More Mental Problems?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sy-Lent-Kill-R, Sep 4, 2017.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

pyro parses well on sparing targets because it's dammage is calculated for bursting encasements,
    useless in alerts and raids: it requires dominance, or a troll for encasing and the effect wears off fast.
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it would require a lot of dominance. when the revamp first went live i experimented by speccing extra skill points into dom. I didn't see enough positive result for the amount of skill points i invested. the rare moment i could encase an alert ad the other dps would break it before i could burst it with pyro or it would break out on its own. Ive even had Alex Luthor in the new duo breaking them out before i could blow them up. i think i went up as much as 71 skill points into dom at one point to see and it really didn't do much of anything at all.

I continue to hate invisibility. I dont get why sleep can effect solid open world objects but telekinesis, telekinetic bolt and tk push (and all of mentals other powers...) can't. I cant damage openworld ballot boxes and planes and tanks and surveillance camera...but i can put them to death by sleep...did sleep and pain blast somehow get mixed up with tk bolt and push?

thought bubble would be much more useful if it had a better cool down.

I can string together about a dozen loadouts that should work. all sorts of combos that flow together nicely and work with weapon attacks but they don't.

This is sooooo much worse than anything thats come before. really getting tired of hating the game and being frustrated.
    • Like x 1
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

yes, since only OP pieces have dominance, you would have to put to much points into dominance to make good use for bursting encasements wich isn't even happening because, like you said, the encasements are mostly gone before you can use pyrokinesis anyways... i tryed as you did and came to the same conclusion. pyro is weak without bursting encasements. but it is the only good power to setup terror because others are either single targets or hit only three targets at best. and yes, mass lev is weak because it has a CC effect aswell, wich is not working most of the time. and so many loadouts just don't work because the powers CD don't fit...
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

pyro is weak period encasements or not. play around with it and see how it performs. if something isn't encased you get a few weak dots. if you happen to get an encasement to explode the result may look fun but it still deals low/middling damage.

i continue to hate invisibility passionately. its really ruining the game for me.

in frustration i've gone back to some of my older loadouts and i'm mixing in some weapon attacks but its nothing like it was preAM/WM.
    as an aside we should be ableto select any weapon out of a weapon box whether were specced into itor not on the chance we may want to change weapons and experiment. makes no sense to spec into a weapon before you possess it.

I really wish i had my old loadouts back which also extends to ice and nature but too many powers have been altered and are slower and awkward.

interestingly enough i don't hate the controller role as much as the general pop does.ilike being able to buildany loadout i want now without the limit of 15 powerpoints. in troll role mentals supercharge generator is useful. i hate as a controller my vitalization is a secondary statistic. i hate that no effort was made to make dominance important to the controller role. its nice if i really want to i can opt to spec into dps stats to deal a little more damage its not necessary. so i'm dealing 500 k insted of 250 k. The dps are there to do there job and will effortlessly absorb any damage i;m not doing. battle trolling is weak unless i play selfishly and don't perform my main duty as a battery. maybe the new artifact will make a difference.

what a waste of nine months.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree on what you say.

i would like to have a 200 power to spam with brawling WM shuriken storm... options are either:
    1.) cryokinesis, it doesnt exploit nor directly sets up a PI and is weaker than psychic shock... or:
    2.) terror tendrills wich is not an exploit, but a setup and also hits only three targets or:
    3.) use a 100 power cost spammer. well, actually shock is the only one thats even a real option...
    4.) since it is broken, shock gets activated twice all the time, however: telekinetic push is weaker.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

what they did to telekineticpush is puzzling. even though it wasnt a part of the AM loadout it was working just fine. in the goodole days it used to clip with solar flare so seamlessly. I used to start off a fight with tk bolt, get my damage mod up, throw a few solar flares,just as tk bolt was about to come off cool down id clip a few with tk push i would rinse and repeat til things were close enough to die, i'dhit them with mass terror and then knock everyone out with psychic shock. can't do that anymore. tkpush is useless. whats the point to it now?it workslike hard lights fan move. pushes everything too far away from you. whats the point in in throwing down tk prison if the move that benefits from it pushes ads off of it? in theory it would be fun if you could throw tk pull into themix pushing andpulling adsoff the field but that doesnt work because tk pull usually throws ads over your head behind you and its only really beneficial if youre fighting one sole ad in a solo instance.

