Confirmed Most of the ships from the Summer Seasonal are yellow

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by darth_paul, Jun 12, 2020.

1. darth_paul Dedicated Player

There is a bug with the Summer Seasonal where the Mutineers Ships are not correctly showing up as purple all of the time. All of the ships in the area are orange, and some of them only turn purple until you get close, and some don’t even change colors at all! This is a problem with telling which ships to attack for which tasks unless you pay attention to the actual adds instead. There were a lot of confused players last night.
    • Like x 12
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

Except the one I'm on and maybe 1 or 2 more that are nearby. The rest are all yellow and when I stand on a yellow ships that is supposed to be purple, the count towards the request (to kill 10 npc's) still counts.

https://ibb.co/Y3B7x96
    • Like x 6
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

Haha just wanted to post the same report, good it's already here.

[IMG]

Since I'm almost everytime in PvP phase anyways, it doesn't really bother me, but devs, as you can see in the pics, I'm standing on a golden friagte where I'm supposed to find Boarders, yet I'm finding myself standing on a villain ship disguised as a golden frigate.
    • Like x 2
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

It's also a duplicate, but it'll take about Monday to get these two merged.
    I suggest you two (or anyone who's concerned) to like the following thread so the support doesn't get diluted:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/mutineer-ships-not-the-correct-color.309714/
    • Like x 2
  5. darth_paul Dedicated Player

6. Neuthonix Active Player

I noticed the same problem
  7. Time Beacon Active Player

most look yellow then change to purple upon getting closer. also the wrong objective happens on the wrong type ship
    • Like x 2
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

True, that's what I noticed couple minutes ago, too.
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

Just wanted to add that some will change to the correct you've been there for a bit. It's very inconsistent though, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

I noticed this as well. You can tell which ship you're on by which objective updates (or doesn't update), but new players will definitely be confused.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

While that's being looked at, I'll just note in passing that the spawn rate on the mutineer boarders are terrible when you bear in mind that five or so players are hovering around trying to grab credit. It would be nice to either up the ease of sharing or shorten the respawn time for boarders.
    • Like x 2
  12. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

In Metropolis the color coding of the frigates is completely messed up.

Initially all ships are yellow now, some switch to purple if you near them, but some do not.

Yellow is the color code for hero ships (with mutineer boarders) and purple is the color code for villain ships (with Atlantean boarders). At least this is how it has been in the last 9 years and how it should be.

Please see the following screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/a/t74P72B

The villain objective says: "Repel Atlantean Boarders from Purple Mutineer Frigates". You can see the Atlantean Boarder, but the ship's color coding is yellow.

This is pretty annoying, because you cannot see from far which ships you need to board to do your quest objectives. Please fix.

AP
    • Like x 1
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

This is broken for the 3rd year! Yippie!
    • Like x 1
  14. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

A lot of summer event ships in Metropolis have wrong color - the ones that supposed to be purple (they have blue generators in the middle) have golden elements instead.
    [IMG]
  15. Kestral Committed Player

FYI this bug was also present last year.
    • Like x 1
  16. LipstickHeroine Active Player

So it's a new day and with it comes yet another glitch for my account.

I'm trying to do the daily event and the "repel mutineers from the golden frigates" is not registering the defeated mutineers. So I'm presently unable to complete the task.

Is there a reason that I continue to encounter so many issues on my account? Why are nearly all of my characters having these game breaking glitches?

I don't remember the game being so unstable. Is this the result of hackers degrading the code?

Anyway, that's the bug.
  17. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The bug is actually that most of the ships are loading as "gold" instead of purple. You need to repel the mutineers that are on the ships with your turrets (not firing at you). The mutineers on the ones that have enemy turrets don't count. It would be clearer if they fixed the initial bug but it's been like that for the past couple of years. :(
    • Like x 2