More Stats Revamp 1.1

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

All stats are being changed throughout the game. So than means that end game will be adjusted too.
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Could you be more exact? Until this Friday, or up to Sat./Sun?
  3. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

So before your power back was based off your overall power stat...is this still true regarding dps getting power back, I'm still a little confused on that part. Secondly the power over time for a troll will still be based off vitalization right and will it tick every 5 seconds like on live now?
  4. Moja Developer

Your innate power back (passive regen) is based off your overall Power stat.
    Controllers' power heal over time aura is based off their Vitalization. I believe it ticks every 2 seconds.
    • Like x 4
  5. TheDark Devoted Player

Thanks. But it's not good.

Power healing is stupid easy. It requires no skill, no awareness, no indepth knowledge of anything other than being in controller role now.
    • Like x 3
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

so the net stays on you for 2 minutes but is only effective for a safety heal for only 30 seconds of it's duration?

SO what's the point of this ability now? WHy have the animation stay for two minutes if it only works for 30 seconds?

That net staying on for 2 minutes was to interact with bio-surge...if it no longer interacts with it why is it still active beyond the 30 second mark?

no method to this madness at all.
  7. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Character:Stats Matters
    CR:48
    SP:35

Looks like if this is the direction the game clearly seems to be going in rather than giving the player what we actually asked for don't be upset when you decide to launch these updates the almost 100% of the community quits we didn't ask to restructure the healing there was never nothing wrong with it we didn't ask to rebuild the power we asked to simply fix the damage output and give us players what we desire deserve and paid for. when we asked to make stats matters we didn't ask to eat up all the skill points and make us have to start a new grind for more we asked to make them count and that isn't whats going on here.

We asked to fix the issues in the game not being able to one shot the guards outside the safe houses bring back a fair and fun pvp and balance the pve using the existing setup the game was built with I can say for one I kind of liked what I seen over the course of last weekend but after really looking at it and testing it out I can say 100% if this is whats going to be possibly put on live I like many have officially quit this game as soon as it launches I will play the first day just to get a big laugh before departing.

We don't want Auto healing we don't want auto POT we want what makes the game great the ability to be good or bad from our own mistakes not having the feeling that the game is holding our hands cause some player out there hasn't learned how to heal troll or tank the way it's be done for the last going on 6 years now.
  8. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

if you need max cr and sp you don't need to be testing they have it set the way it needs to be to look at the numbers through progression . reason the only time max cr and sp needs to be on the server is at the end of the testing on any content even when a new dlc arrives all players shouldn't have max anything they should have to work for it if you want it that bad you will grind it out.
  9. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Good news with this 1.1 build, my fears are diminishing.
    Good job listening to and adressing feedback, you devs are definetly heading in a much better direction.
    And cudos for this build being made so fast.
    The first build i was testing to see how bad it was, this build i will test to see how good it is, you devs are turning my frown upside down in regards to this revamp, now if you only could fix the rarity of items in amazonian time capsules (like the super extremly rare "Flaming Phoenix Feather" as well, and i wouldnt have anything to complain about. Looking forward to test this build
  10. Midnyt2 New Player

Old time player here, been quietly watching everything going on here. 5 year vet, quit playing about a year ago. A full time controller. (couldn't remember my account password so I made new account just for this)

Where to begin, I feel the controller role will lose its "challenge" if this passive power comes into effect.

This is an old is I've had before and now that the devs are watching, maybe it will get some attention.

Controller role,
    All abilities (powers) have pot, each power has a different strength of the power tick. And possibly different lengths of duration.

The idea is that a controller would have to continuously throw out abilitied to keep the group power tick going.

Some powers will have high power ticks(basically non cc abilities/non shield) and the cc abilities/shield would have lower ticks.
    The player would have to make drastic decisions whether to keep high power ticks up or cc an enemy/shield an ally and deal with a reduced power tick.

For example a high power tick could be 300 for 2 second, a low tick 200 for 3 seconds.

Most of the powers would have to be converted to non cc abilities, with just a handful of abilities that cc.

The controller would be throwing out abilities(any but most likely non cc abilities) every 2 seconds to keep the "pot" up at its highest rate. If cc is needed due to a rogue add or something attacking the healer, the controller would need to choose whether the rogue add is worth dealing with over the needs of the group. Cc'ing the add would lower the powers tick for everyone for the following seconds.

Power(pun) would be back in the hands of the controller again. Controller would have to make vital decisions.
    Cc or power.

That's it a guess, hope I explained it well enough.
    Thanks
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I'm really confused by the lamentation of addition of passive PoT. It frees up a slot on your hot bar. It allows you to do more for what the role is called. It also would allow the devs to design content for controlling in mind. As it is, all content is being designed on burn and burn alone which all but needs power. With the idea of a battery, controllers are already way less than what players are screaming about now. This is a step UP, not down.

And forgive me, there is no skill with keeping power up. THERE IS LITERALLY 3 POWERS TO USE! Power healing is NOT the same as actual healing. Hit PoT > Insta a few times > hit SC when needed > rinse and repeat. Literally, all there is to it. Actual healing requires you to know if you need to burst or hot or channel. There are so much more involved. Power healing was added to make controllers needed in the original trinity to make a quartet.

