Might DPS Master Thread - Rotations for Every Power and How to Build/Test Them

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by AV, Feb 10, 2020.

1. AV Loyal Player

- I'd forgotten an Atomic rotation. Added now along with additional notes.
    - Expanded Earth: forgot to include Movement power variations initially as well as full ranged AoE rotation and added all videos. I'll eventually come back and do the jackhammer after I get the other sections their videos. I didn't realize there was a 5x embed limit; asking mod to either override or add an additional post after for me to embed the extra videos.
  2. AV Loyal Player

- Elec and Fire videos added. Added the Mass AoE loadout to Elec that I'd forgotten to include previously.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

For atomic single target you're pretty much spot on but the aoe loadouts are way off. Atom splitter is by far your hardest hitting/highest dps combo.
    • Like x 1
  4. AV Loyal Player

Thanks, I'll have a look now.
  5. AV Loyal Player

Test just went down for maintenance but I remember now the only reason I didn't include it yet was cuz of the range. Gonna add a lot of the short/melee range aoe / raid clear stuff later. I'll add it either once Test Server's back or after I get the more boss-heavy stuff done for other powers. Thanks for pointing it out, I really appreciate the feedback.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

No problem. Was just doing some testing what artifacts and at what level are you using. Tried your aoe rotation with 120 solar 160 grim and 160 trans card and saw significantly lower numbers than just using neutron bomb and nuclear burst both full combo with the same artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  7. AV Loyal Player

It's all with 200 Solar on; we get the AoE burst at 120 but we don't get the AoE burning DoT until 160, which makes a pretty big difference in AoE capability, so it makes sense you'd see higher numbers without it atm. If it's not at at least 160 it can have a lot of dead space in an AoE-focused rotation. I'll re-check n bomb>n burst as I absolutely could have made a mistake but could also just be the HV factor, for which this wouldn't be the first time I've seen Amp level have a huge impact on HV viability.

I renamed the "pure" aoe to "Non-Combo" AoE (it was just meant to be a full on pftt alternative to combo aoe if there every added anything where it'd see use). The hv>neutron combo>neutron combo clip>hv in the hybrid loadout would be the better aoe of the ones listed I think. I'll recheck with n burst once test is back up regardless.

Note: I'll add suggested artifacts for each eventually in addition to the overall artifacts section, I've just been trying to get as much test server work done while available

Note 2: I'll add a more explicit disclaimer to the OP tomorrow as well to indicate the minimum Solar Amp and Grim levels this assumes the player has.
    • Like x 1
  8. AV Loyal Player

Yeh just checked and it's def the 160+ Amp: Without HV, N Bomb (full combo)>N Burst (full combo)>Repeat like you're doing is putting out about 45K on 8 targets for me (with same artifacts on but HV not used), but Amplified Heat Vision>N Bomb (full combo)>N Burst (full combo)>Repeat is 55-57k. Same results with HV>N Bomb>Anti-Matter Bombx2>N Bomb>Repeat and HV>N Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>N Bomb (partial combo or full combo)(clipped with)>Repeat. All close enough I'd have to spend quite a while parsing to discern the actual difference between them, which is actually good news cuz it means the Hybrid build's HV>N Bomb>N Bomb>repeat holds about as much water as a strictly ranged AoE loadout would.

For reference: the AoE dmg from HV w 160+ Amp is deceptively high cuz it doesn't split. Did some rly rough averages rq for context and, on 8 targets, HV doin "at least" ~180k dmg per cast (including the ~4s of non-overlapping dot between casts assuming re-cast as soon as able); Note: I say "at least" cuz it would technically do more "per cast" if we let the DoT ride but it's better for overall DPS for it to be in the regular flow of a rotation, overwriting the DoT. Conversely, N Bomb takes as long to combo and it only hits for ~80k dmg per full combo.

I don't do a lot of ranged pure AoE (I'm spoiled as Fire in boss fights and for raid trash I like to stay in melee range for Speed Drain EoG) but mid-high 50s seems to be where most powers are peaking for AoE pre-buff/SC/etc. Elec is an exception but its rotation that does ~60% more dmg than other powers' AoE loadouts also inversely scales (ie. it does less and less relative dmg with smaller groups of adds) and then Elec's more consistent (ie for all numbers of mobs) AoE loadouts are also ~55-60k. Similarly, a burst pbaoe clipped with a dot to Vortex Trap > Whirling Dervish > Repeat is also in the mid 50s pre-buff/EoG. Note: I actually just tested adding HV to a point black loadout like that and it added ~10k DPS there as well, and it's viable at Amp 200 w the free Empowered Channeling or at 160 if someone wanted to give up 2% buff on hands for EC.

