Movement based Aura

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Swiftduck, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

I recently watched an FNL episode where the devs mentioned new tech with auras starting with the firefly aura.

The firefly aura only appears when not moving, which is cool.

I am hoping to make my Lantern based character a bit more authentic. I'm pretty sure the devs thought of this already but if not it doesn't hurt to mention it.

Could we possibly have an Aura that is activated upon entering movement mode?

For instance, when any Lantern starts flying, their aura will appear around them, seemingly giving them flight abilities.

I feel like this would create a bit more authentic feel to our characters. What do ya's think?
    • Like x 5
  2. Antwoman Dedicated Player

anything to get rid of those lighting from SS.
    • Like x 4
  3. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Increased debris spawning around you the faster you go
    • Like x 2
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

That would be nice hehe
  5. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

I would think you could do some cool things with movement auras.....I like the activate upon flight one as well
    • Like x 1
  6. Crn Well-Known Player

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like to have that removed. That lightning is unnecessary.
    • Like x 1
  7. Swiftduck Loyal Player

some people like that effect.

A toggle would be awesome for that.
  8. Crn Well-Known Player

That would be pretty cool.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That idea would fall under the movement mode cosmetics that they have stated in the past they would like to do. They said at SOE Live last year that it is something they plan on doing, having cosmetics for movement modes that correspond to your power such as skimming with rocks/earth under your feet for Earth or using a Vine Lash-esque animation for zipl line on Acrobatics etc. but they have no projected timeline on when that might happen.
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd actually like this, would be alot like the anime series when hal (I think) goes green and starts flying his aura pops.

something else I'd like to see even though theres nothing in-game close to it other then the firefly aura as far as how it acts ect.

is a alternate armory, this armory is basically cosmetic purpose only. let me explain.

What this would do is it would do what the armories we have now do, but it would have 2 outfit slots, a human / civilian outfit, and then a hero / villain outfit.

Basically you'd be in the civilian outfit until you go into combat then the hero / villain outfit would activate. Kinda how Green lanterns do in the anime series, they're walking around in they're home town or getting a hair cut ect, and hear a gun shot or big fight go out side and the armor (green lantern suit / ring) activates and they get to it.

it could be like $10 for 1 of these armories since it has 2 outfit slots built into.

this is just a idea I have been thinking about since starting to watch alot of the anime DC stuff :p

let me know you're thoughts :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Swiftduck Loyal Player

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I also like your idea as well. I think that would be pretty cool
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

this game needs to really ramp it up to compete or it'll get left behind eventually. It all lies in the eyes and hands of the devs though sadly.