Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Quantom Boy Committed Player

i've never seen anyone ammo circling around my character. and i don't play with sound the sounds in this game are annoying af
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Some are getting pretty competitive. I was in Throne in my Quantum toon today. The Munitions DPS was same cr and similar skill points. We were chatting as we went. I wound up beating him by about 200k so it was neck and neck. Earlier in Lab with a same cr munitions DPS I won by 3 million, but he seemed to be struggling with his loadout. My guess is that as players get more comfortable with it, munitions will hang in there with Quantum, Celestial and HL as top damage powers. Of course I troll 90% of the time so that should be taken into account as well.
  3. Quantom Boy Committed Player

I'm suprpised that you're having problems staying competitive in end game raids. I'm doing very well. Beating qunatum or keeping up with them.
  4. Quantom Boy Committed Player

what does the audio que sound like?
  5. Roomba Dedicated Player

The regular server is up, so plenty of testing to be had. Please let me know what I'm not considering about 50 cal. It's pretty poopie damage though.

Single target:
    [IMG]

AOE:
    [IMG]

For both pics: Ignore the graphs. Please draw your eye to the results at the bottom of each frame. Individual dps is listed in the middle. You'll notice 50 cal was in the bottom two in both scenarios.

These are both 2-2.5 minute runs standing at medium range.
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

I'm not saying I can't beat Quantum. I'm saying I can't beat good quantum. I can beat anyone who doesn't play their powerset optimally :). If you could post results and see who you're playing against, that would be helpful.

What round of SM are you getting to and out dpsing quantum users? Are you doing full Elite runs, or at least killing elite judges

Alerts and lower raids don't count as a bench mark in my mind. Too many variables.
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

It's definitely getting better for me. I'm just saying that a mediocre Quantum player will likely outdps a "good" Munitions player. This is what I seek to correct.
    • Like x 2
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

I understand people are eager post that they beat a certain power. Please post supportive objective data with these claims as some people say they "are doing great" and others say "their damage sucks". I need numbers people, NUMBAZZZZZ!!!! lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Roomba Dedicated Player

10. Absolix Loyal Player

That is the animation of Munitions' power dump, Reload, not Bullet Frenzy.
    • Like x 1
  11. Senior Moment Level 30

Whenever I see a munitions DPS beat a Quantum DPS I smile because I imagine Quantum DPS players are like:
    [IMG]

and Munitions DPS players are like:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. Xzotix Committed Player

Ammo circling the body in recharge from a Munitions troll.
  13. Avian Dedicated Player

Yes, PIs don't matter once Bullet Frenzy kicks in. It doesn't change the damage the powers do at all however I like to use Chain Grenade Launcher for my mid-range rotations because it's a DoT and actually does decent damage.
    • Like x 1
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

Definitely a good option as it's higher DPS than robo sidekick and you'll always have it specced. One thing I kept noticing was if I clipped CG with KI between powers while bullet frenzy was going, it'd cancel the AM. I realize you don't need to clip CG with KI, but I wanted to see if others were seeing this, and to throw this out there as caution.

Clarification: While bullet frenzy was going, I was able to hit chain gren OR killer instincts between powers without issue, but if I used BOTH it'd cancel the AM. Not a timing issue as the clipping makes both powers instant
    • Like x 1
  15. Solmes202 Loyal Player

That's very possible, even probable. The rotation for Quantum is so simple and risk is minimal as compared to other power sets. In raids where a tank is present MUNITIONS is great but in any instance without one iit gets frustrating fast. Of course the whole concept of out dosing a teammate in PVE content is academic at best. It doesn't matter who tops the board as long as the group gets through. Based on that I would always play the power I like. For me Quantum is primarily what I troll with. I DPS with Gadgets much more frequently.
  16. Cursed Khagan Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but do munition powers cancel each other out?
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

None of the AM abilities are dots, so they do not cancel out. Powers such as 50 Cal which cause a small dot afterwards do overwrote, but this damage is negligible
    • Like x 1
  18. SnakeEyes606 New Player

Idk why people cry about the Rambo headband so much for? If they're gonna cry about anything why not the roar/plasma wrech animation that the munitions guy spits out green exorcist blood when u cast it to get the headband? lol I think the head band is fine but why add the green throw up for to make it like a odd feeling channel move that I'm sure people used to clip with but why make it like something u cant clip and get backn into stuff with? I get that most the powers u can't even clip out of anyways but it and survival are both clippable powers u could use but the dps one instead of just hitting it and getting the headband or whatever it also spits out green for like 2 seconds before you can continue doing stuff. I don't even dps so it won't even b an issue for me but I was testing munitions the past few days and it was just something I noticed and thought was odd.
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

That's weird, I don't have that problem.
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

You're right. I can't recreate that now.

I was running parses with CG and noticed that, told a league mate, and he said he could reproduce it too. Buuut you're totally right, I'm not seeing it now.

I'm going bonkers.