More Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not related but I have a question regarding power costs, does that still scale with cr on test server?
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I've removed a few posts where we were getting off track and a little bit hostile. It's okay to disagree! But usually best to state your opinion and then move on. Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  3. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Seems just a tiny bit shortsighted to go on about how the new devs are "yes men" when they just went back and changed the initial changes that were placed on test.

I and many others I imagine would like the controller to be more than just squeezing every last ounce of Power out to the group. I don't think the current passive regen is the solution nor I do personally believe the double tick is the type of skill cap we should be aspiring to. Take the communication and timing skills required to double tick and apply that immobilizing enemies.

Adjust the mechanics of the role and instances so that a controller's primary job is controlling NPCs or change the name to Power battery if that's all we want it to be
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Glad to see the removal of P.O.T on Test, but the content is going to need some serious adjustments to push the need for 2 Trolls or to have the one Troller focus on doing there job.

Right now there is not enough going on to warrant extra debuffs or stuns, it is super, sleepy, easy to hit 2 moves and collect your loot as a controller and have the whole party discuss how they come across others who couldn't keep up with damage, because nobody cares for what Controllers do when giving power or debuffing.

Really people don't, well maybe a few do, but not really.

Hopefully all content can be addressed to help push for the second Troll, like giving some NPC's stronger Buffs like healing, defense or damage and not on a small scale plus needing to push pull npc's to help the Tank or to free another player from being K.O'd.

The removal will be very useful for the loadout for Controllers and fair as well as we can then run from the bar the 3 debuffs, plus dump, shield(s)/detaunt, SC or 1 other power as well.

Again I like the theory but I am not sure if the community can handle this type of challenge.
    • Like x 1
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

A few things.

1. Can you please have an on screen tell when players level up that they learned a new power. Obviously veterans would know, but for new players it would help them greatly.

2. In the traits menu. At the top can you add the total number of skill points available( ex. Skillpoints: 12/75) This would help greatly.

Overall I am enjoying 1.1 much more than 1.0
    • Like x 1
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I like the update. No complaints.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

I strongly feel that if all of these changes go on Live, Hard Light Controllers will be highly requested.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Possibly. Ill be sure to quantum tunnel over to pick you up when you get caught in minigun. Lol. Im kidding
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i have no complaints. very good all together on my side ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Healers are made for healing, Controllers for uhmm.. controlling? Controllers have been nothing but power 'healers', walking batteries for years, using almost the same loadout no matter which powertype you've had, the worst, most boring and misunderstood support role.
    This update adresses lost of issues players had about this dullest role including me since I remember (2012).
    Beside PoT power there's also 'required' instant recharge power and usually supercharge. 3 loadout slots, while instant power dump makes sense, PoT is a wasted spot. Power healing isn't 'situational' like Health healing, you keep PoT up all the time so recasting the same power over and over is pointless, single instant recharge is more than enough, time to free that useless slot and open doors for new loadouts.
    • Like x 3
  11. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

12. Ringz Dedicated Player

Sounds like your just twisting the concept of the role to favor the changes that being made. Although this seems like its gonna go live lets not forget some key concepts here.

First controllers were made batteries because the content provided no need for controlling. The only raid I can remember that required it was A&B. I bet my last dollar if the devs provided content that required trollers to actually stun, cc etc. Non of this battery stuff would be talked about.

Power healing isn't situational huh?. What happens if the healer runs out of power? tank, or dps? Spamming instant pot just gonna drain ur power so saying pot as an ability is useless huh..... Same as us healers gotta keep the group alive, one of troll jobs is to give out power. Ofc you gotta recast it over and over, same as any other role. Im very curious to know what is one slot gonna do for you as a troll, if the devs keep releasing the same type of content they're releasing now.

I didnt mind for others to be up and happy about this change, even if i dont think its needed. But post like these. You.......you're something interesting.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheDark Devoted Player

Actually, there is no complexity to power healing when there have been Advanced Mechanics for the past 2 years that have power regen mechanics applied to them that are essentially your second Battery Controller, or your "back up troll" after a primary Controller has been picked up. Feedback on dismissing the issue of the Double Tick is coming from players with the mindset of how power healing is post 2014 power regen AMs and players who run content that are not at level.

Power healing in challenging content with mechanics is situational. In content where players are at level and the fights have actual challenging mechanics to them and environmental threats (not something like SM where it's straight forward for a majority of the boss round fights even at higher levels), really good controllers will always pop power charges and other tools to recover power after a deadly scripted attack or deadly non scripted attack or mechanic. What also is used was the Double Tick trick.

On live and due to power regen from Advanced Mechanics, battery healing is very simple. Even to the point where Double Ticking (where a player is actually engaged in casting PoT) is still helpful but not needed at a high rate. However, enter a group with power spamming for no reason other than to panic healer and tank type of players and players start to look for more avenues on delivering power in quick burst amounts. That's where the nature of the back to back PoT ticks complimented with the Instant power heal prove to be superior than anything that delivers power over small ticks. If players go back to the days of small tick PoT (because this new system of PoT isn't new it was actually in the game before except for auto PoT), they'll remember how burst amounts of PoT tick were always ideal when you ran more challenging content.

