More Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I agree that this isn't necessarily a plus, but for different reasons than given. If you mix DPS/Controller gear, you lower your Vit. A LOT. That would lower the passive tick. And without things like double-ticking, your DPS better be on point with whatever DPS have that help them regen power. (Or, lots of soders and supply drops.)

I'm more unhappy with the way it totally gets rid of skill. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of controllers being able to control more. But what will set apart a great troll from a mediocre one? Right now, that difference is in double ticking with power over time and knowing when to utilize hard stuns v. soft stuns. Are hard stuns staying? As in...not pullable by a tank? Because the 1.1 stats notes seem to insinuate a tank pull will always win.

I guess I still feel like this is handing things over to easy mode. :(
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Again, these changes are to allow the devs to make more complex future content. You are basing it on what they've built in the last 3 years, which is damage-centric. All you need is power power and more power. Having that heal debuf maybe wasted on 75% of the bosses right now, but they are starting to add more adds and bosses that heal. Mender adds and phoenix come to mind. (Ran OlyE and a mender popped out and healed Athena a ton in the first room. She healed quick where a troll with a healing debuf would have helped.) Also, they've said many times on their feelings about debuffs. They will look at it closely, but nothing has changed at the moment.
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Js, it'd be physically impossible even with mods to maintain 3 debuffs by yourself with the current power cost system. And we still have most if not all of the feedback shooting for 2 controller runs instead of solo trolls as a standard which means you won't need 3 debuffs either.
  4. Ringz Dedicated Player

Well we'll just have to wait and see if they can hold up on their end and bring content like that. Once a troll knows a instance, they change thier l/o based on that and from my past experience I have seen no boss that itself required all 3 debuffs. That takes away ur other important utilities that you need, and with pot being removed all that is, is just an empty slot that will have no uses because the other 5 are all you needed. Especially if they're talking about bringing back 2 trollers. If anything it should go back to where 1 troller focuses on power and the other focuses on debuffs, cc. 2 armories for a troll to work on.

Man, these past content+ wm and ams have definitely killed off the uniqueness of teh troll role.
  5. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Don't the mod require a certain number of elite pieces to get that ability.

Lol, I don't know how many Troll's actually have enough pieces to even see that ability, but if a lot then having it passive could free a base mod.

If not many, then most trolls are that good that they don't need it while the ones who are at least getting lucky drops are desperate to even need it.
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And you can lunge phoenix btw, don't even need a healing debuff for it. Haven't tried but I'm curious as to if you permastun or ghost the mendor using horrific visage will it stop the healing mechanic.
  7. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Exactly, but some prefer to stuck in the past and recast the same power over and over. Healers at least have variety of abilities to heal while here is always the same regardless of the powerset. Thats dumb.
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Why are you thinking solo troll? If content is built with complexity in mind having two trolls would be beneficial. as for alerts, building with power stat increases your own power return. I don't see how it is any different. You don't have to hit that heal debuff like a dps does until it is no longer in affect.
  9. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Because if you're running two trolls, it makes no sense for both of them to have 3 debuffs on their loadout lol
    • Like x 2
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

Of course, but you know thats just gonna resolve into the "you work for the better things, not complain because someone have something nice and shiny" ordeal. Which i think is fair. You want something that can relieve your duty less as a troller, heres an elite mod with that ability.

But with the way elite gear been changed into, i dont even want to get my head thinking into that. Too much going here now as it is, so i'll just bookmark that for another time.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I agree that we will have to wait and see their changes, but Avair specifically said that it was very limiting with the current design as it is right now. IE, burn. Mechanics could either be ignored or not necessary. In a way, the content will be slowed down, but it does allow for a complexity to open up. I'm excited for that thought and I really do have hope for it. Of course, we are all going to be cautiously optimistic because of how many promises changed in the past. (I was at SOE Live and asked about the promise power changes, it was WM. I was so disheartened.)

In regards to splitting up roles in groups, that's a very good point. It was like that in T3 days. (Of course, that didn't last long.) Where you could spec either more for one play style than the other. With the way they are changing how stats work, specifically, power stat, I can see a controller speccing to vit mostly and a secondary controller speccing to dom and power. To help with his own debufs.
  12. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Can you imagine the majority community having these conversations about double ticking and the like?

I remember the old days when you had to get your timing exactly right for that double tick. Personally, I'm glad to not have The Count from Sesame Street in my head going " One ha ha; Two ha ha; etc". You want to talk about sucking the fun out of something.

I'm here to enjoy the experience; and that's difficult to do when you have a group always plotting and scheming for any way to shave five more seconds off their completion time; and boy do they get angry if you cost them one second. That's the ultimate hypocrisy - people here say they want content to last longer but the reality in-game is that they want to finish it as fast as possible.
    • Like x 6
  13. RogerBlack Committed Player

Just wanted to post this here in the hopes that one of the Devs will read it & consider making this change.

Sorry if it is off-topic, but since the general thrust of this thread is about 'revamping stats and powers'... I figured this was appropriate place to post it.

A Smallish 'Change Request' for Gadgets....

- Every 'Controller' Powerset in the game has at least (1) 'group shield' power that can be added to their loadout.
    - But Gadgets is the ONLY Troll power that has NO GROUP SHIELD.
    - Currently, Gadget Trolls can only provide 1 shield for themselves (from the iconic power tree)... and nobody else.

- Devs, please give us Gadget Trolls JUST ONE Group Shield.... Like all the rest of the Trolls in the game.

- I have a feeling there are a few (underused) Gadget Powers that could possibly be substituted for a 'group shield'.
    - For Example: Maybe substitute either Asphyxiation Gas, Anesthetic, or Neural Neutralizer... for a ‘group shield’ power.