This is a prediction, those of you complaining about this and how easy content is, if they don't change anything for controllers, we will just have more of the same kind of content. You want restrictions, that will yield it.
    • Like x 5
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You should start to see the whole picture while putting suggestions that don´t take the game as a whole. You are one of those who doesn´t care for PVP at all; how do you think that this easy mode power regen is gonna impact the PVP side of the game?

If we are going to start with these easy mode requests and changes, then by all means give the healers a passive aura that heals without pressing one single button, an attack aura to the Damage Dealers, and a uber group mitigation aura to the tanks, so we all can just walk the content and get free loot.
    • Like x 3
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

14. BumblingB I got better.

PvP balance is to be left for a bigger event. You do realize that they already remove power return from AMs in PvP. Disabling power return in PvP with the current option again puts it on the weapons. I think you are the one not thinking of the whole. Content in both PvP and PvE does not require a controller, it requires a battery. Heck, Debuffs in PvP don't even have the weight they used to, since they removed the RPS system. It comes down to it, the game is not designed for a controller, because a controller trivializes content. Especially when the game is strictly burn.

This isn't an easy mode, though. This is putting it back into your hands and allows freedom to do your namesake, to "control". If they go with this change, as well as all the rest (though, healing still looks like the CDs are too long.) It opens up the game for them to make content more involved. They wont be able to fix the problem with content in T4~T8. (T0~T3 would be fine, as the adds were different and the content had complexity.) That would be remaking the game, but new content would be able to be designed with all 4 roles, not just DPS and big bangs. Stuff like DLC9 would be able to be released. You could actually get content like FOS2, not KCT.
    • Like x 4
  15. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

And, exactly, what are you going to use these extra slots for? I sure hope you don't want to Control/DPS at the same time, do you?

Passive pot is a stupid idea, knowing when to POT, double tick and triple tick are skill based, you have to be spot on and perhaps you think it's unnecessary, I guess.

Freeing an ability from the tray with making POT innate with 2 second tick is not how I wish to play controller. Only thing that needs adjusting from the control role are how control/debuff abilities function in the game environment, making them vital and useful in content and not altering the role completely.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel, the controller role on live is fine as it is.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I sense sarcasm.
    The fact that you don't think a controller should.... control, is kind of baffling to me. Let me ask you, how do you feel about current content and the controller role?
    I don't, because I can guarantee, that power return with or without a "double tick" is the same 3 powers. A PoT power, an InstaPower, and a super charge. Very complex. Very very complex. I suppose players will try to find something to do with those. Double ticking was interesting, but it's a counting system.
    Obviously the game was designed about burn, which required more power. In the end, what would happen if they took power completely out and made it all cooldown based gameplay? Would that change the controller role?
    There isn't, but they are trying to actually allow themselves to design content. They admitted with the current design, they were restricted on design. So something has to change otherwise it's more of AF3 and less of WotL1.
    • Like x 3
  17. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Of course, the controller role should control along side giving power over time and instant. The control abilities are stuns and debuffs and I don't see what revolutionary controlling you have in mind besides making them more relevant to the content where content required control abilities to be necessary without which the raid completion goal may not be achieved, that is all that is needed and nothing more. Do tell what supreme control effect you will achieve by this giving you this free slot? I would be very interested in hearing your load out and your play style.

Cooldown based game, really? That's how you think this game should be fixed by reinventing the wheel and making undesirable changes that are unnecessary.

The restrictions on design were implemented by the publishers on their own volition, none of those changes were needed but the developers in their lack of wisdom created such disruptions and now to correct the same, they intend to change the very foundation of the role based system. That is not an intelligent design.
    • Like x 2
  18. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

I love the fact that trolls can just focus on controlling the battle now. You can't compare power healing to health healing. IMHO, trolls were meant to actually make a clear difference in battle. I feel as if they have been relegated to merely being a power battery. They shouldn't just be a walking gas station for your toons; trolls should change the tide of battle with their debuffs, stuns and yes, even their own dps.

And when I say dps, I don't mean to turn it into an actual dps, but I never understood why trolls shouldn't throw in some damage. After all, no one wants to feel like they're a one trick pony.
    • Like x 1
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont know what to think about those controller changes, the way atm the game is on live no1 would still want a second controller with those changes and i am not even sure a second controller would be needed if future content will be designed around heavy debuffing either since 1 controller now can focus mostly on debuff because pot became a passive.

also playing from the tray is still not possible below level 30 ( dont know how this will work at end game with a lot of sp put on power pool) however this is a game about SUPER POWERS , being forced to play with weapons is kind of meh or do u allow to play from tray only if u group up with a controller?

another major dislike is that weapon buffs dont last 12 seconds anylonger , just 6 sec which is to short (the buff animation + a longer weapon combo and ur out of buff...) damage role got nerfed by alot already why would u mess up with the weapon buff even more.
  20. Midnyt2 New Player

If you feel power should be a passive, then why have power at all - for the controller role.

Change "power" to "endurance", let each player manage their own endurance.
    Each ability has "fatigue", energy used to perform the ability.

"endurace" would be used like "power" is now.

Each player (no matter the role) would manage their own endurance. The player could spam powers as fast or as slow as they wish, but risk emptying their "endurance " pool.

It's the basic concept of controller but individually managed by each player. Stats in power "endurance " would enlarge the pool, stats in vit "endurance recovery" would increase the speed at which the power"endurance" is recovered.

The controller role is then just a cc/debuff focused role.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.