they are all rude.
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ditto, ditto. Not to mention that the better allies are Pay To Win.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jackster and senior staff. The decision makers.
    • Like x 1
  18. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Huh? Nothing to do with apathy. Filling out a survey and giving what would amount to false answers is pointless. I'd argue no feedback is better than false feedback. Surveys in this game are just one avenue to give feedback. The interaction this team provides through these forums dwarf most dev teams. Every day feedback is given and read, just not always responded to.

And for the record I did end up doing the survey and PMing Mepps a long(ish) explanatory/clarification post.
    • Like x 3
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

I like being able to voice an opinion & feel the overall intent of the survey is good. Like a few others said, i just think it would be more beneficial to split major changes/updates or content/difficulty (i feel Flashpoint's tiered elites was the best solution ;) ) into separate questions. I appreciate you all for trying not to make it too long winded b/c we don't want to take a dc final exam lol, but that separation of major things will help players feel less conflicted with their answers.
  20. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player