Movement Styles: Lightstream & Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

I think this is a great move by the devs so Kudos.
    Glad you've listened as I know this is something many have requested in the past, and if being totally #transparent I'm glad it's not behind RNG in TC's.

Not sure if I'll purchase, as not something that important to me personally but I know it is to some. Hopefully this isn't a litmus test for things moving forward and can be expanded upon in the future.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Awesome. Now my toon can look like it has an issue with mustard gas.
    • Like x 1
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

Pink and Magenta WHEN???!! :cool:

Edit: can be any animation but I prefer hearts (dont let me wait until valentines event -_-') or any other fluffy stuff.
  4. C3alix Committed Player

There were 2 times when I said we should get tracers, and these are ALMOST what i envisioned because they're pretty light on the game.

I am VERY happy.
    • Like x 3
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Every release is a litmus test. Every TC, BB and MP item. At least according to what they've stated in the past.
    • Like x 2
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Unless I'm missing something, they are actually available for 900 Daybreak Cash in the marketplace. And I'm a PC player btw.
  7. Bladejack Level 30

Gotta love that membership Discount:) !
    • Like x 1
  8. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Then there was what I was missing.
    • Like x 1
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

I knew I was sitting on my DB Cash for some reason. My only quibble is that at least one free movement respec token would be a nice addition since we have to double pay unless we want to start a new toon.

I will wait for the livestream to get a sense of which will fit best but I suspect my Light toon and Quantum toons will be the most likely candidates.

EDIT: upon closer look it seems you don't have to respec the movement mode. If that's the case awesome. I guess I will wait for the livestream to see either way.
    • Like x 1
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

not exactly what i meant when i said we needed more updated movement mode styles, meant more....you know....less super man pose.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you missed the livestream, you can watch it here:

• Like x 8
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Could you vague that up for me? :confused:

TRANSLATION: I have no clue what you're complaining about without more info from you, because the Broker's been working fine for me (I'm on the US PC & PlayStation Server.)

DEVS: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for listening to the players and not only giving us requested Style Items some have requested for YEARS, but even more importantly, for putting them in the MARKETPLACE!!!! :D

And with that said, I'm off to buy a couple that I know I want to have! :cool:
    • Like x 2
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

FAIL REPORT: natures wolf form does not get the new superspeed movement styles,
    the electricity in wolf form ALLWAYS annoyed me :p;):D same goes for the bug form....
    • Like x 1
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I love you guys.
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And now that we have the Orange, Blue, and White Smokescreen Movement Mode styles, with the way the smoke trails come off of the feet for characters that are using Flight, our characters can FINALLY look like they have BOOT JETS! :cool:

Methinks it's finally time for me to create a Powered Armor Hero! :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks devs, these look cool and the purchasing is transparent.

If you're complaining about the price then it's probably because you want them but are being frugal.

The marketplace is being utilized and this is what we all want, so either pay for them if you want them or wait for a sale if you're being cheap.

Either way you should stop with the snide remarks that don't encourage this kind of marketing in the future.

For what it's worth the pricing is well in line with industry norms you should perhaps research that sort of thing before making assertions about the pricing ;)

Thanks again devs I'll be buying a few.
    • Like x 7
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Honestly people spend 10 bucks on a freakin dance in fortnite but you get a new movement style account bound on all characters forever and 10 dollars is too steep for some. Like c'mon man. Ridiculous
    • Like x 4
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I think the people complaining about the price probably aren't people that spend much in game anyway.
    • Like x 3
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

After watching the livestream recap, I have to send a big 'good job' to the art and technical departments.

This was a very smart idea (people probably being a little burned out of auras) and way easier to implement than a brand new movement mode. The color choices between smoke and tech were very smart as well. If I were playing the game I would definitely buy 2 immediately and another 2 down the road:

Green Slipstream right away for my green time traveling fire main and robotic green lantern alt.
    White smoke for my celestial hunter alt (I mean, walking on clouds, yes thank you) gadgets spy alt and living black tar atomic alt.

Down the road would be orange smoke as an alternate option for my fire main, atomic alt and electric miniature universe alt.

Finally would have to choose between the blue smoke for water and quantum alts or red slipstream (which I like better than blue smoke but doesn't really fit my rage alt's black and white rose style.

Again, great job.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

logged in for the first time in a year just to check out the movement styles. Great job. I bought the smokescreen orange for my fiery atomic character using loyalty points and it looks amazing.

Not sure if I'm coming back, but still great addition