Movement mode/iconic 2500sc (increase to 5000)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Badname392023, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

The movement mode supers and the iconic pheromone bloom need to increased to 5000.

Healing aspect

: This is ridiculous the amount of supercharge back a healer can give a dps because they are back to back spamming these 25% supercharges. Once upon of time this game took actual skill to complete content and didn’t rely on perks to rush through it or being used an advantage point and YES the ability to spam those eye of gems is an advantage point it helps pamper players to Obtain harder feats in the game or anything that has to do with damage checks.

Your meta is buff trolls and two healers spamming 25% supers to keep the dps supercharges full? Nobody should complain about elite being to hard EVER and I’m sick of players asking for changes to make our only one raid easier. Elite content is not meant to be easy. No tell skulls should exist in any type of elite content nor should it be easier to beat because of cheap tactics like EOG spam.

It would actually be more entertaining if Dc REMOVED supercharges from being used in elite content period. That’s how you make thing tougher and if players want to complain about that they can play regular.
    • Like x 1
  2. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

NO supercharges allowed in elite content if you don’t want to change the cheesy 25% supercharge tactics please devs! At least for elite content. Please let elite feel like elite again

Disable ALL supercharges in elite mode for future content

If anything make a more hardcore version of elite that offers higher level rewards while limiting our abilities for those like me who would like to be put in a more suffocating environment.
  3. BabyAres2 New Player

What type of dumb *** suggestion is this a bunch of artifacts will become useless especially eye of Gemini I swear every time players got something good in the game. Come on the forms and take it off leave it the way it is
    • Like x 13
  4. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

I said if anything make a harder version of elite where supercharges are disabled doesn’t matter if you tank dps or troll your supercharge Is disabled for more challenging content. (Youd still be able to play regular elite and use your supercharges) but if we are only getting one raid why can’t there be a higher tier elite version of the elite that will push you to the limits and give you greater rewards?

Even better how about after getting full renown you have a chance to unlock a harder tier version of the elite where greater rewards and an even higher difficulty awaits you? So much they can do to exercise our skill level.

All this game right now is... healers spamming 25% sc eye of Geminis and buff trolls. WOW real challenging to get through content with that going on in groups.

Give me a break
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I agree its too powerfull (would agree on a nerf) but i dont think SC should be removed from Elite raids.

I also dont like the current meta of Buff troll, Solo Tank, 5 DPS and a solo healer that spamms Eye of gemini in Elite raids ! That are supposed to be the most difficult content but gets boring very fast because the devs dont design them to make it longterm challenging/fun. The first boss is fine but anything after trigon to me seems just boring and not well made.

its not enjoyable to have such setups,i hope we can see a elite raid that needs 2 Tanks in the next episode and future.

Yes elite raids should be difficult and i hope we can see some major changes on the next episode when it comes to the design of the Raids. I mean justice league dark episode and metal part one had very very good Elite raids (Monsters of metal Elite,False idols Elite,Shattered gotham Elite,fellowship of the arcane Elite) but sadly all episodes after those two got less and less fun and exciting.

Even with the Dual wield flurry shot meta those Elite raids i just wrote there were difficult imagine how easy this legion episode would be if we still had Dual wield flurry shot.
  6. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

What you and the OP don't seem to understand, when you take these things away you're effectively ruining an artifact that some people paid for. The artifact is working exactly the way its supposed to do. Just because itsmeta that you dislike doesn't mean it should be removed altogether. I dislike the kite tanking meta, but that doesn't mean I want it removed, however I would like a option that makes turtle tanking viable again. You're no different than ObsidianChill wanting all the healer SC shields nerfed to the ground by making em 100%. This is how you piss off the community. I however like the buff troll meta. It gives the troll something else to do other than being a power battery (which most DPS are self-sufficient with power).
    • Like x 9
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I also dislike the kite tanking meta thats why i suggest them to work on future elite raid designs better to make it so that people MUST have 2 tanks and design them in a specific way that it stays longterm fun and difficult.

And the artifact will work the same way we are talking about a SC not the artifact i think thats something you didnt undestood correctly.

