More Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDark Devoted Player

I can actually say the same thing about players who haven't "played with an open mind" on both live and test. Fact is currently on Live, the PoT ability, all of them, DO in fact deal damage. Not just that, they also inflict a control effect (infact... some can control 8 targets right off the bat) and inflict power interactions on multiple targets. If the controller was experienced and skilled, they could apply the PoT power (as it is on Live) for damage, or the other 2 reasons stated which actually makes PoT more useful than what they did on test server by making it just a non offensive do nothing power in the first round of testing, when they either STARTED the PoT cycle or when they kept PoT casting SYNCED with the blue PoT numbers to not delay PoT ticks.

This has been done in the past and is currently still able to be done on Live. You could do it on test server if they allowed players to be creative and kept the old system. So given those facts, how exactly does that not allow you do get more utility off your PoT power as it is on live minus the frequency of using it every 5 seconds if it was allowed to function as it does on live server? You even have the option to use another offensive ability instead of PoT with the 8 piece elite affinity Mod. The acquisition of such a mod could've been made more accessible to lesser skilled players, or players who wanted a slightly higher frequency of using PoT, instead of what they did. Having options is even better than being forced to play in one lane.

Players who think removing the PoT power as a whole are the ones who arent actually aware on the many tools PoT can do if it was left alone. That's because they aren't creative and do not use out side of the box thinking in the first place. This new approach doesn't do anything but simplify power healing for a massive casual, but low skill level, player base.
    • Like x 7
  2. DragonHeart75 New Player

New reset in Test server and i got to login and my toons are gone completely and its putting me into the creation
    setup all over again . . . . . ? ? ?
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Auto pot sounds good. But someone mentioned auto healing? That would be too much.
    • Like x 1
  4. messibog1988 New Player

please dont remove the need to keep pot active. ive been trolling for almost 4 years now and that is the single dumbest thing ive ever heard. I havent gotten a chance to go to test server yet, but I dont even need to try it to tell you how bad of an idea it is. I know you want to make this game newbie friendly, I get it. but come on... dont make it ****** proof! trolling is easy enough as it is since WM and AM, dont dumb it down even more. also, trolls dont need to do more dmg and please ignore anyone who will suggest otherwise.
    • Like x 1
  5. Farohar New Player

For me personally i don't like it. It is not only a power over time option you can also control the adds with it on the live server. The ability to keep pot up was 1 of the things which I liked to do.There was some attentiveness needed in keeping pot up after every 20 sec. Double ticking.
    In my opinion troll role doesn't need any changes to its pot system. The debuffs need to be buffed or maybe stacked by 2 trolls. also trolls should be able to give buffs to other dps in some way like hive mind power. the diversity in troll role will be 1) power troll 2) stun troll 3) buff/debuff troll in this way a variety for troll loadouts could be achieved.and also the use of 2 trolls in raids. Buff other aspects of troll role dont dumbdown power system. Power system isn't broken don't tamper with it PLEASE
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Please give us power respec tokens there is no way i will be testing ice or mental simpily because i dont want to spend hours doing something i hate leveling up for the eighth time. I want to test the other powers but by doing this you have made it more difficult to test, which we are doing for free which i might add - make our jobs as testers easier not harder.
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I might have to disagree, power healing being set to auto is a good step in the games future, there is no fun to spaming pot/power healing especially when you have 2 other duties to do debuffing and ccing, I remember pre gu36 players were complaining about being nothing just batteries, but this solves that matter imo.
    • Like x 4
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Great post, you totally pays attention to what helps the game.
  9. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Any role can get power back simply by using your weapons, but to have that feature act on one role or become a power itself (defibrillator) is a bit too much.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

There is no complexity to power healing. It is literally 3 powers. Those that see it as the only means for a controller don't understand the advantages of crowd control. Content is the reason why we are batteries. Having a change like this puts the game back in line of the name controllers.

"But my double tick yo~!" If that is the only thing listed for complexity, then it is obvious there is more wrong with the role itself and the content that we play.
    • Like x 8
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Just like how two tanks are required when they make content do so the same can be done for controllers. Take DLC9 for example. The 4 man's had objectives that a tank could pull, but the moment any member hit a cog they would target that member. A stun made them stop. Tank groups them up, troll stuns them, then objectives. The sad thing of DLC9 was we were already out geared from the content at launch, which burn always wins.
  12. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Very well said!

Most people chiming in here applauding the change are not really the experienced controller lot and just want the whole game dumbed down even more.

They are clueless that even now people can hybrid their role as controller and do decent damage if they chose to but no being clueless and ignorant is what they do best in the game and on the forums.

If this is the direction of the controller role, I'd better stop being one.
    • Like x 3
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

The big issue is that at least 40% of the players don't even know what CC, PoT, debuff is.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

It's not just the players who are Yessing every change and do not actually understand what is happening. It's the new batch of Developers themselves. There is a definite disconnect between them and the Controllers who have been playing the role and understand it's current function.

