Missing Style Type on Loot Boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Photonaxon, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Loot Boxes still do not say which style they are or if you have already collected them.

There are so many to keep track of, timer runs out before you can check. Almost impossible to check because the style type isn't listed.
    • Like x 1
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I have a spreadsheet with all the styles I still need to get.
    • Like x 1
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I use a notebook, myself.

As for what styles might be in a particular unattuned/scaling gear box, it seems like there was a list put in the forums recently of what style was in which box, but for the life of me I can't remember when or where it was. Maybe something that's on one of the DC wiki sites?
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you mean for the events and seasonals like Auntie Monica's Revenge, you only have to open one of them to know what style will be in the rest of them
    Like for this Event, it is the Aerial Defender and the Atlantean Loot Boxes contain Remora, Starro has the Zonewalker and the Time-Torn Village/Vandal Savage boxes have the Paramilitary styles

If that is not what you mean, please explain

As for list of styles have slash need, each character has their own piece of photocopy paper that lists what they got, and where (unless it was just some random Open World kill) with a check list showing which of the up-to 9 pieces of that style they already have (some sets have a 'hidden' face style that doesn't count towards the Feat)
  5. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

Even for the event styles it would be nice if it could say "collected" on it somewhere. I'm running three different eps on three different characters and its even harder to keep track of who has what piece. Even the Atlantis vendor doesn't have it.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It does, once you pick one of the two gear, can't recall right now if it says before or after you pick the Role or DPS version

Not sure if have personally bought any styles from the Fish Vendor, butt all the other vendors (certainly the Seasonals) show if you already have that style or not (and with the Absolute Zero gear, it won't even list it if you have; got the belt in 2017 for the Primary Six and last year it wasn't listed for those characters)
  7. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

they don't say collected until after you buy them and open them. Defeats the purpose of trying to complete a set the first time through. You have to keep track yourself or go to the style feat and see what you do or don't have. Its the same for any of the drops now that involve opening the box. Heck..it would be really nice to have when you first open the loot box and are presented with your three choice. Say a Chest, a Hands and a mark. You don't know which of those you already have until you've potentially made the "wrong" choice.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brit Loyal Player

This would be one of the greatest Quality of Life changes for me. I, too, have a spreadsheet posted beside my computer. And yet, particularly with drops, taking a minute to find the right style (Oh. Blah-Blah-Blah box means this style, even though it's not labeled), and then consulting my style chart to see if I actually need that style in that slot, it takes between 60-90 seconds of that 2 minute timer, so it's something I have to do immediately.

And aside from the final bosses in any given run, most of the time my party is less than pleased when I sit in the previous boss room for 90 seconds sorting out loot, while they're already running into the next hallway and getting killed by trash.

Since the loot has that hard-timer on it, it would be far more user friendly if every box just said what the style was and whether or not it had been collected.
    • Like x 2