Minor QoL suggestion.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jan 3, 2022.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Some will probably say meh. I get it. But if it's possible at any point in time. Could you just allow us to abandon missions picked up instead of hiding them. I get it. Out of sight out of mind. They're hidden it's the same thing essentially. To me though. It's not. I just want to get rid of them. I know they are lurking in my hidden tab. Again. No big deal. But yeah. Would be nice.
    • Like x 5
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I wouldn't want that for older weekly unending missions but anything else? Hell yeah!
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm down with this idea, as long as there was a way to get back the 0/5 dailies in AF1, SoT, WOL1/2, etc.... you know the ones where you can't clear them?

This would be especially good for when a bugged daily mission comes up (there were some in WOL2/AF1/LS dailies that prevented you from finishing them), and you'd like another try the next day at least.
    • Like x 1
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

No. The option isnt there for a reason. First, new or unexperienced players can lose progress and think its a bug. Second, the devs would need to do a pass on each daily and check if it can be picked up again or not. Not to mention multiple missions are tied to bounty posters, so they would most likely have to check each one of them to make sure cancelling their missions resets the quest and only if there were no rewards received, because otherwise missions that demand you to talk to a npc could be exploited.

Any mistake when implementing this task could lead to new players quitting or support getting thousands of bug fix requests.
    • Like x 2
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

It would not be as difficult as you're making it out to be it seems. Just don't hit triangle to abandon a mission. Or just give a double prompt. Are you sure you want to abandon this mission.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think he’s talking more about the implementation of the change and all the leg work to “make sure” the change doesn’t adversely affect anything. It would be a nice QoL, but yeah, probably very far down the list…good side project for someone newer ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The way DCUO was designed is if a mission is completed, you get the next one or it opens the mission for reset or the npc becomes unavailable. The system wasnt designed to allow mission cancelling mid-way, which means they would need to manually check every mission in the game and either give it delete conditions or prevent it from being deleted if it cant be picked again right after.

Its the kind of qol that seems easy but isnt implemented because it demands forever maintence.
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The only way out of this is to create a "hide mission from the hidden tab" option and a "unhide all button" that shows everything that was hidden in the hide tab, but that doesnt solve your problem, as the mission would still be in the unhide button.

I dont even know why Im discussing this, but since I did, now you know the most likely issues with your problem and the most likely duct tape solution. :p
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

This sounds like speculation rather than insider info, and I don't think that is true.

See, we do have mission bugs. The one that's still going on? Metro and Gotham NPCs still grant their one-time mission despite those being completed. However... it doesn't actually grant it. After you accept the mission window, nothing new shows up in the journal.

We've also have peculiar mission grants before. Patchwork accidentally granted a mission from New Genesis when you're doing tasks in the Apokoliptian Invasion area. I want to use Earth 3 villain pointer mission as an example too but I forgot the exact details of how it happened.

Here's my theory on how the mission system works: All missions are attached to the player and hidden until a specific objective is triggered. You don't actually get the mission, you just can see the mission when you talk to an NPC or reach a CR. Mission triggering conditions are already in place, intertwined with the player's history. Technically, deleting a mission would just be hiding it from the journal, like all those finished missions are.

We also have the sharing mission function for levels 1 - 30 and those are still functioning properly with how they interact with individual players' history.

That's my 2 cents on how it's technically feasible.