Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

It is still affected by damage modifiers, however once Bullet Frenzy is active it is no longer affected by PIs. HL and Rage behave in a similar way as when their damage boost for their combos is active the combos' damage is no longer increased by having the corresponding PI.

Mobile Focused Attack is still affected by damage modifiers. Fire has a 60% modifier on Mass Det, so it doesn't need help. Ice actually only has 35% on Arctic Gust, but that is countered by the fact that Ice Armor will give you a 50% modifier. The max damage mod ultimately helps Munitions in that you no longer have to worry about using powers with high damage modifier, and can instead focus purely on the damage they do.
    • Like x 1
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

This is correct, thank you you two. That information was added to the original post, along with correcting other inaccuracies made by me.
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

Yes I did. I took the lazy route and only posted the one set of pictures as they were also representative of DPS as well, since believe it or not there weren't significant variations between animations. This is something I can add down the road, I just wanted to run and get some parses up so people could compare objective data. Shrap does indeed have a lsightly shorter animation, but its dps does fall under RL when mobs are stacked.

I will work on this later.
  4. Roomba Dedicated Player

You're right, will watch tone. Thought all relevant info was available already. Updated original page to include AM mechanic descriptions for others that are confused (like I was!)
  5. Xzotix Committed Player

Thanks, that makes it easier to understand.
  6. Xzotix Committed Player

Thanks. I appreciate it. I still don't quite get the interactions part, but I understand it now. :)
    EDIT: I really like the updates to page 1, very informative and easier to understand. thanks again.
    • Like x 2
  7. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the info. I went into the game to read up on the powers. I saw how, with Ice, the PI (Power Interaction) Chill Effect and subsequently Ice Armor, do indeed give damage modifiers to Artic Gust and Avalanche when the PI is active. Also how Fire has just that one PI, Volatility, that is activated when you use Flame Cascade or Fireburst, while the PI Burn is in effect. Once you figure out how to actually activate the PI Volatility then you can do Mass Detonation to get the PI damage modifier.

lol, sounds complicated, but it's really not. Most important thing to remember is to really read the descriptions of each of the powers abilities, it is essential to understand each abilities PI, if it has one, so you can make a good rotation. And for the most part the description will tell you exactly which abilities you need to maximize either your damage or your power back mechanics.

Thanks to the OP for some good point outs too, I'll definitely be checking back in on this thread to get more tips and info on Munitions and general info on the other powers as well.

Thanks again.
    • Like x 2
  8. K3N3SIS New Player

So How would you run this loadout?
  9. Quantom Boy Committed Player

i take back what i said about splosion just melee ranged every new t6 raid and top dpsed by alot beating quantum and celestial. damn munitions is fun. high risk high reward and i hardly died 2-3 times max.
    • Like x 1
  10. Quantom Boy Committed Player

This is what i used and i pretty much decimating everything (when in close range obviously) Loadout: minigun, rails, sharp, splosion,killer instinct, big gun (for ads), This is my rotation it's quite simple, killer instinct,minigun, rails, sharp, splosion, minigun, rails sharp, splosion clip with killer instinct rinse and repeat. and when theres alot of ads especially low lvl ones use big gun you one shot almost all of 'em. and oh yh if you have a rifle tap triangle before you use a power really boosts damage.
    • Like x 2
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

.50 cal and splosion are you two highest DPS powers.

Both are are right at the 1.2 second minimum animation time. There are powers that shone better for hitting everything on the board but sheer Damage Per Second those are still your toe best. Although it is small 50 cal adds a DOT and is a better modifier for PVP and those who don't have access to max damage mod
  12. Quantom Boy Committed Player

How can you tell when bullet frenzy is activated?
  13. Roomba Dedicated Player

Please see the first post on the first page. The end of the DPS section has my rotation recommendations (which are exactly the same as Quantum's response to you :))
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

Can you show any data supporting this?

The only reason I ask is because every single parse I've done, single target and especially aoe, 50 cal is a huge dps loss (my avg dps for this ability is 1800 ish, which is about 1000 dps under rail and mini).

This is amplified in AoE situations given that 50 cal does not have a very wide radius for groups such as trash waves in Thrones.

I could be getting something wrong, which is the purpose of the thread, so please respond with any supporting data
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

There is no easy way except for when you start seeing larger numbers, or simply counting 4 seconds in your head.

But to reiterate there is no graphic for Bullet Frenzy.

The bandana = eye of the tiger which ONLY gives power back. Bandana does NOT mean the AM has kicked in.

If you want to test this, simply go to a target dummy and start doing your rotation WITHOUT hitting KI. You'll notice you start doing the "big numbers" of the AM.

I also can't stress enough that you also do NOT need any PIs to see these numbers either

EDIT: Now that I think about it there is a subtle sound effect. I'm not sure if that's BF or EotT. I'd have to test but unfortunately I have a lot of work over the next 2-3 days.
    • Like x 1
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

Excellent! this is the rotation I also use (described in first page) and has been working well for me. I will say, I do not keep up with the top quantum dpsers in my league during our elite runs.

I hope someone else is able to find something that can! Keep up the great feedback everyone. Thank you all for helping me figure out this powerset so far
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

The ammo circling your body and an audio cue signifies BF.
  18. NaumNML New Player

Anyone able to get video of 'Splosion not damaging through targets, even in range? My leaguemate who is munitions hasn't gotten back to me and spord needs video to look into it. I can just level a toon to do it, but it would take until the weekend
  19. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Test is down for the rest of day and I'm going hunting Friday thought Sunday and by the time I get back gu 47 will be on test I think but I will add it to my list.

You are right 50 cal does not shine aoe unless the targets are grouped there are better situational powers. On a prased rotation 50 cal will not show on a graph as doing more damage so I'll try to explain

Chain gun is close to a 3 sec channel so based strictly on time and independent of cool downs 1 chain time wise is equal to two 50 cal, roughly.

Also consider you have to cast three powers over four seconds to get to bullet frenzy, 50 cal being quicker then longer cast times helps get you to bullet frenzy quicker which is a huge DPS plus in end game content where you have to drop your PI to block, live, etc.

Numbers dies others are better but the benefit yo both 50 DSL and division is it's quickness, compartively
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

I'm honestly having a lot of fun with the power, that said I haven't found a way to be truly competitive in high end raids. Anyone with any luck?