Movement Mode Innates (Stun Resistance, etc)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Illumin411, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Do we know for sure if they still work or not? On a recent video, Obsidian Chill said he's 99.99% sure they don't but the explanation he gave would also apply to control resistance and I definitely notice a significant difference when using the breakout trinket and the 30% control resistance it gives in boss fights with heavy stuns, pulls, interrupts, etc (ex. Vampire Lord in DR, A.R.C. in BB, etc). It's one thing for a stat to be invisible but it's another for it to be a complete mystery as to whether it's even still relevant.

It would be nice and quite appreciated if the devs could give an official answer on this or if they already have, if somebody could provide a link.
    • Like x 3
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Would love to know for sure as well.
  3. dresserball Dedicated Player

Best way would to put them in the bug section as not working. Then if they say not a bug you got your answer.
    • Like x 2
  4. AV Loyal Player

I'm fairly confident they don't work and certain they're a waste of SP for virtually all practical intents and purposes.
    • Like x 3
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It might be hard to tell - 10% resistance is all but useless on its own.
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Even when I atomic tank or other atomic tanks can speak to this as well the Aura is supposed to give you 15% extra control resistance and I notice all but none of that lol, you will still get just as easily stunned or knocked out of a thermochemical combo chain as you normally would, the 10% ones are either too low to even notice and there has to be a threshold of 25-30% before it even takes effect.

This game works off scripting, if something is going to stun or push you back you 100% get stunned or pushed back unless you had immunity, there doesn't seem to be anything in place to account for any of that.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Are you saying because of the way it’s coded it CAN’T utilize a probability modifier gate or that it simply DOESN’T use one? From what I gleaned off of several random conversation with some programmer buddies (particularly one long conversation we had about catching in Madden), Entity A can be scripted to perform an action against entity B and entity B can have a probability modifier gate that affects an RNG which then determine if said action renders true or false. Could that not apply to the way NPC CC is coded?
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Maybe some npc's may have that type of modifier but look at Gotham City Zoo, the manbats can flap their wings or use sonic shout and you can break out and once that few seconds of immunity wear off are immediately stunned again, even as a tank. Doesn't matter what type of "control resistance" may exist in game an npc like the man bat will completely ignore it. The breakout trinket only works, not for the 30% resistance but the fact it gives you breakout immunity at the same time. It wouldn't surprise me if an npc has a stun ability it would act a similar way.
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That’s a good point about the manbats. But I also know that when I remembered to equip the breakout trinket for the turret boss fight in Darkness Rising, if the enemies captured the turret and those red beams started flying they’d barely effect me if at all. Whereas if I didn’t use the trinket, those beams would interrupt me left and right. And on the last boss I experienced noticeably less CC if I used the breakout trinket. Sometimes I wouldn’t get pulled to the pool while my other three teammates did. If this were over just a few test runs one could argue a placebo effect combined with some luck but I ran it almost every day for the entire DLC and always noticed the effect.

I just wish we could get an official answer from the devs.
  10. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

It's ability dependent. Captain Cold's old snowball attack used to CC trap you no matter what you did or what your control resistance was. They've made that mistake before with fodder adds in various content that could CC you rapidly. At the general level it's just plain difficult to tell, let alone if it applies to PVE and/or PVP only.
  11. FrauFever New Player

i've been knocked down by dead mobs so many times it's become a joke to me now....he dies, he knocks me down, now i can go on......