Movement Styles: Lightstream & Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Deltaheat Well-Known Player

What a great surprise! TYVM :)
  2. Dagyr Doom Level 30

• Like x 1
  3. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Was not what I expected but neat idea. I will save up some SC.
    • Like x 1
  4. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Nice.
    Glad to see there will be no charge for switching back if we don't like the SFX or visuals when we try them.

Does this mean that a character with skimming can now switch to the regular flying animation without a charge?
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No. Skimming and Flight are regarded as two separate movement modes. The movement styles are basically just VFX that replace the look of your current movement mode.
    • Like x 1
  6. Alitain1 Well-Known Player

Interesting idea. Don't think they work for any of my characters, but they are neat and I look forward to seeing what other ones you guys develop down the road. Now all those Tron and Lantern characters will probably be happy ha! I hope one of the next ones you do is more of a magical effect, I'd be down with that for my main I'm sure. But seriously, nice job these are a neat a touch and addition to the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Quantile Well-Known Player

Very cool! Any chance for more color variations in the near future? All 3 of my toons have Green Smoke Auras so I would love to have Green Smokescreens!
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We expect to add new styles and more colors over time, but nothing concrete to share.
    • Like x 11
  9. Quantile Well-Known Player

Awesome! Looking forward to it!
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It blows my mind that after years of time capsule onslaught, people are being THIS picky about $10. I mean yeah I wouldn't buy every single one, that's $60 which is the price of a brand new game, but if you pick up one or two it's not that big of a deal.

I feel like the people that are complaining about pricing are used to playing the broker game to get what they want, which is why they didn't see capsules as an issue. Now that there's something they want, but need to actually shell out some cash for it, they're dissatisfied. While the rest of us who played the actual game more than the broker are satisfied.
    • Like x 6
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I truly love that these are put directly in the MP but I think it will sell better if you could simply change the color yourself. Sell one single color for 200 DB cash, sell the same pack for 1000 DB cash which allows you to adjust the color per toon/account.
  12. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

I got the cheeto puff effect to start.
    • Like x 1
  13. arcfussion Well-Known Player

Lol, you and I thought the same thing. I told my leaguemates it looks like my toons farting Cheetos coating.:p
    • Like x 1
  14. Malakai Ragnarok New Player

This is just another Daybreak cash grab. I wish they would fix PvP and add a map or ban gold bots for good. Instead, we just get more ways to make our character aesthetically pleasing.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I'm with ya on that one, don't get it either.

You don't have to go very far to see that this is a rather normal price bracket in the gaming industry.

Most styles in SWTOR for example are $14-20USD, mounts on WOW are $10-20USD, list goes on really.

I bet if there was a cosmetic they liked out of this they'd shell out the $10 instantly. There's a distinct difference between not liking something and that something being over priced when the desire to have said item is subjective.

I bought the white smoke one, no regrets, I like it. I'll probably get the other two smoke ones shortly as well.
    • Like x 4
  16. Hurtyman Active Player

Could you guys make like a putrid green smoke effect so we can look like we just came from a chili cook-off to fight crime? You guys haven't had an idea this great since you put two cowls on the market for $20.
    • Like x 1
  17. Volthoom New Player

DCUO love this!!
  18. Tropical Skittles Taste The Rainbow

;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

not all the people complaining are being cheap, i just saw nothing i liked or could use, and was hoping for the old capsule styles being added little by little. if they ever add a green variant of the smoke style i will probably buy it and switch to skimming, but as it stands i just have no interest or need for them.
  20. tukuan Devoted Player

Hmm, I suppose it could be for Tony Stank, but if I was inclined to cosplay a her I might be more inclined to adapt them for a certain Drake Burroughs.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1