If we rewind the clock back before power regen was added to the Advanced Mechanics, consistently Double Ticking (players being responsible for casting PoT) did actually create skill gap. Double Ticking alone didn't do it but it was a combination of multiple power healing tools. The DT was just guaranteed every 20 seconds.

For example, pick up a group a full Gadgets DPS, run the higher rounds of the current SM 10+ and do not allow them to use Battle Display. Their AM will produce AM damage but their power consumption will be so high, 2 Controllers will be needed. Even if one is present have that one Double Tick, along with using other tools and then isolate to just Double Ticks, and then players will visually see how practical the delivery of power is using that trick. It will not keep players full at all, but it shows how burst ticks of power is favorable. It will be very close to what was done during the FOS2, Paradox, Nexus days of power spamming dps and 2 Controller Double Ticking and cycling Power tools that shows a real skill gap versus Controllers of less experience.

If you use 2 Controllers in that scenario, power healing will be improved not just because of 2 instant power heal users, but because of the nature of power delivery with 2 back to back POT ticks plus those 2 Instant power heals. Players cannot just go in with the perspective of how the Double Tick trick isn't a skill when we have currently had 2 years of major power healing assistance from Advanced Mechanic regen.

It's not just power spamming and recovering that power, it is considered a skill and a fun aspect because you have to pay attention to everything. You need to look at players for positioning, revive, call out scripted attacks, call out deadly non scripted skull icon tells and attacks, avoid mechanics... all this adds to the awareness part of the trick when players are in complex instances. It is easy for some to say it's easy and not complex when we're running content at higher CRs and with no difficult mechanics to the boss fights. 1 Controller would often struggled at level for DWF elite with power stomp removal mechanics and that was the only recent scenario where consistently Double Ticking did play an important role. Otherwise a Controller player struggled and just got by the content due to overgeared or glitching DPS.

My request is that they atleast keep that option for Controller to cast their PoT powers themselves to keep us engaged and if players disagree because it proves to difficult, then a mod should be made available at a lower level of access to everyone where they can swap in any power and still have PoT active. It's very much like the Power Strategist mod on LIVe.

As it stands, if you really think about, PoT does everything already. Players want to CC or damage, that's what PoT inflicts on Live. Throw a 5 second cool down in controller role and players will not ruin the current 5 interval PoT cycle and they'll still be able to use it. No one is really going to spam the same move anyway considering we have 5 other slots.

As for CC doors being opened, they're not completely. You still have inconsistencies with how long and what types of CC is dealt by some powers. Once players actually test thoroughly, they'll see that you are actually more of a physical Crowd Controller on LIVE than on test given that we have more CC powers on live, CC powers that hit more targets and far less cool downs. Infact, what's on test will not give you more freedom as a Controller to control NPCs considering the NPCs are being controlled for far less time. This is the message that players are not sending out. They are being completely mislead.
    • Like x 2
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

From what I've seen it doesn't
  15. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Unlike health, Power doesn't drop from 90% to 10% in few secs as much as Health, trollers doesn't have to pay as much attenntion to power bars as healers to health bars. Health healing and power healing are two different things.
    The concept of Content may change after this hits live.
    What is one slot gonna do for me as a troll?
    A lot, having 3 types of debufs / Shield+breakout / Shield+detaunt / 2 different SCc / Pull / Distract + Holo Deecoy / extra type of group Stun / and more and more... but for mostly - more FREEDOM and flexibility :cool:
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

17. BumblingB I got better.

Paradox Wave and any content that has a boss or add that heals itself, otherwise defense and attack debufs usually take two of the last 3 slots in a current controller loadout.
    • Like x 1
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Attack debuffs weren't needed unless there was a dps buff on the boss. If you wanted to waste power for a 8% damage nerf in normal content where it doesn't matter then sure. Bosses either had a damage or healing buff but never both as far as my memories serve. You would only run 2 debuffs on your loadout as a controller. If you can find a video of a solo troll of paradox wave that's keeping 3 debuffs up at 1 time then by all means send a link.
  19. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Aside from this philosophical debate on what Controllers do, I personally do not see this passive PoT ticking for Controller (passive power regen for DPS gets my vote though) as a plus.

Reason being have PoT automated will eventually have raid groups go for only 1 Controller, with a mix of DPS and Controller gear for a Battle Troll spec.

And that goes against having 2 Controller raid group setups be more of the norm again.
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

1) Oh yea? Be ready for trolling for dps, healers and tanks once wm and am bonuses removed hits live

2) Lol, im sure kuro already dwelve deep in that part. Im sure people are thrilled to finally have the freedom to add in a healing debuff on a boss that have no type of healing mechanics, and the tank noticing is just gonna go "wtf?".

I still do not see a point on the devs side why to take a pot ability out. Isn't there an elite mod that allows you to have pot on any ability used? Why aren't we recognizing that as the freedom for trolls to be earned? Instead now we just dumbing things down even more because "there are folks out there who still don't know how to give pot?". A game as a whole should not change just because the player base are becoming more "half-witted".
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.