Might/Precision disparity in the new innates

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Kristyana, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Kristyana New Player

After trying out the new WM innates and such on test with a bunch of different builds, I feel that the +25 precision and +25 might innates are way too low on the might side.

We no longer have the +20 might innates any more, and with Weapon Mastery, precision is king. Might damage simply isn't hitting hard enough compared to precision builds. When you compare the might to precision still in the second tier and the fact we used to have +20 might innates, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that the might on the third tier innates could be doubled to +50.
    • Like x 17
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

I agree 100%. I think might vs precision needs to be better balanced entirely, but this would be a good start. :)
    • Like x 6
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, in my testing (using only the synthetic V E mods), even with a might build, the precision damage from WM combos is generally coming out higher. We've always had access to more might than precision in the innates. Not sure why it's 1 : 1 now.
    • Like x 3
  4. Wanning Comet Committed Player

My guess is, that if this is an intentional stat ratio of might vs precision by the devs, that the devs are going to retool the amount of dps you get from might and from precision.

I think the rebalance is a long time coming; remember before mods, the addition of shield and the addition of the second row of innates, the only way to up precision was thru a new set of gear or using certain iconic gear. Because only the devs controlled the amount of prec we got, they could easily balance might to prec from their initial damage algorithm. More likely than not they didn't think that much about how much better precision was over might until a year or so ago.

My guess is that when they do the damage pass on powers they will probably make changes to prec/might inputs on damage algorithms. That at least makes the most sense to me and I could see such a change easily being included in all the other balance changes.

Maybe the t6 gear only being only one dps set is part of checking all these balance changes since it will be easier to control and monitor the damage performance of builds and powers if the starting stat values of might and prec are more well known than if they allowed players to buy might or prec dps gear.

Ofc, it could be that done of the above is going to happen and the devs are just throwing out numbers randomly and hoping the game doesn't break too much :p

All of the balance changes that are happening and in the works atm have given me back a little of the faith I had in the dev team that I almost lost when I took a year off at the start of t5. I don't necessarily like all the changes, mind you, but I understand many choices they make and know that quite a few are very good for the balance of the game. I just hope they don't end up making every power the same except for the PIs though.
    • Like x 2
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, posted it in the main thread, but if you use WM, you have to stack precision, regardless of powerset. I'm not sure tilting the stats toward might would even help. I think this is a moot point.
  6. rododododo New Player

lol the 92 gear is almost all might
  7. Black Star New Player

The mods will make the difference now since there is no loger a Prec/Might choice in gear (at least in vendor gear). I kind of see why. WM is Prec dependent . Might will help the super powers, especially the group/AOE. As I tested I noticed that my weapon attacks are hitting a lot harder (almost double) than live with just a 100-200 prec difference. With the WM bonus, so's the might burst damage attacks.
  8. Owl Devoted Player

I noticed that Precision replaced the damage critical innates in the main branch while damage critical innates replaced Might in the first Tier. Maybe the extra Precision is to promote Weapon attacks over power attacks.
    Restoration replaced the healing critical innates in the main branch while healing critical innates replaced Restoration in the first Tier.