Might DPS Master Thread - Rotations for Every Power and How to Build/Test Them

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by AV, Feb 10, 2020.

1. AV Loyal Player

Depending how low artis and sp are there's really nothing wrong with just having fun and playing how you want. The guide is designed around max artis and while it will still hold true for artis that aren't maxed usually, there are more variables in those cases. That said, trans n strat are both kind of bad if they're not at 200 due to how their levels were designed anyways. I guess that kind of offsets the fact that they're good budget artis and that they are reasonably effective in a variety of situations once fully leveled.
    • Like x 1
  2. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thanks for weighing in! I really appreciate it.

My SPs are at 175 atm so that's gonna be a work in progress. I'm reluctant to spend RL money to get my arts to 200 so that's a slow grind too.
    As a fire-based toon, I don't tank often unless I have to so my primary focus is DPS.

I'm using the following loadout:

Inferno
    Wildfire
    Fireburst
    Mass Det
    Neo-Venom Boost
    RSK

If I were to incorporate HV it would replace Wildfire I think but until I get solar amplifier up (currently at level 44), it's not going to be as effective.

Any tips/suggestions you have I'm all ears (and eyes).

Thank you again for responding to my comments. I am grateful for the clarification.

When I get a chance this weekend, I'll take a closer look at the fire section via the might guide, especially the arts and see if I can figure out how to go from there. ;)
  3. AV Loyal Player

With SP that low it's really hard to say, as power consumption considerations can be very different. I can say unequivocally that 12s damage fields like Inferno end up being pretty bad for Might in practice (especially in group content). I think if you can afford that power-wise that you'd be able to afford any of the guide's rotations as reliably, especially since a lot of Fire's rotations are extremely efficient. The only caveat would be that w/o Solar Amp at 160+ you'd have to use one of the Meteor Strike or Grim PI AoE variants in raid hallways but all of the ST rotations would be just as viable with your current arti situation.

Again though, it sounds like you're still in the relative early game so it's hard to crystal ball for you. If you're not running out of power you'll be fine but if you are you might want to consider a hybrid build until higher up.
    • Like x 2
  4. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

AV gave great explanations. As you are very early in the game you have few Skill Points. You will notice the difference in your strength the higher your Skill Points are.
    • Like x 3
  5. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thank you both for your responses!

I ran TSDr as a fire DPS tonight and came in first on the dps chart, both in overall damage and boss damage.
    The closest DPS to me came in 10 mil less.

I know it's not the best barometer to use but this is the first time in meaningful content I've done this since I started playing at the beginning of Oct

Thanks again!
    • Like x 3
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yo AV, melee rage, so do either of BWL’s passives beat out Diana? Or are they worth swapping out cyborg for if there’s an adequate troll?
  7. AV Loyal Player

It's effectively impossible for a buff troll to keep a properly maxed out Rage melee ST rotation powered but with Cyborg they'll powered enough that they can sustain rotation indefinitely with Soder factored. Maxed out melee AoE rotations are more power hungry but aren't sustained for as long so aren't so much of an issue.

In reg players can use whatever they want for it but will find they bottom out a bit too quickly if they aren't using Cyborg. For current-tier Elite, they'll usually need both Cyborg and Flashpoint Batman's Sole Detective anyways.
    • Like x 1
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Ok so Diana vs BWL?
    I love cyborg so much lol.
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I can confirm what AV says, a troll isn't going to be able to keep melee Rage's power pool in working condition. With cyborg and cola you can practically go ham all day.
    I use cyborg and bwl as my passives, when bwl's power Regen card flips up, you can tell the difference with your power climbing back up. If you're lucky enough, that'll keep you going without a cola, but rng on his cards usually keeps me popping cola here and there (on bosses).
    • Like x 2
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yea I certainly haven’t found any batteries willing to spam for me lol.
    I know with how much we break out Diana is awesome, I’m leveling bwl basically just because, gonna use with my tank because I don’t really need Allie’s tanking, especially in regular anyway, thought the debuff would be cooler if a tank is using it for e everyone else, but wasn’t sure if it was good enough with its card passive to replace Diana’s almost constant might buff .
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It's all about preference. I'm not gonna say giggling Batman is awesome above all, but I will say his power card has saved me from popping a cola a few times (and he's not max level). The critical card is nice too, with using trans-league buff-critical cookie, you get %50 crit chance (highest I've seen on my battle log is %61 crits). So, I kinda like bwl.

