Mr Freeze bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Evil Moopie, May 27, 2013.

1. kav Committed Player

I understand that bug happens, but how is a game breaking hotfix not being rushed into the system as soon as possible? Or make preventional system abilities for GMs ingame where they're able to disable missions globally if they're violent to the environment. As I said, I don't mind bugs, but this really turned a lot of my friends of who wanted to level an alt or trying out the game. Please learn from this and next time just shut down the server for 30 minutes with an estimated countdown so people acknowledge it. Letting it swoop for several days can cost you a lot of customers.
    • Like x 2
  2. Feenicks New Player

I'm leveling up a villian (I know......horrors!) and I am stuck on the Mr. Freeze instance. After killing Cold Cuts it tells me to go speak to Mr. Freeze. But the door is closed. I can't get to him to finish the instance. And I cannot get any more missions to progress on leveling.

I saw a similar thread last week but could not find it. So I recreated it here. Any progress in fixing this?
  3. Toastface Killah New Player

When is this going to be fixed?
  4. Serenity Abyss New Player

Since this has been still going on from when this thread was created; which was Wednesday of last week or even more. It probably will not be fixed until the 'next' supposed hotfix for every other bug they keep making/missing even though this is a game breaking one for villains.
  5. Plum Crazy Committed Player

Yeah I wanted to level my scrub celestial to 30 friday, then I wanted to level him to 30 saturday, then I thought maybe I could level him on sunday...
  6. Plum Crazy Committed Player

I think maybe it takes about 100k people complaining about it before they take action. If this had been a bug related to a fnl or something they would of fixed it already. I always assumed GMs had like power to bypass missions or something but it seems they do not idk
  7. Lich Man New Player

The Freeze Questline has been has been glitched for a long time. The original problem was when one of the quest areas wasn't spawning mobs on the pve server, our main trick for that was to just switch to the pvp server to complete that specific part. Well seems that part is fixed now, but it was replaced with an even more debilitating one that stops progression of that particular quesline all together by the affecting the instance for the boss.

The first you do when you enter the hospital to go through several hallways and "speak" to Mister Freeze, which is really just you have to walk up to him and endure an automatic cut scene, where he whines on about his wife. Afterwards the "speak to mister freeze" text on your screen is supposed to disappear from your screen. Then your next goal appears on the screen. But it stays on there with the new goal. Most people don't think that's big problem they continue on to coldcuts, activate the console then kill him. And "speak with mister freeze" is still on screen. Then we go back the way we came only to find our way is blocked by a medal door that we can't get past, we then figure out that we're stuck in an instance with no way out. The only way out is warp to hq or base. If we go back we and reenter we're blocked from enter mister freezes chamber from that direction too. This has pretty much kept me from leveling, and the group I was with for the quest disbanded.
  8. Serenity Abyss New Player

9. Lich Man New Player

Another thing to note that with old progression of quests we could have just done the other left for us up to lvl 30, but since we have to complete what's in our quest window first before any other quests show up, the progression of our characters are essentially frozen in place. So we have to wait for the devs to fix this before we can really do anything else in the game. Which I hope is SOON. -_- Probably going to be a while.............. T_T
  10. Vermain New Player

I've been waiting for a fix for this since the release of the latests patch.. Halting my progress on my character for quite some time now.. And I cant help to assume that we will not even be compensated by this.. I have bought legendary sub.. But well.. That shouldent really matter.. Since from what I understood, the CS even mentioned that the fix is ready.. They are just sitting there waiting until a "hot fix" will be in place.. When they should do it asap when it is this gamebreaking. Its not a problem with a color of a pixel or somthing.. Its a problem with that you cannot progress through the MAIN quest line wich is the ONLY thing you can do to level if you want to do it at a decent speed.
    • Like x 2
  11. Serenity Abyss New Player

Funnily enough they have it fixed supposedly....but they not going to implement it anyway until the next supposed hotfix....which obviously is not any time soon. This is completely game breaking and unacceptable...

From JackFrost:
    "Thanks for the reports, everyone. I've identified the issue and have a fix in. I've identified another few issues within this Mission instance and the Gotham Mercy Duo that I've also addressed. Those fixes won't be live until we are able to get a hotfix out. I'm not 100% sure when that will be, but hopefully soon. Sorry about the frustration this may have caused."
    • Like x 1
  12. Toastface Killah New Player

What's stopping them from fixing this right now? Why do we have to wait?
  13. ChocolateChibs New Player

When I try and do the quest Cold Contender I cannot talk to mr freeze, the E button does not work he is already an enemy because I stole the data for Joker, but quest does not advance, I tried warping out then back in but that still does not fix the issue.
  14. Serenity Abyss New Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/cold-contender-mission-not-advancing.196951/

It has been going on since for awhile now since the thread above was created; which was Wednesday of last week or even more. It probably will not be fixed until the 'next' supposed hot-fix for every other bug they keep making/missing even though this is a game breaking one for villains.

They even replied...

JackFrost, Thursday:
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. I've identified the issue and have a fix in. I've identified another few issues within this Mission instance and the Gotham Mercy Duo that I've also addressed. Those fixes won't be live until we are able to get a hotfix out. I'm not 100% sure when that will be, but hopefully soon. Sorry about the frustration this may have caused.

Funnily enough they have it fixed supposedly....but they are not going to implement it anyway....which obviously is not going to be any time soon. This is completely game breaking and unacceptable...
    • Like x 1
  15. Plum Crazy Committed Player

I have to say in any other mmo this problem would get 1st priority
  16. Nemisor Committed Player

could we seriously not get a quick fix for this in now? or asap? no one can get to 30 if you hadnt finished this mission before the bug.

and there are quite a few people ive seen trying to level a villan atm and we cant. very frustrating.
  17. Arcants New Player

I waiting 3 days to fix this quest... and nothing, stuck at lvl 27....
  18. Sanctifiedhero New Player

:/ why is this still not fixed? So angry. RAGE!
  19. bretmaverick767 Level 30

maybe not top priority but it would be sooner then in a week or more, and
    while I do understand the time it takes to make a patch,but when you say we have a fix ready but won't imply till the next scheduled hotfix especially when the problem is a clear game breaker, you might as well say hey will get to it when we want to do it, which is unacceptable!!!!

P.S. love how much you guys have changed and learned from the mistakes you made in the now defunct star wars galaxies * insert sarcasm here*
  20. imdube New Player

I agree %100. Been stuck at lvl 27 for 3 days now. Id already bought 110 skill points or i'd of rerolled a different mentor. This is something that should be fixed immediately. They do faster hotfixes for nonsense. But a problem that completely halts character progression isnt pertinent I guess. GG devs.
    • Like x 3