Missing Quest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Teezax, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Teezax New Player

Hello, not sure where this issue can be addressed, however I've been playing with a friend who is on PS4, and we 've just reached level 10. For some reason he did not get the Welcome to the Watchtower quest that advances the storyline. I had no issues getting that quest, so I'm not sure why he hasn't been able to. He cannot seem to progress as i believe this quest is required. Anyone have any ideas apart from level what may trigger this quest to show up? And how would he address an issue of this kind to a GM or something, the support system seems confusing. any help would be great, thanks.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Did your friend run the vault yet? If I recall correctly, players have to run the vault before the watchtower mission appears.
  3. Teezax New Player

You know what, I know he hasn't done that yet, we'll try that tonight.
    I appreciate the response. :)
    Hopefully it works, we've been trying everything
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

No problem. Hopefully using the vault ticket Ambush Bug provided will do the trick.
  5. Owl Devoted Player

The Welcome to the Watchtower mission should become available after completing the Level 8 mission line for the starting Mentor.

A Meta character must complete the Hive mission line.
    A Magic character must complete the Raven mission line.
    A Tech character must complete the Bane mission line.

Completing other mentor Level 8 mission lines will not activate the Welcome to the Watchtower mission.
    • Like x 1
  6. Teezax New Player

Thx Owl, the only thing is that he has completed his mentor quests (Superman) and there is nothing else for him to get. All he shows in his quest log are the alert Quests and the Witching Hour. Now he is fairly new to MMO's so I'm just hoping he didn't hide the quest accidentally. He said he didn't though, we'll check to be sure. I'll have to him try the vault as a solution as Seth suggested. Hopefully that does it.
  7. Owl Devoted Player

If he has Superman as a mentor, he may need to talk to the Flash to complete the Hive mission line.
    Note that the Level 8 mission lines require a player to select a weapon from a list to complete the quest.

So the questions to ask:
    1. Did you defeat Queen Bee?
    2. Did you speak to the Flash after defeating Queen Bee?
    3. What weapon did you select from the quest list?
    4. Do you have the option to travel to the Meta Wing in the Watchtower from the teleporter?
    If the Welcome to the Watchtower quest is hidden, he may be able to start it manually by teleporting to the Watchtower and activating the first console in the Meta wing.

After completing the Welcome to the Watchtower, there are other missions that must be completed:
    • Research and Development
    • Vault Ambush
    • Home is Where your Base Is
  8. Teezax New Player

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Doesn't recall
    4. He had the option originally to warp to Watchtower from the teleporter in the police station, and when he arrived to watchtower nothing happened. That option is no longer available at the teleporter. Watchtower is not listed.

I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out
  9. Teezax New Player

Oh and Flash says nothing of significance now to him.
  10. Owl Devoted Player

If he completed the quest he should have one of the following weapons:
    • Bow - Korllium Stinger - Recurve Bow
    • Brawling - Laminated Korllium Knuckles - Power Clamps
    • Dual Pistol - Paired Magnetic Pistols - Plasma Pistol
    • Dual Wield - Somelari War Blades - Dao Tech Sword
    • Hand Blasters - Magno-Nuclear Blaster Wraps - Hand Cannons
    • Martial Arts - Korllium Claws - Tech Katar
    • One Handed - Royal Axe of the Insect Queen - Tomahawk
    • Rifle - Magnetized Korlium Rifle - Sniper Rifle
    • Staff - Queen's Royal Rod - Tech Staff
    • Two Handed - Korllium Exocracker - Spike Hammer
    He should be able to equip whichever weapon he selected, so you should be able to inspect him after he equips it.

If he did not get a weapon, he may have the quest hidden.

Also any character over Level 5 can Warp to HQ through the map menu.
  11. Teezax New Player

Yes recall him getting the Power Clamps, he didn't like the look, he possibly sold them (he clearly still doesn't quite understand the whole style tab) Would selling them be a problem here? And thanks for your help in this matter owl, it's appreciated.
  12. Owl Devoted Player

If he got the Weapon, then he completed the Hive quest and should get the Welcome to the Watchtower quest.
    You are also able to buy back any items from a vendor that you sell for a short time.

He could try to Warp to HQ and enter the Meta wing. The quest may start once he activates the first console.
  13. Teezax New Player

We'll try that tonight, i'm at my rope's end with this issue, and it ain't even mine.
    I just hope he didn't hide it after all this effort. Worse case, if the unimaginable happened and it's a glitch, is there away to get a GM to reset the quest? On Ps4?