Once I can level it on an alt, I'm guessing I'll be enjoying the health buff too, for tetra buffing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

Yea I’ll definitely be trying him out, thanks for the heads up :)
    • Like x 1
  13. timeezy9 New Player

Still kinda new to the game, just playing casually. What dps power doesn't need a high level arti to do decent? (I can probs do 3 lv80 artis). Also, what power will function decently with low skill points? Thanks guys!
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Munitions is probably the definition of low in, high out.
    • Like x 1
  15. AV Loyal Player

You'd get the same from all them in that regard really. The caveat there would be that some artifacts are kinda useless until they're maxed so rotations and artis would have to be adjusted for what tools you have
  16. NissanSilvia New Player

What artifacts do you use on Soul Shard Munitiions? Solar + Grim? Ty
  17. AV Loyal Player

The demo is using Grim as it predated Quislet but in practice for Muni pet build you'd probably want Solar Source Quislet for that.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/guides/guides-combat-basics-action-combos-mechanics-dcuo

Mental dps, might, CR 357, staff... a power efficient build that works well, SPs 436. all Might origin augments, maxed. I'm ranking up latest might adaptive augments, did vitalization first. Bottled City Soder. artifacts from the top rank 160 Solar Amp, 163 Transformation, 150 Tetrahedron of Urgrund.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    2. Psychic Shock
    3. Mass Terror
    4. Amplified heat Vision
    5. Terrorize
    6. Bastion

When npcs grouped tightly, 1,2,3,2,3,1,2,3,2,3,1,2,3,repeat When solo npc 1,2,3,4,2,3,1,2,3,4,2,3., repeat.
    Use a Might soder cola or seasonal dps stat bonus. Trinkets: Mother box T3, Henchmen: Circe Bestiamorphs, any Uplink Device.

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/guides/guides-combat-basics-action-combos-mechanics-dcuo

Mental Controller, CR 357 SPs 436. gives power, uses 3 debuffs, boosts precision of others, and does damage. all Vitalization origin augments, maxed. Bottled City Soder. artifacts from the top rank 168 Parasite, 162 Rao, 137 Strategist. (my Claw of Aelkhünd is rank 122, working on that one)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    2. Phantom Flames
    3. Psychic Empowerment
    4. Cryokinesis
    5. Horrific Visage
    6. Bastion

to give npcs less chance to do anything: 3 before attack (boost weapon attack damage for u and 3 others), 5, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, repeat. Tank may or may not be able to group up npcs while constantly using my powers, sometimes i pause to let the tank group them together. 1 does damage, especially with some SPs into power crit chance and crit magnitude after maxing vitalization. Use a Vitalization soder cola or seasonal stat bonus. Trinkets: Mother box T3, Henchmen: Circe Bestiamorphs, any Uplink Device.

Utilize the Terrified enemies take additional damage. Oh, have a base/lair and use white mods in gear along with generator mods. My league/society, one other logs in rarely, often i forget to get the +3% damage, +3% might and precision, +3% support stats for a month. maxed allies. swap out oribital strike for supply drop when necessary in the middle of a fight.

side note, dictionary for forum? :oops: has these underlines (indicating misspelling, i guess): Bestiamorphs oribital Uplink soder Cryokinesis Aelkhünd debuffs Urgrund... know your audience and your own platform/game's terms, gosh. :rolleyes:

that recent thread about less encased npc enemies is preferable, i changed my loadout for controller role. moved Horrific Visage to 4 and added Reflect Pain to 5. While browsing abilities, wished the abilities that said add damage to weapons for a short time... specified how much time it was. Switched the leg base leg white mod from Cryokinesis to Phantom Flames too. I only rarely used that Cryo ability, with ice tanks or someone with ice powers in the group.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Is the steam guide going to be updated again? there have been a lot of changes since last update
    • Like x 2
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

I would particularly be interested in an update to all the recommendations for Allie’s and arts!
    I know how much work was put into this, I still send players here all the time, it’s the single most useful guide ever created for this game save maybe the artifact guide.
    • Like x 1