Movement Styles: Lightstream & Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

New in the Marketplace: Movement Styles

Heroes and Villains spend a LOT of time on the move: sprinting into danger, flying over buildings, grappling up sheer walls, even hovering on discs. Until now, everyone's movement has looked the same. One acrobat's vaulting run looks just like any other. No more!

Starting today, Movement Styles are now available in the Marketplace. These styles change the visual appearance and color of your movement mode, giving your run - or flight, or sprint, or skim - a completely new look. Movement Styles can be changed in your Style menu, just like any other gear style, weapon style, or accessory.

This bold new way of customizing your character begins with the two new style options: Lightstream and Smokescreen. Like Auras, each Movement Style comes in a variety of colors:
    • Green Lighstream
    • Yellow Lightstream
    • Red Lightstream
    • White Smokescreen
    • Blue Smokescreen
    • Orange Smokescreen
    Each of the above Movement Styles is available individually, directly in the Marketplace. Plus, when purchased and equipped, your character gains that Movement Style in ALL of the different movement modes, just in case you decide to respec your movement in the future. Even better, once purchased, each style can be claimed by all characters on your account. Let me repeat that:

Movement Styles apply to all four movement modes and can be claimed by all characters on your account.
    The new Movement Styles are available now in the Marketplace for 1000 Daybreak Cash (PC) or Marketplace Cash (Console). Get moving!

[IMG]

[IMG]

If you missed the livestream, catch the replay here:

• Like x 21
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 1
  3. Duzzit Active Player

And to celebrate the new movement styles we're having an end of summer marketplace sale...?
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Really nice to finally see more cosmetic-type items in the Marketplace and especially an update to the customization of movement modes! Here's hoping there's more to come in the Marketplace in the near future.
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Love it!!! :D Getting excited like a little girl lol
    • Like x 3
  6. Deathen Blazes Active Player

No cosmetic vanity purchases by me until the broker display is fixed.
  7. °RAGEZ° Active Player

Ok that came unexpected. Pretty cool! No joke :)
    • Like x 2
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I’m loving these, been waiting forever ! I hope we get power-based ones soon !

Bug report: I got the Blue Smokescreen and I’m Super Speed. The blue emp-type smoke when you use Inertial Flywheel sometimes doesn’t work or ends halfway through the animation. I think combat affects it ? idk trying to figure it out.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Super excited for this! Hope that more colours and types are added in the future!
    • Like x 2
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Can you explain this a little more?
    So if you buy a movement pack, do the other movements only appear when you change movements or is it granted when you buy the first movement

Edit: I believe my answer has been answered but I do not mind more responses :)

Edit again, my question had been fully answered, thought all of these movement skins were a giant pack for $10, they are not, each variation $10 and claimable on alts
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!! Finalllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

/ ˈsuːpə(r) ˈɡreɪt /
    • Like x 2
  12. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  13. Jords21 Well-Known Player

mepps can we have it as a free gift cause what if some people can't get daybreak or marketplace cash
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

lol
    • Like x 4
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

All these look really cool, except for Acrobatics.

I mean what is that? Quantum Gue coming off your shoes from all the guys who use Gravity well?

Flight, Skimming, and Super-speed look fantastic.

I'm a dedicated Acrobatics user and well, it just doesn't look good from the screenshots I'm seeing here. Hopefully it looks better with the gliding and stuff.

Great work on these overall.
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I unfortunately also just remembered one more turn off that comes with this. I was considering buying them, but I think I'll pass.

End-game content or event content, however you want to put it, has grounding mechanics where it shuts off the movement modes basically the skin functionality gets turned off thanks to that core mechanic that's constantly in raids.
  17. oldschoolarcade New Player

Smoke Movement ? insert JAMES BOND's 1960s ASTON MARTIN DB5 smokescreen chase deterrent (youtube link)
    • Like x 1
  18. EminaJUH New Player

This should be free as a new movement. Same for new powers. This game could be less expensive and more generous with the players. Most of the things in this game we can only get with real money.
  19. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Not that im complaining but.. i dont see the point.
    The movements are cool but no new races...seems kinda pointless unless for alt, are they account bound when you buy them?
  20. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

You guys finally listened. Styles directly on the Marketplace not tied to some shady Lootbox. No catch like the Booster Bundle where there is RNG and they are not Limited Time Only Exclusives that will be gone Forever trying to get impulse purchases. There aren't Feats attached like Time Capsules so they aren't tied to our progression. No stacked against us RNG like the capsules, and people don't have to buy hundreds of them only to walk away disappointed and unsatisfied.

Finally something new for our movement modes and not just another aura. Purely cosmetic and optional. The Price at 1000 for just one many will find kinda steep, but it unlocks for all movement modes and for all characters so I can't honestly complain.

Congrats on finally using the Marketplace as we've been asking. Personally I'd consider reaching out to the community on future pricing, tho you get a +1 from me. Especially enjoying the Orange Smoke as it looks like the Rocket Boots I've asked for before on here lol.
    • Like x 2