Movement mode style enhancements

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by velvetsanity, Mar 1, 2018.

1. velvetsanity Loyal Player

My brain’s been thinking again...

How about a style slot for movement mode variations?

For example, skimmers could have multiple styles: the two discs they have now, a single larger disc, a surfboard/snowboard, a small cloud (yes, Dragonball had that, but Dragonball was inspired by the ancient Chinese legends of the Monkey King Son Goku), a tech platform a stand on, etc.

Flight could have a variety of flying poses/animations.

Acrobatics could have a variety of wing/glider styles.

Not sure what could be done with super speed, since the Speed Force is an iconic part of the setting/lore/mythos to begin with.
    • Like x 6
  2. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

Yeah, I'd be wiling to throw a few bucks at that.
    (And have been saying so for years)
  3. Hytch Well-Known Player

I have wanted a superspeed to have a no electricity effects option since the game came out. The electricity effect is what is keeping me from switching to superspeed on some of my toons. It just doesn't fit most other powersets to me, except electricity of course.
    If they could ad a style that you can equip that takes away the electricity then sign me up!
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes but the other movements need variations.
    Edit: Super Speed could have flames. I have a super speed fire toon and the electric effects kind of kill my look.
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I still want to swim when moving across water at full speed as an acrobat :(
    • Like x 2
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Super speed is the only one I couldn’t come up with variation possibilities for.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You mean like a dolphin, jumping in and out of water?
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Roller Blades and Skateboard could fit too. A mix between Skimmers & Acrobatics. I loved all of these ideas.
    • Like x 3
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I... hadn’t thought that far ahead. :D
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Ice skating
    Rolling Blading

Those are the two I want.
    • Like x 2
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

For super speed we can get a water running animation instead of the static to go with deluge.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

When they introduced the idea of variant movement modes, they set things up to do them for each movement but you could tell they had no idea beyond skimming as to what to do. Skimming seems to be the main (possibly only) reason they came up with the idea to start with.

The primary things people asked about from the second skimming was previewed, was can we have a surf board, a rock, etc. The devs were very clear that do to the mechanics of movement they couldn't have both feat set on a single object.

People also asked for the disks to be customizable and the devs said something like, they were looking into that but nothing really came about.
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Can't really think of any other possible varitions for Agile and Swift other than Leaping (Super Jump) and maybe Skating or Feral (can't think of a better name but running like an animal or Cheetah in Injustice 2)

[IMG]

Killer Frost's Ice Sliding would be neat too though not entirely sure if it's possible to incorporate. At this point I really don't think they'll add any variants but we definitely could use movement customization something they said long ago... I'd be more inclined to use Acrobatics and Speedster if we were able to customize the grapple or change the effect of the lighting to match our characters.
    • Like x 3
  14. Hytch Well-Known Player

Trickster's air walking

The Top's spin
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I want a blue lightning superspeed as well as red lightning. Won't that look cool?

And what might work too: Superspeed with a trail of fire, ice, dust, Water, Red Plasma, Red & blue sparks, golden Sparks, Quantum/Atomic energy, green/yellow beam trail.
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would be happy if only flyers could have both hands in front while in top speed...
    • Like x 2
  17. Hytch Well-Known Player

I like these.

I would also like a no effects option except the trail blur that is there.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Teleportation. Like Quantum's power.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hytch Well-Known Player

Teleportation would be amazing but how would they pull it off? I can imagine it would be a programming nightmare.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Someone posted a Teleportation movement from another game somewhere on here. It looked cool. Disappearing and reappearing at different points.