Top Bug - Fixed Missing Stats?

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is unrelated.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Origin Augments go with you forever. Increasing stats on 42's and the next few Adaptive Augments will phase this out once the lost stats have been naturally regained. (This allows us to give you back the error in stats now but also not have to rebalance the entire game.)
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The standard solution you suggest here was and is definitely a possibility. I and others advocated strongly that taking away end-game stats is bad, especially when it is our mistake, because most players wouldn't ever bother to or be able to understand it. We want players to be happy and feel valued, not permanently angry about "Episode 41's stolen stats" or whatever.
    • Like x 10
  4. BumblingB I got better.

The powerful element doesn't help when you swap the AA's for Episode specific ones for the bonuses that go with them. The stats that we lost were part of the overall stat gain and I see this as a little loss.

But I wont question further on this. Thank you for your response.

Can you elaborate on the naturally regained stats? Based on your original post above, this sounds like it was a percentage error and wouldn't those stats eventually keep increasing, even if they aren't following the additive issue, a multiplicative setting would still increase over time, albeit, smaller scaling.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

That's what I don't get. I came in the thread expecting to see lots of "Great, thanks!", i'd give the Thread a like and then leave. Instead we got this...

Just reminded me of how History can repeat itself tbh.

Players: "We want a Batman Cowl, we'll pay anything!"
    Devs: "We fought for it and got you a Batman Cowl, its $20"
    Players: "Boooooo"
    (Marketplace immediately stops hosting Iconic Items for a Long Time)

Please do me a favour if thats ok? If the other Devs who helped advocate for this bonus ever need a reason to do so again, don't ever let them see this thread. I'd imagine it would be demoralizing.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It doesn't, but you will have gear from 42 real quick that will make you more powerful pretty much right away. You can also choose to wear your new adaptive if it feels worth it over the old.

The intent is a little different. Made up numbers, but we just want to replace what you "lost" right now.

Let's say the max you could have lost was lost 3000 Might. We're giving you at least 3000 Might back as bonus stats on your 42 adaptive augments. You're all set for now. 43's adaptive might give you a 2000 bonus, 44's a 1000, etc. By the time we're in 44/45, your Might will be many thousands above where you have been in 41 and we're just rolling on.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Will the elite raid content in episode 42 also take into consideration that we get these extra stats ?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will be doing the balance rounds of testing from players with these latest augments, yes.
    • Like x 3
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What about increasing the skill point stat pools?

Currently we're at 295 there and some players already maxed a 2nd pool of secondary stats wich is often not even effective or needed.

By increasing the pool of the individual stats we could use our SP more effectively and on top encourage more players to keep grinding for some feats.

Im talking about an increase of 60Sp with the next episode to those pools. (10 like any EP and 50 on top).

I know that its not giving back stats to some (those that havent maxed any stat pool yet) but in the end i guess those that havent maxed any, didnt even notice the stat drop drastically anyway.
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The error has been addressed and will be rectified. We are getting our stats back and that’s all that really matters. Be grateful for it and pray they don’t change their minds and clamp the dickens out of us anymore.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

Yeah, It would be nice to have the older adaptive augments gain these stats too b/c those have actual game mechanics tied to them.
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

We're in the same boat lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Thank you all for being so kind on this issue.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Understood. Thank you for the clarification. It's sort of a weaning off for each DLC going forward.
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is where Mepps' long experience with the forums pays off.
    • Like x 2
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh, it sorta cleared itself up immediately afterwards (and maybe I hadn't gotten through even part of a cup of coffee yet) but thank you for the info.
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

Thats funny
  19. Requake Dedicated Player

@Mepps

Maybe while looking at the adaptive augments, immediately make the 'old' ones transfer their buffs to the new ones, so we don't have to be constantly switching augments between every DLC

(Shattered Gotham, Fractured god sphere on elite come to mind very quickly)
    • Like x 1
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

Always. It is much better to have our stats clamped and only manage to win instances with player abilities than to have an iconic carbon copy character with no actual skills facerolling everything and ignoring the entire group so he can feel entitled and falsely good at the game.

I am loving it and will always support it.
    • Like x 4