MORE POWAH....

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Vesper, May 15, 2018.

1. Vesper Dedicated Player

My quantum troll is 231. He's strong, he's buff, he can handle stuff. This isn't my first time or first YEAR trolling. I have been mostly dps on that toon for the past several months and decided it was time to crack open his Troll side.

I have mods. I have Vitality AND Power Generator mods. I have over 300 skill points. I never let PoT drop, I use soders & supply drops to keep my power flowing if needed. I pump out the hits......or so I thought.

3 times in the past week I've been told I'm a terrible troll. I "don't give enough power". I quit debuffing altogether and did NOTHING but battery.....and then got kicked because "dude, we told you to give more power".

Is something fundamentally different about trolling since Stats Revamp? I've NEVER been in this situation before. If I'm missing something, I wanna know.
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

How often were you dumping instant power and how are you specced?
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

People are responsible for their own power too now days that means they need to have both kinds of mods and they need to have their SP done correctly. I go by the whole as long as healers and tanks are ok dps can suck it they can drink a soda or get more SP.
    • Like x 2
  4. Vesper Dedicated Player

Instant-pew-pew-Instant-repeat. Literally pressing Instant every time it wasn't on cool-down. Just enough points for weapon (handblasters), innates, 1 point for Super Strength. Everything else dumped to Troll Criticals, Vit, & Might-n-Power.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I don't even know if it would make a huge difference, cause your spec looks fine.

I personally go hybrid and fill up Vit, putting the rest in might which is only 50 somethin.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Your spec seems fine, you were probably just running with turd heads.
    • Like x 2
  7. Stark23 Committed Player

I’m not a fan of power post revamp, I’m good at this game and so is my buddy who primarily trolls. We’ve been playing for going on 5 years and yada yada. There is a clear difference in power even for people who know what they’re doing, yes terrible people are terrible still. I burn through more sodas than I ever have in runs with him, they’re pretty much part of my rotation now. I keep one on cool down to help him out haha.
    • Like x 1
  8. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

A fellow troller here
    First off .. who told u that u don't give enough mana or you're not a good troll? is he a good player?? is he a good troll anyway?? is he a dumb healer who burn his power pool like trying to heal&dps at the same time?? they might also stop dying so u can give them power instead of reviving them all the time?? i think u can tell by yourself if u having a hard time trolling or not,, don't take any judgment if it comes in a negative way not an actual helpful advice

here a decent guide for controller role ( covers everything pretty much )

At the end i'd be ashamed as dps if i started to blame the troll for my power pool issues ,, my sodas and my supply drop is my sec personal troll ,,as a dps&healer my power issues is almost 90% times is my fault its not the troll's fault
  9. Yaiba Committed Player

I think you absolutely need more power (not POT). My friends have around 40k+ powers :confused:. I don't know if that matters. Also what's your POT, is it 550+ or under?

If dps blame you, it would be his fault (low power, low sp, bad LO, spam powers for no reason lol). I don't see any healer who blame troll anyway. If I remember correct, the healer who blamed the troll was kicked, he used power non-stop when everyone was 90% HP (not troll's fault).

Before revamp, there was a trick for troll I suppose, it was called double POT or double tick. But after revamp, it's gone :confused:. So your job, as troller, is easier now. Stun adds should be priority (first), power for group (second), and last is debuff.
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Looks nice. Just put the Superpowered Point into Hybrid. You're not constantly using powers so the regen there is meh (imo).
    What also helps is Parasite's Power Harness and the Scrap of the Soul Cloak. The first artifact increases the power pool of the party for each debuff you use, such increasing the self-regeneration of the players. Second artifact makes you basically be able to use your Controller SC everytime it's cooldown has ended.
    Also Use your Supercharge-Generator Debuff :)

I don't think there is something inherently wrong with your spec. It's just some small changes and a load of weird-**** dps you run with :D
    • Like x 2
  11. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

spec looks great its similar to mine except i have 205 points specced into might/power and 130 points specced into vit and i went hybrid instead of superpowered. i keep everyones bar full no problem

you were probably playing with noobs
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i dont understand a lot of used DPS Loads anymore frankly...i see a lot of players burn through blue getting a load through....and then nothing but feeble weapon attacks while they wait for more blue...and they put nothing into weapon SP or Prec...your Load shoudnt be a bunch of high damage high cost attacks and then you stand there doing nothing...it should be something you can repeat blindfolded through 20 min boss fights...and except for dodging or mechanics or pick up...never stop...because you never need to stop...1 or 2 high damage or finishers sure...but the whole damn load??!!...come on!!!
  13. L T Devoted Player

It really sucks to be told that. Then people wonder why nobody plays support roles.

The only piece of advice I can give that I haven't seen here is that when I troll I focus a lot on building supercharge. I try to go into every boss fight with my supercharge full, and I use the supercharge chest mod.

That having been said, it's quite likely them and not you.

Since my hero league has a very good and very active troll, I only get to troll pug runs. I spec hybrid and pretty much always play the same... But some groups I rarely see blue bars get low and others it's a struggle to keep them above 30% for much of the raid.

If it's any consolation, the groups that kicked you probably spent 20 minutes or more looking for a replacement.
    • Like x 1
  14. RLManuel Committed Player

Lol I know what you mean. I don’t control anymore... I don’t like being just a battery for power hungry dps that don’t want to manage their own power. So now I heal and tank, which is fine because,these two roles are all you really need for alerts, hell ive been in raid groups that didn’t want a troll and just ran without one and completed the raid...

It’s sad and boring being just a battery(well to me it is),too bad the dev’s don’t care...
    • Like x 1
  15. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

My "is the troll doing their job" test is simple - with my loadout, I only run out of power during long boss fights in duos (i.e. running without a troll), at which point mid-way I need 1 soda. When I do run with a troll, 90% of the time I have no issues and don't need sodas. So that said, my assumption is on the 10% I'm running out of power, the troll isn't doing their job (my guess is they are "battle" trolling - i.e. not throwing instant power, just running POT). At that point I will politely ask for more power please (I trolled for years pre-revamp, so I have sympathy). Kicking seems a little over the top - I mean, I feel like I never a lost raid because of lack of power, but just had to use a few extra soders. I have a feeling you were just stuck running with a bad group if you were throwing as much as you say.

Side note - IMO - there are too many role players trying to have it both ways - everybody wants to be a battle this-or-that. Raids run so much more efficiently when the roles 100% buy into what they are supposed to be focused on. Refreshing to hear that someone was playing role correctly and specced for it.
    • Like x 1