More TV show adaptations in game???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SpicyMoonlight, Dec 2, 2015.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

After seeing a great episode of Flash last night I got to thinking, what if:

They reskinned more of these legends? Captain Cold and arrow come to mind. Maybe even update some NPCs?

They added some exclusive, Limited edition MP styles for our characters, based entirely off these shows?

They added Hawkgirl/man to Legends?

There were some sort of Tie-ins to the current TV shows; maybe even the Legends of Tomorrow?
    • Like x 1
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I totally support content that features all of the characters currently in play on the small and big screen.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mathalos Well-Known Player

The more tie-ins the better. I'm sure these take a lot of work to get approved and probably will be farther apart than what we want. The ones so far are awesome. I so want the Zoom from the TV show in-game. I am definitely looking forward to what they surprise us with in the future.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It seems like I have been having to says this way to much lately.

WB owns the shows not DC Comics, so all likeness and stories from said shows are the sole property of WB. What that means is they are out side of the contracts that DGC has with DC Comics, making that stuff unavailable to DGC without special extra contracts with WB.

Now yes we got the re-skin of Supergirl but that was a different thing. She is with CBS and CBS was doing a lot of promotions to get everybody and anybody to watch the show sense this is their first dip into the comic book world in a few decades. So it was just a one time promo that most like will not happen again.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

CBS owns CW. Parent company.

Overall if DBGs wants to add things into the game based on other intellectial media, they have to go to them to add it via a license. I feel the Supergirl was the other way. They came to DBGs to promote the show.
    • Like x 1
  6. ErnieBMC Well-Known Player

No offense, but this to me are like the "we want lizard breathing fire flying space ET powers", in the sense that people ask for new things while we have old ones that still have so much use but are ignored. There are so many variations of the characters in the comics, way better than on any TV show, but people keep getting carried away by the flare of seeing them on the screen, and don't realize that's not even their best look. So I'm just saying why don't we stop asking for every new thing we see on a show (like really someone saw Red Tornado on Supergirl, and actually asked why he wasn't on the game, really??), and focus on adapting more of the real story of the characters, like the fact that green lanterns can make armor from their rings and not have to put any on.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

reskins aside this doesn't mean we can't see more of these characters in game. Current content tha past few months has been influenced by whats going on "out there": the Bombshells comic, the Supergirl reskin, seeing the Flash, green Arrow and this month Black canary come to the front.

I would love to see Firestorm and the Atom brought into the game, more content with the Hawks, some more of Flashs Rogues Gallery, Vandal Savage as a boss fight. The upcoming movies are going to be bringing a lot of DC heroes into the spotlight: Cyborg, Aquaman, Deadshot, Katana.

It would be foolish not to develop some content including these characters.
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

CBS is a co-owner of CW with WB not the sole owner, which is why it's called C (CBS) W (WB). CW was created form the merging of the old WB and UPN networks.

Yes, I do believe CBS came to DGC. I can just imagine the crazy cheering of everybody a DGC the second they finished the call with CBS :D.
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh, of course we can see more of all the characters in game, the comic versions are for the most part available to the Devs. Quite a few of them are already in the game.

But the Op was talking about wanting the likenesses of the characters from the shows and tie-ins with the shows, that's where things get complicated.
  10. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

After the new Supergirl skin was added I thought they might go with Harley's new look from Suicide Squad movie. And so on and so forth.
    • Like x 1
  11. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

They should. It'd be advertising both ways. The show/movies would advertise them (by showing off the in game model) and the game would advertise the movies. It's a win - win.

I know that the xmas event has a CW Gingerbread Star labs
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I get the whole licensing thing but really how hard can this be since DC Comics is the same likeness. This would only benefit both companies and since these shows are pretty relevant to mainstream comic fans like myself, it would have a better chance to go well.
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Last I knew Red Tornado was helping a team take down Doomsday...in Smallville no less...so he is in the game...
  14. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

I hope to see some ACTUAL Arrow and The Flash tv shows adaptation in game. They even made a costume variation from some new and barely popular tv show, but none from the big and popular tv shows like Arrow and The Flash. That's just weird.