Bottom line: Solar Amp is reeeeeaaaaaaaaaal good. Post finisher update, Finishers and (Amp'd) HV are in the top three list of pretty much any power's highest ST DPS attacks available (and even better when you factor in Empowered Channeling and the fact that channeling allows 0 DPS loss Tac Swaps), and HV's a straight 10k DPS gain in AoE rotations. On the one hand, it makes everything a lil similar (mebbe 3-5 different "flavours" of Might DPS on different powers now) but on the other hand it's really brought everything closer to a standard baseline DPS for Might. I feel like it's a good thing overall and will allow for better balance in the long run and more interesting tweaks (and we're still a lot more diverse than prec has it right now so can't complain).

Note: - No new vids/edits today. Exhausted after a grueling work week. Hope to have more up tomorrow.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Might have to buff my solar to 160 and check it out.
    • Like x 1
  10. AV Loyal Player

We suspect we're due for 2x Nth xp soon. No way to be sure but might be worth waiting. Had one around this time last year I think.
  11. AV Loyal Player

- Gadgets vids posted
    - Most of the Ice vids are posted but upload speed slowed to a crawl. Should have them and Light up in the morning.
  12. AV Loyal Player

- About 40 new demo vids added today
    - Added some short & long range Atomic AoE & raid-trash rotations with notes
    - Added a pure AoE & ranged raid-trash clear Fire rotation
    - Added the remaining Ice, Light, Mental, Munitions, Quantum, Rage, Sorcery, and Water demo vids as well as movement mode variants where applicable, expanded their respective sections, added a lot of new notes, fixed some errors/typos, added new rotations
    - Will continue to add more Pure AoE rotations and short/long range rotations for clearing raid trash (a/r) while I start fleshing out other sections
    - Will try to give the LPVE guide some more attention
  13. AV Loyal Player

- Corrected a typo in the AoE Celestial rotation and improved the order for better consistency (much easier to do now as well w/o messing up combo):

Pure AoE / Long Range Raid-Trash Clear
    Heat Vision>Plague (full combo)(clipped with)>Wither (full combo)(clipped with)>Freezing Breath (2 ticks)(tap cancel)>Repeat
    Note: Vulnerable to interrupt for non-trash but essentially impervious to interrupt for raid-trash clear as they won't target you. The easiest way to time your Freezing Breath cancel correctly is to watch your power bar during cast: one tick on cast, a second tick shortly after, then tap cancel immediately (1 tick or 3 ticks is a damage loss)
  14. AV Loyal Player

- Added additional trash-clear rotations for Earth and Ice:

Heat Vision>Tectonic Break (clipped with)>Unstoppable>Jackhammer (8-9 times)>Repeat

Heat Vision>Frost Blast>Freezing Breath (2 ticks)(tap cancel)>Ice Boulder Strike>Repeat

Note: Higher output AoE at range without dependence on 12s CD powers. Do not attempt to queue ranged taps onto Frost Blast as it will sometimes prevent the damage from occurring. The easiest way to time your Freezing Breath cancel correctly is to watch your power bar during cast: one tick on cast, a second tick shortly after, then tap cancel immediately (1 tick or 3 ticks is a damage loss)
  15. AV Loyal Player

- Added a Mental Pure AoE / Raid-Trash Clear rotation. This was annoying because the solution was one of the last things I checked, as I thought it wouldn't have worked, but got it averaging >~64k on test. Other variations came close (60-63kish) but were harder on power and ultimately didn't feel right:

Heat Vision>Terror Tendrils>Mass Terror>Phantom Flames>Terror Tendrils>Repeat
    Note: You shouldn't have to worry about Terror Tendrils whiffing on raid-trash but it is slower moving than most other projectiles so you may want to hang out in mid-range

- Added a Pure AoE / Optional Ranged Raid-Trash Clear rotation for Rage:

Heat Vision>Dreadful Blast (full combo)(clipped with)>Frenetic Bombardment (full combo)(clipped with)>Freezing Breath (2 ticks)(tap cancel)>Repeat
    Note: Failure to properly clip Dreadful Blast results in a significant DPS loss. The more effective your clipping the higher your output (I was being very cautious with it in the demo vid due to an encroaching server shutdown). The easiest way to time your Freezing Breath cancel correctly is to watch your power bar during cast: one tick on cast, a second tick shortly after, then tap cancel immediately (1 tick or 3 ticks is a damage loss)
  16. AV Loyal Player

- Added a caution in the OP, warning people not to conduct comparative analysis (when trying to find the best rotations) with either Trans or Strat on as both increase the size of the spread from min to max output and Strat also sometimes prevents you from exiting combat cleanly. Almost all demo vids conducted with Solar and Grim (needed for most rotations) and Tetra in the 3rd slot. Exceptions include the Rage La-Mort melee build and I think a few demos I did Stone instead of Grim by accident but all comparative analysis was conducted with the same 3 artifacts.