- Or better yet… keep Anesthetic... but turn it into a ‘group shield’ power that protects up to 8 players. :)

Problem solved.

Hope this helps.... I don't mean to derail this thread in any way.

I'm sure all the Gadget Trolls in the game would be very grateful if this ever happens.
  14. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Please dont remove the group buffs, the might buffs and the crit buffs.
    Please make the healer role (or do as many want and move it to troll role) more group buff friendly, making it so that the "buff role" will come back in play, and actually be relevant.
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

But you have to remember, if you do that then you are asking for every power set to be the same with no type of variations. With gadget not having a shield, what do they have that makes up for that, that the others doesn't? Invis and the benifits that comes with that(mental does too). Holo taunt, pet turrent, distract. Your obsession with gadgets not having a shield, you didn't speak on the 35% sc bot that gives a hefty load of power back which equates to a 8 man group shield that gives power(besides the protection) when use, especially for it being a sc. You fail to mention that and the utilities gadget haves compared to others that makes up for its lack of shielding

You said it yourself, its a request. But you can't have the best of both worlds just because its your favorite powerset but its missing what the others have. If you want to destroy dcuo, then u suggest for all powers to all perform the same functionality.
    • Like x 3
  16. Midnyt2 New Player

If you really want to make the controller role active without the need to manage pot/power, simple answer would be to remove the multi taunt the tank has. Cc has little need since the tank can aggro everything around him from range. If tanks only had a single target taunt, then Controllers stuns and lockdowns would be a needed skill.

In other mmorpg's, the tank is there to take the aggro from the most dangerous enemies and not All enemies. Tank focuses on boss while controllers lockdown adds.
    • Like x 1
  17. RogerBlack Committed Player

Perhaps you missed the part where I said..."I think some (underused) gadget powers can possibly be substituted for a group shield".

Pet turrets, distract, invisibility, holograms and a supercharge robot that gives power.... do not provide 'shields' for 8 people.

None of those powers are equivalent.

The supercharge robot is not the equivalent of a 'group shield'.

The supercharge robot will not provide a few seconds of 'protection' for your teammates to revive each other, if they get KO'd.

A 'group shield'... is a 'group shield'... that provides 'shields' for 8 people.
    (and some types of 'group shields' also provide power regen. Depending on the powerset.)

Every other Troll powerset HAS the ability to provide 'shields' for 8 people..... except Gadgets.

Nobody is suggesting anything that will destroy DCUO.

Don't be so over-dramatic. (It's not that deep.)

In fact, over the years…
    • Napalm Grenade replaced Bomb.
    • Energy Shield replaced Clown Box.
    • Vortex Cannon replaced Gag Glove.
    • They added Holographic Decoy and Photon Blast.
    • The Sentry Turret and Warden Turret were both merged into 1 single Suppressor Turret.
    But NONEof these changes ‘destroyed the game’.

So I highly doubt that adding a single ‘group shield’ to the Gadgets tree would ruin the game either.... nor ruin the 'overall uniqueness' of the powerset, as a whole.

Just saying.
  18. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

And this is exactly the problem with Controllers. No content even requires a single debuff because even when there's a scripted mechanic (Jared in DC for example) then people could so far ignore it and still finish with brute force.

Outside of scripted mechanics, debuffs are a complete joke which is why you literally never see someone say "oh let's get a second troll for more debuffs". They're single target, low duration, negligible impact, can't be stacked and just get used because people tell themselves that they matter.

Pulls aren't needed for Controllers as is any CC currently since Tanks and Nature Healers can provide more CC than any content requires.

That leaves Controllers with three fixed loadout slots that are the same no matter what your powerset is, and three slots that are free to use for self shield/detaunt, just-in-case-CC and make-believe debuffs.

That said, future content needs to be for once designed around requiring CC/debuffs of more than one Controller, without the option to outsource to other roles or bypass the mechanics with brute force. Also it looks like with the revamp the community will need to accept Controllers as what they were designed for in the first place, secondary damage dealers. That is, unless we can just drop one or both Controllers to just take more DPS instead.
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

atm not but u could make debuff stack while the debuff ability has atleast same cooldown as the debuff duration , then it would even make sense to run with 2 trolls but limit stacking else ppl will stack trolls lol
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

So break one role to "fix" another? No thanks.
  21. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Because of the stats revamp, I had returned the game not long ago, so I'm watching this revamp closely.
    When I first started (years back) I was under the impression that the Controller role meant "control". I was under the impression that role would literally control the adds, move them, stun them, root, etc: no thought what so ever about power regeneration. That being said, when I understood the role of controller, I was shocked they had 3 jobs to do. It initially turned me away from controlling after spending 1.5yrs controlling: I personally (before AM's) got tired of people (spam Dps powers) crying about power. It was certainly not easy to keep my own power bar up. I like the idea of passive PoT, considering they increase self passive power regeneration for all roles as well. Making the controllers fundamental jobs being CC and debuff.

Healing:
    The elongated healing cool downs, seem way out of line with what a healer is expected to do: which is being very reactive to health drops and making very quick restorative usage of their loadout. To slow down a healers primary ability, is reverse progress. I've got 2 healers, one which is electricity: I do exceptionally well at electric healing, but to see the destruction of its ability by increasing cool down, is very sad to say the least.

Tanks: tanking is very enjoyable to me, on live, and considering the current changes with ice tanking, I can't help but imagine how nerfed Rage is going to be as a viable tank. Granted it has not hit test, but to look at the ice changes current, one can only suspect that Rage will be reduced to the consideration of the current live electric Dps, even in tank role.

I am very appreciative that the Devs have taken some consideration from players, in the 1.1, and hope they continue to do so. I think they are well aware that this revamp is literally going to remake, or break completely, the population of DC, as well as enjoyable gameplay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.