this has really effected how i play. i'm avoiding instances. i havent dpsed in a raid since before my six week break.normally by this point id have a near set of elite vendor gear, the op pieces and i'd have an alt working on finishing off the normal vendor set with my healers accumulating marks til they can buy at the discount. point to this is i just finally started swapping out my AoJ elite pieces.Speccing into dom may not have much of an effect but i'm definitely seeing reduced cc results without the dom thosepieces bring.

its just embarrassing that the double cast hasnt been fixed yet. even trips youup while youre trolling.
    • Like x 1
  7. Vagrant Committed Player

Mental’s dazed PI for DPS is so bad, I’ve yet to really take it into a high end raid but then again any Mental I do run across I completely blow out of the water with terrify PI.
    • Like x 1
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

my characters are concept characters. when i rolled them up i matched what power was suited best to each character. i don't compare mental to nature because i want to attack nature. i compare the two because its the two powers i play the most. mytop four characters are mental and nature. I have two quantum toons, one fire and one ice and one backburner electricity alt, all the rest of my alts are either nature or mental (i'm big on telekinesis and shapeshifting...).

Theres no comparison in how smooth nature works compared to mental. I just ran oneof my weaker alts through the Earth 3 dailies. Once again little Tig has half the number of skill points as my main (about 170 versus 244). He has no dps gear, no special mods,no special generator mods, noop gear,no elite gear. i just hit upon the d pad, switch out my loadout to a dps loadout and everything just melts in his path. hes squishier than my main if i'm not careful, he runs out of power faster than my main...but neither of these hinderances come into play because all i have to do is briar>harvest>savage growth and everyones dead. I dont even need to resort to serpent call>roar unless its the robot mini boss from the cyborg mission. I see dots for 1500 and 2000 as opposed to 500 from mental. Savage growths damage starts where powers like tk bolt and mass terror end and savage growth has a cc effect to it as well. Ive critted for 14k with savage growth without any other powers in use. I cant even come close to that number with tk powers even if the PIs are in place. With nature everything hits, objects get dots on them, i never miss.

i was all in favor of changing the system away from the AMs. With the exception of mentals rotation i didnt like any of the other ones. Nature was awful on top of being weak, ice was boring and quantum looked silly to me. i was in favor of a little variety and seeing some balance. the more i play themore frustrating it is to see just how wrong everything has been since the revamp. we have lessoptions, less variety and unless you respec into one of the few powers that made it through okay you have to resort to using iconics and movement powers.

mental was overnerfed and what makes it sting is it isnt even the first time. youd think that after messing up its AM the first time and making the power unplayable for the better part of a year (when they forgot to turn it on) some precautions would have been taken to prevent it from happening again.

really sucks loving the game and hating it at the same time.

i really need to spend a day uploading videos to you tube. i have like 40 hours on mentals troubles.
    • Like x 2
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

and that spaghetti head needs to go.
    • Like x 2
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

also: psichic prison doesnt even setup, nor does it exploit a PI...
    and as a six second instead of twelfe (wich is rather not beneficial),
    one would assume it does twice the dammage of a longer AOE.
    it just doesnt anyways. i dunno. i was testing and giving feedback,
    from the first version of the revamp until the very last days before.
    i know that many problems were known because reported early
    and i guess the last minute changes (pyro n cryo, terror tendrils),
    totally botched it... how tendrils were fixed was at least a sign,
    but since then, i guess all the feedback is not getting looked at...
  11. Vagrant Committed Player

Where the heck are you getting that? Psychic Prison ticks 12 times in 5.5 seconds with the power having a cool down of 6 seconds. The damage actually hits harder than most DOT AOE powers so honestly, what power are you talking about because its not psychic prison.