The actual Power Over Time mechanic and the powers that initiate Power Over Time on live do soo much more on LIVE than the first revamp of the PoT cycle in test phase one. They thought that just allowing it to activate PoT alone would be favorable. How can they not notice the utility on PoT on Live server? It does 8 man controlling, applies a power interaction, gives us control over PoT, lets us gain skill with casting and timing PoT, & lets our PoT power do damage. For some powers it pulls targets and even there, if the controller has mastered PoT syncing, pulling targets is no issue. If they are responding to feedback on players who struggle with PoT syncing (not many know about it anyway) all they have to do is add a 5 second cool down on the PoT powers in Controller role. That allows for all of the mentioned perks to be allowed but now makes it easier for folks to not interrupt the PoT cycle on Live.

Despite the disagreements I had in with Mr. Tunso, the controlling and power healing under his direction was something I never had to worry much about. Spord has experience under his wing. I think he should have more input.

I'm hoping vocal opposition will get them to keep what is on LIVE with only very minor modifications. If what's on test ever went LIVE, it would completely reduce my play time. I'm hoping temporarily but I can see it wearing me down to not log in at all especially if the control effects are still inconsistent.
    • Like x 3
  15. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Completely disagree. Double ticking for one does not require skill and in tired of trolls acting like it does. Throwing pot is not hard. And yes pot abilities could stun and do damage of course. I run my pot that inflicts a PI so my singularity benefits from it when i debuff i get a little extra damage. So what. It is so miniscule. Stop over exaggerating that. Ive been trolling for a long time before AM WM. The passive pot does allow you to carry another debuff or a pull or another stun. As quantum im always not having a heal debuff in because i have no room for it. Ive trolled everything in this game including into the late rounds of SM. Stop acting like trolling is so difficult. Its not. Its supposed to be fun. This might actually make it more controllery and less battery and that sounds more fun. Once again double ticking does not require skill. So stop.

The skill part of trolling is knowing what when to debuff, when to shield, when to stun, having awareness, pickups and keeping your own power up so you can power dump. Throwing pot is the least difficult out of any of that
    • Like x 3
  16. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

These changes. Nailed it!

Power management is inherently boring busywork, for all roles, even controller. Anything that makes it less dull is most welcome.
    The only excitement in control role are those moments when the group is almost empty and you come to the rescue with your supercharge and instant power.
    We'll still get to have those moments.

As a bonus, we won't have to hear "TROLL, POT!" being shouted at newer players, and such players will no longer be a hindrance to success in content.

Good call.
    • Like x 5
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

Regarding changes to the troller role (yes, I have several trollers myself), the argument keeps centering on priority of function. If we want to get this settled, we need to come to an agreement on this point.

What should be a controller's FIRST & MAIN function: power, cc or debuffs?
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

And as a side note, since you seem to be so clingy to the idea of crowd control and battle troll, let me shed a bit of enlightenment. You can battle troll and spam crowd control effects while maintaining SM level amounts of power out with what's currently on live. More than likely you aren't even modded correctly for the goal you have in mind.
    • Like x 1
  19. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

For me, there is none besides pot and a defense debuff as a minimum. Anything after that depends on your playstyle.
    Example:

Core:
    -pot
    -defense debuff
    - occasional power dump for emergency

Energy Battery (power function):
    - higher frequency of power dumps to the point of straight spam in some cases

Battle Troll (damage function):
    - higher damage output

CC/Debuff (control function):
    - higher amount of frequency of stuns/debuffs etc.

Energy Battery:
    - vit & pow
    - prec & pow
    - health or dom & pow
    *modded to spam power dumps with good strength*

Battle Troll:
    - prec/might & pow or prec/might & vit depending on whether the rotation is ability or weapon based for damage
    - health or dom version of ^
    *modded to do damage while maintaining power pool through power stat or weapon regen*

CC/Debuff (control funtion):
    - dom/pow
    -might or prec/pow
    *modded to spam abilities while having a large amount of dominance. large power pool also allows these abilities to be clipped with a power dump if desired or a power dump to be done if no cc or debuff is needed*

Depending on how you want to play controller, you mod accordingly to accomplish your goal. The problem I'm seeing is that most people don't know how to be a CC/Debuff troll while still fulfilling the occasional power dump as the core expectation and thus want it free/a passive in order to not have to worry about it. I prefer letting controllers decide which way they want to play because not everyone runs in the same groups with the same goal.

Energy Battery - meets the needs of group that have dps or healers that spam whether unintentional or intentional like say SM high rounds. gives freedom to dps to use faster/clip heavy rotations that are more fun

Battle Troll - meets the needs of a group that doesn't need extra power nor requires crowd control, but could benefit from extra burn. also helpful for a person who only has troll gear for solo's and duo's

CC/Debuff Troll - meets the needs of a group that needs adds disabled or multiple debuffs consistently for various reasons.

All of those ^ groups exist on live and one type of control is not going to be as beneficial as another type when it comes to meeting a certain group's beneficial qualities. Most groups on live are toward energy battery because content hasn't needed cc/debuff trolls that often, but assuming content does go in that direction, you could easily create a controller system that requires 2 trolls where you have an energy battery and then a secondary battle or cc/debuff troll as the new standard for compositions.
    • Like x 2
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I like the changes because it gives trollers a sense of freedom we haven't had in this game for along time.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.