Hey by all means i didnt complain about the buff troll meta but the solo Tank and solo heal meta to rush trough newest elite content with 5 DPS meta which is supposed to be the most difficult content and thats why people get bored of the episodes so quickly (because the design of the Elite raids allow this to happen and some other things that overperform) also having only one raid is also the issue we must get atleast 2 Raids per episode.

i know some players are better then others but it takes the fun away and skill if people use something that is obviously overperforming and creates a bigger gap between Players since this is mainly being used by Endgame players. (Talking about eye of gemini Supercharge spamming)
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You could build a group to your liking if it's elite run. There's plenty of us that would be fine with not running eog, it's something players ask for. Personally, I've just started leveling one because my main runs nothing but elite and is usually healing. I'd much rather have the ease of my choice of what arts to run but eog just speeds things up which translates to less chance at making mistakes/ wiping
    • Like x 1
  9. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

You want a challenge? Remove all your Elite gear and artifacts. Go in with the minimum CR gear required and only 120 Artifacts and Q up with random people. Trust me, that will give you the challenge you're looking for.
    • Like x 4
  10. Legasei Well-Known Player

I’m sick of players acting as if their skilled friends and league mates have nothing to do with elite content being easy or what not. That has more to do with it than artifacts and supercharge spam.
    • Like x 7
  11. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

People in this thread (are not reading) right under my Op Post

I also said {*if anything the devs should make something a tier higher than elite that would be more hardcore where supercharges or even artifacts are disabled for those who want a even tougher challenge (think of it as DC”s version of call of duty’s hardcore mode)

it’s nothing that has to be mandatory to complete just have it there as an option and let it have greater rewards for completing it

(regular elite and spamming renown day one getting your gear in a week can still exist) don’t worry

but add something beyond that to play

Y’all complain but I guarantee a CHUNK of players would still play that just because it would be harder than regular elite

Or do y’all like blowing by and spamming the same one raid over and over and beating it in 20 mins for 3 months with nothing else to do?

As far as the pheromone bloom, speed drain and movement mode supers only being 25% and used as spamming to give dps unlimited amounts of super charges that definitely needs to go increase those supercharge costs
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Again, why do devs need to be the ones to make this happen? Build a group. A few of us are buying super low cr gear and going back to nexus. Removing sp, white mods, arts, using a few tiers lower gear to offset genmods, not using powers that didn't exist during the dlc, whatever. We aren't asking for them to make us something because we can do it ourselves. As someone just said to me on one of my posts, they have more important things to do
    • Like x 3
  13. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Because you’d get more rare rewards from it compared to what regular elite content would offer. Players can’t magically do that for themselves and add it to the game.

Also that would mean players have to spend additional money on armories reconfigure there regular setup just for that one mode. How hard is it really to disable supers and arts from a specific mode? They are already able to have arts disabled from pvp arenas I’d be shocked if it’s actually time consuming to make a hardcore elite and disable things.

Before artifacts existed this was how the game was actually played. going in the content with no perks. Removing the supercharge is just a bonus that would make the mode harder.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It sounds fun and all but this is on par with those "1st world problem" memes. This is a request for the 1%s. Which may be even lower since you're the only one to ever bring it up. Increased rewards would force people to play it, that's just a fact. But would they actually want to? Probably not. Is spamming eog unfair? No because you're all on the same team so you're after the same goal. Taking away that arts basic function and expecting players to be ok with it isn't realistic. It's like dead kings scepter. Most elite raids had to be changed so it didn't become a useless artifact. So instead of negating it completely, they worked in times when you could use a supply drop and times when you can't. What you should be asking for is a mechanic that when you use an eog, a boss heals a bit or gains a defense debuff, or the player that activates receives aggro for 5secs. Your suggestion means 4 versions of the exact same raid while the rest of the community is begging for 2 raids per dlc. So while you think it may be easy to implement, it most likely isn't and would cost the entire community content for something that 99.9% of the community doesn't want. Adding pvp type of restrictions to pve could very well break an entire raid. Make other artifacts not work. When just shouting on lfg "need a heal that doesn't use eog" would be already an option.
    • Like x 4
  15. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

And if anyone confused about the thread

1A - my suggestion was to remove supers from elite content because the 25% supercharge spam healers grant the group for unlimited supercharges cripples elite content. Imagine the devs putting adds or challenging DPS damage check mechanics in raid fights and they get obliterated in seconds because for one you have a buff troll in the group and two you have constant green circles non stop feeding you supercharge? No man that is not elite what elite feels like in today’s version of dcuo is regular content. The supercharge stuff should be removed from elite if your not going to increase all 25% supercharge costs to counter the spam.