In my opinion it doesn't need to setup any PIs or take advantage of PIs because its damage is fine. If I really wanted to buff it, then extra damage from Terrify or Dazed would be fine.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Mental should have only one PI.
    • Like x 4
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

hmmm, yes. it is just that most powers have a 12 second DOT wich also sets the PI and is convenient working with the weapon buff for the fitting cooldowns... looking at fire, you can have a full loadout with only 12 sec powers and the SC or robot sidekick for a weapon or hybrid playstyle, wich is also possible with ice, if i remember correctly... well. i guess that's the reason i dont realy like prison.
    yes. that would help a lot. i guess also quantum and electro should.
    mental would have a lot more possibilities and be less troublesome.
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

Psychic prison is great because of its damage and spammability, speed is damage.
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

if only the reflecting pain shield would have a 12 second cooldown,
    ices reflection is 12 seconds aswell, isn't it? that would have helped,
    bringing it in line with the buff maybe... oh well. i switched to fire.

the TC mods reduce CD of reflector shield to 16,2 seconds.
    well, i guess it would have been better to bring it down to 12.
    but at least as it appears to me: those mods are a waste anyways.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

To Make Mental Great Again...

1) Mental has only 1 PI (Terrify).
    2) Mental abilities bypass Dominance as Gadgets mines already does.

Just these 2 things and Mental throw out Rage, Electricity and Earth all together in the garbage :D
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would have preferred psychic prison to be more like bitter winds (a tighter aoe that moves with me) or wintry tempest (a castable field). as with most of mentals moves i find it works great on open world ads and in solo situations. it has a tendency to cast behind you which can put some of the ads in front of you out of its aoe. its not much of a prison. doesn't really stun anything as far as i can tell.

sad that you switched to fire.personally i was going to let my sub drop today but the refund sent to my wallet from marvel omega covered my for a free month. i just havent been paying the game the way i used to because of all of this. i had the day off yesterday. did the 303 on four characters, the seasonal a few times. just tired of trolling through content. lagged out like four times because i got distracted with other things. games just not fun like this. six months in and no fixes. its a real eye opener.
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

yes, it is realy disengaging to have obviously broken powers not fixed... however:
    as i played fire, i realized that i was doing allmost all my dammage with weapons,
    i am now fully precission modded and switched weapons from brawling to staff.
    now, i guess i will return to mental, because it has a lot of potential with weapons.
    its just that we have no heal, wich makes it depending on either a very fast healer,
    or modding the shield heal in the hands, wich would dimish my dammage, but hey:
    there is nothing cooler than to break out with the flight move and then clip with granduer!
    also, i see now that i could use the reflect pain shield in a way i never did before...
    yeah, i guess mental is the power i choose for a reason and though i switched to fire,
    the power i went out of brainiacs ship with has me back ^^ sad that weapons arent balanced.
    oh well, i still need the second artefact that is comming out soon, to be competitive with it.

i could switch out neo venom boost with either convalescence or the iconic SC for a low heal.
    or as said, use the handmod. i just loose a little dammage either way, or just leave it to my heal.
    they will love me meleeing all the times anyways, so does the tank. but hey, no risk no fun ^^
    and if mental shines in any way, then it is for its many shields... i guess, could be fun, i hope...
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I've been using an AOE based loadout for Mental in order to capitalize on killing multiple adds.
    Psychic Prison, Sonic Cry, Mass Terror, Whirlwind, Low Pressure and Terrorize as a Finisher.
    The problem is that flight mode Iconics are not staying in their loadout due to UI issues.
    Sometimes I'll substitute High Pressure for Terrorize, as it give Low Pressure a boost and Low give High a boost.
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

additionally terror tendrils seems to have a few more issues. i'm not sure what the projectile fix did or did not do.was never big on the move pre AMs. more than a few times at point blank range with one sole ad right in front of me and the tendrils did zero damage. zero. at point blank.