Movement Changing Gear Request

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Curse Bringer, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Now that the Joker Jetpack, Journey man boots, and Gloves of clinging are moving onto the fate vendor, I would like to ask if we could get two new items created to go along with them.

The first, Atlantean Sea Shell Necklace. Swimming movement
    Much like the Speed Ring and the Flight ring, except this would be a necklace that changes to the swimming movement mode that atlantis defaults to

The second, Miraculous Skimmers
    Pretty obvious, These Would be for skimming. either another Boot style, or another Jewelry item

Quite a number of players have all 3 variant items already, adding the two new ones (Or more :p) would be a welcomed addition if time and resources would allow

Thoughts?
    • Like x 8
  2. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, yes to the Skimmers, No to the shell necklace.

The reason being, we swim in game when we're supposed to be "under water" so we're obviously going to be swimming. I'm not sure I want to see people "swimming" through the air of metropolis and gotham :D :D
    • Like x 7
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Swimming is already the same as flight but with our characters doing different non-functionally impacting animations. Seeing those animations anywhere but where they currently already are (under water) would be pretty silly.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

That would be pretty entertaining, actually.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I'd returned, did some swimming content which was new to me and did not realize there was a swim faster button until i did the flashpoint alert and saw/heard the other players rushing ahead. :eek::oops:
  7. Eve YouTuber

I like the idea, bring it fourth!
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, I mean, water and air ARE both fluids, so...eh. I don't see the harm.
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The skimmers/Hover Discs are definitely needed to complete the set.

The Swimming Movement only gets used in the Atlantis environments, and happens automatically for characters that would need to use it. But that same movement mode would be useless in normal environments.