OR

1B - leave everything the way it is but add a new hardcore mode of the same elite raid with rare rewards while supercharges & artifacts would be disabled.

1 regular raid

1 elite raid (you can use arts and supers)

1 elite hardcore raid (you can’t use arts and supers mechanics are more unforgiving) rare rewards for completing

That’s all I’m saying. Something for everyone in the game
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

But you've forgotten about event level which is a whole other batch of coding and adjusting they need to do. They have like a team of 20 maybe? And 3 of those work on raids? Idk. But you want them to disable all arts now? So technically they would be turning down the difficulty of the raid to make this happen or you'd have a 3hr raid that others are doing in 20mins. I get what you're saying but you really have to think about this. The community already has difficult times when pugging regular. People die in event level still. Plenty of players can't do elite with artifacts. And then a whole other group can complete them but aren't "top tier" players and are doing it with lfg groups and minimal planning. This super elite you're asking for would be built/ league groups only, and means that all that time and money invested in their arts was useless.
    So now say this happened, you have invited players to never use artifacts again. So money isn't being spent by players. F2p takes over. Game dies is the long run outcome. But now those players will get slaughtered in regular or normal elite.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry, but this is an absolutely useless waste of developers' resources and a senseless mockery of the players who invested real money in the artifact. Instead of spending resources on the next rebalancing, it is better to create an additional raid, solo, and at least two additional bosses in the open world, any of this is an order of magnitude better investment of the developers' efforts.
    Sorry, but personally, I think all of these topics, about how you all "love" the challenge, just plain hypocrisy. You have all the tools to create yourself any level of difficulty.
    Is it too easy to tank? Go ahead and create an effective batle tank build. do you not like EOG spam? Well, create a group where this is not. Too easy an elite raid? make it four man. there are endless ways to get the challenge.
    • Like x 4
  18. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

What is the downfall of it?

We get one raid correct? What is so bad about making three tiers of it. regular, elite, and hardcore. Regular and elite is just like it is on live server right now and the hardcore version you have arts and supercharges stripped from you, the mechanics are more deadly and you receive rare reward drops.

Honestly don’t see the problem with that the rewards from the hardcore version shouldn’t be anything you’d be able to receive in a elite version that’s why it should actually be something the devs create vs creating our own difficulty

That’s my 2cents on it

Kind of like survival mode where the rewards would only be available through beating that kind of certain content. I think that opens the door for players to invest in trying it out
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We don't always get 1 raid, but before we get to that: please understand that there is already always 3 tiers of a raid. Event, regular, elite. All 3 have to be made and adjusted differently than the other. That takes time and resources. Adding a 4th that is completely different than those 3 is adding more time and adjusting and requiring them to use code from pvp which is notorious for breaking pve.
    Now say next dlc has 2 raids, that's 8 raids requiring time and attention. Since 1 raid only has been the last 2 dlc norm does not mean it will be a continuous change. We don't know.
    Now back to what I said previously, what you're asking for you can build yourself. Go into elite and take your arts off. Try it out, let us know how it goes. Me, I don't want to lose 15% resto or 30% might or whatever the added stats of my arts are. If you do, there is nothing stopping you. Basically all you're asking for is a reward for doing something you can already do at the cost of hundreds of hours of development time.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Balancing any difficulty level takes the same amount of time. Balancing an event takes the same amount of time as an elite. Adding an extra level of difficulty is an extra 30% of the work for developers. Adding a difficulty level in which the system of interaction between the character and the environment is radically changed is the same as creating a completely new raid. The new raid is something that 99.99% of the players will like, your idea is that less than 1% of the players will like it, so it turns out that, in comparison with others, this investment is not profitable ...
    • Like x 3