More Mental Problems?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sy-Lent-Kill-R, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

2. stärnbock Devoted Player

even if fully special force modded, i guess the difference between alfa moded might be still only 10%...
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm curious as to your point. do you think this is good? is this bad? do you think its working as intended?

i have to confess i pay little attention to other players video clips. i only watched the first minute and the last and there are many variables that can effect ones dps.

without knowing the details the earth dps did quite a bit more damage than you. your tank came close to overtaking the two lower cr dps.

doesn't look very balanced to me.

and as ive been saying since the revamp went live it isn't just about the damage output. it is a part of it but theres also an aesthetic quality that mental possessed that was lost. whether it was weapon mastery, awesome mechanics or classic dcuo mental was a very smooth power. watching your toon play makes me wince. it looks like a chicken dance compared to the way i like to see it play. i hate it. (This is why i never quantum or nature dps'd during the AM era. Just didnt look good to me). i think it contributes to a lower damage output. things aren't flowing the way they used to. it adds up to time lost which equals less dps.

what did they do to this game? ten weeks later and i'm still upset. has the double cast even been acknowledged? mental is not the only power that has to deal with that. i have a bonus day off tomorrow. nothing i wish i could do than to put in a nice long full day marathon but i just cant. not until they fix things.
    • Like x 1
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i wake up five minutes before my alarm goes off every day.
    • Like x 1
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

What is balanced to you? I'm beating other dps near my CR. The 212 Earth DPS also was fully modded in Special Forces mods. Obviously he would beat me most likely no matter what power he played because of his better gear and modding.
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

What you said about the flow of the game play is so true. Everything now is disjointed; and it's not just Mental.
    Fire, Earth, are two others that no longer "Feel" right.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, mental has like 7 rays in 3 different colors coming out of the head and two cones wich all have allmost the same animation... not exactly nice to look at... also: the purple spaghetty heads are covering the whole heads of your allies and yourself and the transform SC is ugly aswell... sure, mental is the worst if it is about the cosmetic style of its powers... not sure if anything comes close to it...
    • Like x 2
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

from what i saw i dont think the scoreboard reflects your performance. you and the tank did great.

spaghetti face is its own special level of hell.
    • Like x 1
  9. sirzap Well-Known Player

as the saying goes....

"mind over matter"

... if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

kidding aside, I feel for those playing with mental. my first toon was mental but I'm now focusing on other toons right now.
  10. Vagrant Committed Player

Got some Panopticon Elite footage with Mental. Mental is not as terrible as people think, people just need to know how to play it.

Skip to near the end of the video where I fight Ultraman, I've also tightened up since this video how to play this raid as Mental so nowadays I am even better.

• Like x 1
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Outside of the fact that you are playing Elite with mental; it is kudos to you as a player, and not Mental as a Power.
    Without seeing the scoreboard; it is impossible to judge. Having used a similar loadout; I have not seen significant damage as compared to Powers. And of course, I am not providing a scorecard to show otherwise as well.
    • Like x 1
  12. Vagrant Committed Player

Dude if you are worried about scorecard when running elite you are doing it wrong. There are way too many factors, for instance Earth, Electricity and certain powers will catch up during trash mobs because of how they function. Rage for instance would do great during trash but terrible during bosses.

In terms of Mental they do great in all corners of the raid and others. Have you been in elite with Mental? Have you played Mental? Do you know how each power works, what powers can clip with others?
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

In that Video, the other DPS was Electric. I just wonder how it would have fared if both were Mental.
    It looks like you're in a nice League, and everyone likes and knows you. But try shouting on LFG as a Mental DPS for Elite; good luck with that.
    • Like x 1
  14. Vagrant Committed Player

Because no one knows how to play the dang power, which is my biggest point here. Most Mental DPS I see out there are running a Dazed loud out. Mine is Terrified.
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

I have played mental, and I am very fond of the power and now how to use it, but out of curiosity why wouldn't you show the scoreboard to see how you did against the other players, because if you underperform in a pug group with some wipes you might end up being kicked really fast. And revamp was aimed to make your stat count and balanced powers, and in my case with 325 sp, i got out DPs by a lot facing other powerset with way less SP and lower in cr equipment aswell, I am talking about people that also know how to Dps properly, that is far from balance, as I see it. And yes sometimes I top the charts with lousy random DPS, But that is not the point, I want to be competitive against my pairs, and not against bad players.
    • Like x 1
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

and pointless too you might add...you can be tech cold like cap cold or magic cold like k frost...your big attacks are cold-ice attacks....you can be tech fire like heatwave or magic fire like a of sin...your big attack is a flame heat attack..your mental..your big attack...becoming a ghost statue that cant even move right...sure you could backstory a reason for the ghost attack...but it would never make sense and be as consistent as other powers are...like fire and ice
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

sure, i can only talk for myself, however: do you realy belief you are the only one hwo tryed to play mental like you did? because i think you are playing a pretty standart loadout wich would actually be played a lot, if terror tendrills would setup terror correctly... and how exactly does that mean that mental is good as it is, if you can only play it like this and every other way is doomed to fail as you claim, while other powers have many working loadouts to choose from? doesn't that exactly prooves mentals flaws? also: i can not see any proof of your loadout to be even that good, not unless you are showing the scoreboard while also showing your gear and those of the other dps's, on a run where everyone is performing just as well as you do... otherwhise i need to stay sceptic of your claims...
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yesterday in the new injustice alert i out dpsed a mental dps as a mental controller. i wasnt trying.

it was a blind queue. i was about 12 crs higher than the brave person who queued in as a mental dps. tank came in first, i came in second and the mental dps was third by a rather large margin (the tank also had me by a large margin).
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this is why i hate cryokinesis and the two fire powers at mentals disposal. while technically they are mental powers if i wanted to use fire and ice attacks i would play a fire or ice character. the revamp should have taken the chance to make mental "its own" power. cryokinesis is a goodpower for dpsing and trolling. it works the way thought bubble should...beam attack, burst damage, explodable encasement...but ices encasement is pretty rooted whereas thought bubble is all over the place. would be nice if we could get thought bubble to work like cryo. also thought bubbles cooldown is awkward compared to cryo. difficult to work it into a smooth loadout.

ido top out the scoreboard on some occasions. i've also done some stuff that thati'm kind of proud of (i ended up basically soloing the first eclipso fight in the AoJ alert)...but overall nothing works the way it should.

they need to turn the power back on. it was like instead of just removing the cr differential and the AM damage they also nerfed it to the ground on top of it.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I remember the raid me and you ran, you were only about 300 k behind me by the end of it and I remember telling whitecell how impressed I was by the damage you did with mental. It may not be the best power, and still need work but it definitely isn't even remotely as bad as people make it out to be. They make it sound like it's the new electric or nature. I think sorc is worse off then mental to be honest.