Movement auras

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by inferno, Oct 31, 2019.

1. inferno Loyal Player

It's the first time of its kind that I've seen but in the new Metal Man-bat fight there's a green squiggly aura that comes on us and when we move it has this trailing effect. I don't know what it is but I like it and I want it. Can you imagine if it were a power-based one? I hope it's a preview of something new coming soon.
    • Like x 3
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

Some powers already have those kind of effects on them, and they've had them for a while. They show up when you use specific abilities, for example sorcery's shield, sorcery's aura that shows up when your pet's out, fire has enflame, pretty sure ice has one too, those are the ones i can remember from the top of my head that leave trails when you move. Think nature has something too.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's just some FX from Celestial (Renew comboed into Curse - leaves those FX on your target) that they recoloured green, so technically it is based off a power. As Zamara mentioned above though there are quite a few power FX that leave trails. Personally I always loved Temporal Extortion, the weapon buff in Quantum. It leaves a really nice trail of dots as you're flying/running etc.
  4. inferno Loyal Player

I see what you both mean, I went to my my toons and saw what you two meant. Quantum, fire and sorcery does have powers that leaves trails of dots in different colors. Sorcery was the only one unique enough that it left glyph circles in its wake. They all look minimal though compared to what I see in the man-bat fight. The squiggly pattern that trails behind looks almost like after-images of your movement; looks kinda hypnotic to me. I'm not entirely sure what I want from this, hopefully it doesn't end up just as different colored squiggly lines. It feels like something promising could come out of it.
  5. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

My alt's name is Flatulent Man. Which power movement aura should I use?