MnK on Console

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Feb 19, 2022.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I was bored messing around and hooked up my keyboard and mouse to my PS5 to see if they worked on console. My account is based on PlayStation not on my PC so I wanted to see if I could play like the PC for fun. But I find out the keyboard works but the mouse doesn't? You have to use the joysticks to move the camera. Why is this. Kinda odd
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The keyboard works because Sony has always had options for Keyboards in their systems (The PS3 had an attachable keyboard...I think I owned on once). They never intended for mice to used on their consoles. It's a Sony thing, not Dimensional Ink.
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

That doesn't add up. Final fantasy allows keyboard and mouse and there's about 20 other games that do as well I can think of off the top of my head. It's definitely not a Sony thing.
    • Like x 1
  4. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Because FF started on PC first and always had a system in place for MnK considering that's the primary way to play on a PC.

But at the same time, Square is also a way larger company than SOE/Daybreak/DI so they had more resources to throw into the game as well, not to mention that ARR (A Realm Reborn) was FF 2.0.
    • Like x 1
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

That's a fair point. But there are other games like CoD that supports mouse and keyboard. Seems like if they wanted to program it DI could make it compatible but it's not a priority. Just was curious
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]