- Added a very quick breakdown of artifact recommendations to the Artifact Analysis section. It's a pretty reductive placeholder for the time being, I just wanted people to get a feel for what should be considered for certain situations. I also linked to a more in depth explanation of how Strat works and where it's actually useful w examples. Will fully flesh the section out in time with a detailed explanation of every art at our disposal, just super tired right now.
  17. AV Loyal Player

- Added a disclaimer to the Mental raid trash clear aoe rotation stipulating it assumes there's a tank in the group and that if you were gonna use it in an alert you'd wanna be pretty close to the target

Eh... very lil negative response and none in the actual thread. A few players didn't realize how hard certain things hit now or how some things had changed but that's minor. Almost all feedback has been positive/relevant, I welcome people's hatred but at the end of the day the only response is: "so you have a better rotation?" Most of these can beat what can be found elsewhere.
  18. AV Loyal Player

- Further additions to Mental:
    - Added a brief description and demo of the projectile "rules" for it; and
    - Added an additional trash clear rotation if people prefer not to use projectiles.

To help players better understand Terror Tendrils, here's a quick demo showing how you get full damage no matter how many balls actually make contact with the enemy (not shown: if you hit multiple separated groups, you will get additional procs). This also shows that the impact radius is very forgiving. Basically, safe for raid trash but not safe for bosses (and not particularly strong for ST so no worries there anyways):

Short Range Variant:
    Heat Vision>Mass Terror>Psychic Prison>Phantom Flames>Mass Terror>Repeat
    Note: This is about as powerful as the Mid-Long Range Variant but without reliance on projectiles. In practice, they should both perform about the same if used correctly so the choice is more of a personal preference. This is a bit harder on power, however.

19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As always, keep up the great work. A lot of great info in this thread.
    • Like x 2
  20. AV Loyal Player

- Majorly expanded the Atomic section with Quark-Gluon variants for every situation with additional notes. Identified the previous entries as non-quark-gluon variants.
    - Added a contributors section to the OP to list players who've helped with the guide or with testing

Quark-Gluon Hybrid
    Loadout: Heat Vision, Neutron Bomb, Geiger Beam, Atom-Powered Assault

For ST: Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Neutron Bomb (clipped with)>Atom-Powered Assault>[Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Geiger Beam>Repeat portion in square brackets only]
    Note: Average output is fairly close to non-Quark-Gluon Hybrid ST variant below but you'll see pretty wide output swings. Also, if you need purer non-split ST, use the non-Quark-Gluon Hybrid ST variant.
    Opens up the option of running 2% crit on weapon buff mod.

For AoE: Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Neutron Bomb (clipped with)>Atom-Powered Assault>[Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Geiger Beam>
    Repeat portion in square brackets only]
    Note: Only slightly less DPS than both pure AoE trash clear variants. Opens up the option of running 2% crit on weapon buff mod.

Raid-Trash Clear AoE
    Quark-Gluon Long Range
    Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Neutron Bomb (clipped with)>Atom-Powered Assault>[Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Freezing Breath (2 ticks)(tap cancel)>Heat Vision>Neutron Bomb (full combo)(clipped with)>Neutron bomb (partial combo)(clipped with)>
    Repeat portion in square brackets only]
    Note: A bit more damage than non-Quark-Gluon variant and doesn't require Grim PI. Opens up the option of running 2% crit on weapon buff mod.

Quark-Gluon Short Range
    Heat Vision>Geiger Blast>Atom Splitter (full combo)(clipped with)>Geiger Blast (clipped with)>Atom-Powered Assault>Heat Vision>Geiger Blast>Atom Splitter (full combo)(clipped with)>Geiger Blast>Repeat
    Note: Do not clip ranged attacks onto the first Geiger Blast or spam Atom Splitter before the previous powers' animation is complete. Doing so makes it likely that Atom Splitter will not recognize your combo inputs and you'll lose a ton of damage. This is extremely susceptible to interrupt. More base damage than non-Quark-Gluon variant. Opens up the option of running 2% crit on weapon buff mod.
    • Like x 1