More Mental Problems?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sy-Lent-Kill-R, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

you had me at "Psychic Blades"...
    • Like x 2
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I've solved my Mental issues; I went Iconic.
    I do use Terrorize and Invis->Pain Everything though.
    • Like x 2
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

see? told ya ^^
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Pyro does great damage on large groups of adds when bursting those encasements. In solos and duos, running Psychic Prison for PI app and encasement clips right in Pyro, and you can keep going with next powers without waiting for full animation to finish. Kind of fun. The main problem? That's totally useless unless you want to run around dpsing with troll gear or mod enough dom in your dps gear to meet the minimums, lol. Otherwise in alerts and rains, you aren't encasing anything. Then it's just a waste that only applies PI, lol.
    • Like x 2
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Swoop w Swooping Combo Feet Mod
    Empowered Channeling Hands Mod for
    Heat Vision
    Terrorize
    Freeze Breath
    Sonic Shout
    And INVIS->Pain Both setup in slot 6 for a qucik hit,
    Swoop for lunge and then either HV or INV->Pain
    Use Terrorize whenever needs <35% Finisher
    HV for Solo Target
    FB and SS for Group Targets
    If shield needed replace FB.
    All powers become non-interuptible w Empowered Channeling Hands Mod.
    Swoop gets you in close for Invis-> Pain.
    I use this for Ice, Fire, Gadgets, Quantum, and Mental. Just substitute your finisher.
    I guess it's what the Devs call balance.
    • Like x 2
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, as i sayd: you will suck anyways if you went full mental ^^
    [IMG]
    you never go full mental!
    • Like x 3
  7. Bloodlife New Player

LOLing all day, TY. Of course, crying when playing. No use having a powerset if you can use it only for fun... or sadness.
    TY all for the good sugestions and imputs, we are together in this.
    Saddly nothing we can do to really make Mental stronger, we can just divert out from it :(
    Waiting the re-revamp... see ya, take care.
    • Like x 1
  8. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Agree with above. Pro-tip: When playing mental you want to turn down your sound effects because your main power, the Black Canary Sonic Shout iconic, gets really annoying really fast.
    • Like x 3
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

...and that why I play with sound off.
    • Like x 1
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

tried going into another SJ alert after running some lower level content. swapped out mass lev for tendrils as mass lev does nothing in an alert or raid . pretty much held my own up to the last boss and everything went the usual kablooey. too many graphics on the screen caused lag, the double cast glitch was messing up my rotations and me trying to block or move out of the way. even with tk shield i kept getting snapped out of invisibility when i could actually see my character, all the beam attacks keep missing their targets. by the time we finished the boss fight i was 25% behind an earth dps with next to no gear and about a hundred skill points less than me.

shut the game off.

i ended up logging back last night when i got home from work and ran the JFA raid as a controller. granted i was tired but stil. i ended up nodding off at the last boss fight. each group varies, this one was very power hungry and i was soloing. we got through it but from the second we started it was nothing but me spamming my power dump and trying to build my supercharges. if i'm supposed to deal more damage now as a "battle troll" i dont see it. it was just not fun. the controlling side of mental feels like it was reworked over by a tank who wants everything as far away as possible. there was no actual controlling going on. and all those ugly spaghetti faces in cut scenes ruins those for me.

i can't help but take the revamp personally. everything i enjoyed about my characters and their powers was removed with nothing to replace it. its not just mental. i even have issues with nature despite its shiny polish. i'm finding myself wishing i just let my sub expire instead of giving it another month.i keep coming to the forums to see if theres some kind of light at the end of the tunnel and it appears mental is swept under the rug. you'd think releasing the power broken when its am first went live the dev team would have paid a little attention to not letting it happen again. i don't want to wait another year on the sidelines.

at this point i just want the dev team to know i want them to !@#$ themselves.

:)
    • Like x 2
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

yes... those ugly controll effectsd in the sequences, covering all your allies head... IT. IS. SO. FRIGGIN. UGLYYY!!!
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

one more point that is making mental falling behind: MASS LEVITATION! i have no idea how the targeting even works with it... seriously! shouldn't it be supposed to lift up till 8 targets? well, it doesn. at first, i thought it lifts your target in a cone shape, well, guess what? it doesnt. if one target it close to you, it will lift the one you may accidentally hit, and everything behind it is save for three seconds. it is also not hitting all enemies that are close (would make the power hit harder and more accurate, it would suck for it to be melee though. even if stronger: mass levitation doesnt fit as a melee attack by default), and it sertainly doesnt hit targets on your screen. in fact: thought bubble, wich is a ray (a RAY!) hits more targets! so my guess would be that mass levitation works similar: you lift the target you hit, and some targets around it. WICH IS WRONG! WRONG! for example: go into any kind of instance you face multiple goons at the same time: i will guarantee you, mass levitation will hit only half of the targets you would want to hit. the other half of targets are not affected because you will miss them. and you will miss a lot of targets, i tell you. it sucks. it should lift everthing in sight... and doesn't. *sigh*
    • Like x 4
  13. boibrion New Player

Hi,
    I've dealt with the same frustration; loyal mental dps since Origin Crisis, 202cr 300sp with full might specs and mods, hand blasters, and I use critical menace III, accelerated horrific visage, and Improved stealth (necessary) mods. The SCG is my top priority for Bolt Barrage, which does serious damage with a trinket and supply drop active. I start w ML > HV > Tel Pull > Cryo > ( weapon atk if needed to break encasement, or Terrorize if below 35%) > Invisibility > Sleep (you have time to use it a few times or cc multiple ads) > Menace > Pain Blast. I don't top the charts but I can keep up. If no troll or tank is present I'll cc the ads with sleep so the other dps have an easy kill. Let me know what you think.
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

I'm here at the mention of mental problems.

