Movement Balance Suggestions

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by AV, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Mr.W Committed Player

I'm with you there. It would be nice if we could do a barrel role or something to move a little faster lol. Similarly it would be nice if the acrobat grappling hook automatically alternated the left & right walls to keep a little speed.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

*roll
  3. Mystyfy Level 30

Has anyone brought up an idea to have dustoff be controlled similar to how you control SS's dash attack? I think that would add a huge mobility option if you could control that instead of it shooting you straight up in the air.

Other than that, couldn't agree more with the suggestions posted here.
    • Like x 1
  4. AV Loyal Player

Another minor change that may or may not be easy to implement would be to allow Flight and Acro to cycle movement to get a slight forward boost in combat as well as SS can. Acro can to a degree though and can sometimes grapple while in combat, so it's just just Flight that gets the shaft there. The Swoop Attack thing is great but I also don't want people to be forced to use it to have equivalent mobility, even if the power was balanced to be solid all around.
    • Like x 1
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

...and reduce the height that Dustoff throws you. It didn't used to be a Shield IIRC (just a knockback), so the distance was relevant then to get you safe, but now it's just hilariously OTT and a PITA.

It has a pretty good base multiplier as I recall, so it shouldn't be so useless ;).
    • Like x 1
  6. Great Architect Loyal Player

I should also note that if you want to lose height in a hurry, it is quicker BY FAR to simply toggle out of your movement mode and drop like a stone than to deliberately fly down - which is non-intuitive, and makes Swoop Attack almost completely obsolete in any situation you would want to use it?

I say almost, because you can, if experienced, recover flight just before you hit bottom and THEN dive - but then we hit Swoop Attack's idiosyncracies again...
    • Like x 1
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Well, it got necro'd in the Supercharge discussion, and I believe the OP makes some damn fine points. Surprised I missed this back then.
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Missed this, bumping and watching.
    • Like x 2
  9. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Bump.
    • Like x 3
  10. L T Devoted Player

Whirling Dervish, Vortex Trap, and Whirlwind should all have the same cool down and do the same damage.

Acrobatics lacks a channel attack like the ones above.

Flight's breakout ability still costs 0 power to use. Not that anyone uses it. Probably a good clip move in PVP though.
    • Like x 4
  11. AV Loyal Player

Yeah if the suggestions were adopted each mode would still be left with a unique weakness. Eg. Super Speed would still be unable to use certain powers/SCs while grounded, Acro would still lack a "channel" power, and Flight would still be the most cumbersome (though much better off than before). I doubt we'd see a new Acro ability so I feel keeping them unique in their strengths/weaknesses a bit while still having them all be viable should be the goal.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Oh yeah I know there's no way Acro gets another ability. Just pointing out differences that I didn't see mentioned in the thread so far.

I'm all in favor of strengths and weaknesses. But Acrobatics is currently a second class citizen. And Flight... I don't even know... migrant workers?
    • Like x 3
  13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I don't know if this has already been said, but we need the grounding restriction removed from Dash Attack. Its completely rediculous that you can grounded and still use the movement shields for acro/flight, but not with superspeed.
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

Bumping harder than Colombian Bam Bam. This is an issue. Maybe not a but or exploit, but it is an issue that deserves some form of dev insight. I’m too lazy to look but I’ll bet my next check that the majority of end game players are super speed. If you saw this discrepancy with a power you’d look into it. Example given, when throne was being glitched the easiest way to tell was that the vast majority of eng game cr were all quantum. This is no different.
    • Like x 1