...wait, you didn't mean in that sense. Nevermind then.
    • Like x 2
  15. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I been pretty loyal to Mental for about 3 years and I've considered switching to something like fire or electric because the damage output is pretty terrible on mental and I mean terrible. Yes I've outdpsed a few 203s at 188 cr at olympus but now I'm 199 going onto 200 and I get outdpsed by 1 mil by Rage or Fire every time I run War Crimes. I ain't saying make mental super op again like pre revamp, but buff it up a bit because it's tiring having to know you aren't doing damage you should be doing because your power is jacked up. I would tell you my main loadout but I currently have no loadout because even though the revamp dropped 2 months ago, Not one loadout I've used has done much other than the invisibility Spam sleep a few times and hit ambush pain but my problem with that is mobility and the fact one hit makes me lose the whole form so fighting bosses in invisible form is useless. The best loadout by far I've had was Mass Levitation, Pyrokinesis, telekinetic shield, telekinetic Pull, Psychic shock and invisibility
    Invisibility lo: ambush sleep, the supercharges mass hysteria and Bolt barrage and ambush pain.

You can replace shield with psychic prison or robot sidekick in solos or duos.

The rotation goes like this

In solo or duo with a decent amount of ads
    Mass lev > Pyrokinesis > spam Psychic shock until terror effect ends then repeat

Alert or raid
    Mass lev > pyrokinesis > invis > ambush pain > spam psychic shock till invis comes off cooldown then repeat.
    Use shield for if low health, pickups or if you decide to go invisible then pop Shield first thing.

This has been the most outputting in damage for me yet it doesn't compete with rage or electric.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

well, my raid loadout contains kryokinesis, just to not run out of power in between and also to save the soder cola for health restoring:

mass levitation > pyro > mass terror > kryokinesis > telekinetic bolt > invisibility
    ambush >cw> neo venom boost > pain blast

an alternative loadout contains the finisher and uses terror tendrills instead of pyro and kryokinesis. it is just bad to have two PI's:

mass levitation > terror tendrills > telekinetic bolt > mass terror (terrorize in between, whenever the time for it is comming and inv.)
    ambush >cw> neo venom boost > pain blast

my pvp loadout was (until the nerv happens) using many shields mostly, and i play in troll role with OP riffle 5 taps:

reflect pain >cw> psy emp >cw> menace > 5taps > psychic shock >cw> telekinetic shield >5taps> psy shock >cw> granduer
    granted, the cheese is real with this one... but hey, i am a noob in pvp, and thats were mental shines...

also i will not use mental powers with the next DLC. in duos for example, i will rather try:

downdraft >tap> low pressure >tap> high pressure >tap> swoop attack >tap (with feet mod, tap does an additional attack, clippable)
    also with reflect pain >cw> neo venom boost (whenever ready and with consumable shield for additional survivability)

my dammage was low anyways. the aerial loadout is melee and too risky for raids maybe...
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

this pvp loadout is the mozarella stick of all cheese, granted ^^' good it gets nerved though!
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

what bothers me is that mental and quantum have multiple PI's. especially in troll role, there isn't much fitting with the debuffs. therefore, you better just ignore them... sadly! also the dammage (crosshair) debuff: no need for it. better take the SC gen. but oh wait, then i end up with setting up the same PI with the heal and shield debuff... so i switch the shield debuff with the other possibility... oh wait, no! this one costs 300 power... basicly not affortable, if you want to dump as much as is expected from you... not sure if gadget trolls and electro healer suffers the same issue... however: multiple PI's are reducing your possibilities drasticly and there is no gain at all to compensate for those powers... even worse: powers with CC effects are weaker than pure bursts, even though as a dammager, you will not even be able to CC in alerts and raids anyways, unless you got all OP pieces, dominance mods, maybe switch chest and legs for troll gear and use bulldozer soder colas all the time... not that the targets wouldn't break out in no time anyways...
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the best so far has been getting stuck in the double cast while trying to get out of the damage spots in the new duos. the double cast has been an issue for several powers since the update and nothing has been done about it. i haven't even seen it acknowledged.

my "area 51" loadout doesn't seem to work as well in the new daily zone. i've been working a loadout thats similar to the old AM. i have Mass lev>tk bolt>psychic shock>mass terror and i keep invisibility and tk shield.

i've always preferred using granduer to tk shield but its no longer as effective.

if they could do something a little more exciting with invisibility i could learn to enjoy things as they are but as it is even with the big hit of pain blast trying to set it up wastes so much time you end up losing dps in the long run. whats the point of invisibility of ads can see and react to you?

the one thing that was cool with mentals old am is it made you feel like you had mental powers. now i feel like the assistant fire and ice caster.

anyhow the time is ticking and my subs expiring on the 4th. i wont be resubbing. im now one of those who wants to see the game fail because i don't think crappy work should get rewarded and seven years of loyal service ends with a nerf caused by a bunch of salty testers. much more into making the next week and a half doing stuff i enjoy in game rather than grinding out after ads that never spawn...
    • Like x 1
  20. Streven Dedicated Player

Mental sucks sadly.