Might as well do this for pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by |The 3rror, Nov 30, 2020.

1. |The 3rror Committed Player

Since there won’t be any update in the future for pvp might as well give pvp bonus marks since everyone mainly do pve and there’s still some players do pvp for styles or just need the gear token of merits‍♂️
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I don't dislike your idea or anything but will say this, you don't shine a light on something you don't want people seeing.
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

IDK, maybe they could try rotating the 4, 5 and 8 man instances like they do for Legends PVE, a bonus week would be cool....

Just act like there's nothing wrong.
  4. hazard099 Active Player

maybe include rare items to win in pvp or exclusive emblems to win in pvp
    • Like x 1
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Here's what they did for PVP, allowing everyone to cheat their way to feat completion (by trading wins):

Chat
    • Players can now tell/say/shout and proximity voice chat with other players of the opposite faction
  6. Lara Committed Player

7. hazard099 Active Player

if you could only get the new henchmen in pvp it would be packed and maybe get some attention
  8. Thomas Wayne II New Player

The Owlman supports this Idea.
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there were people who did this for PVP feats all the way back in the beginning of the game that's not a new thing
  10. Wildcat Committed Player

There is soo much money on pvp.. they just need to think and make it work
    they should just create more characters for 10$ or 15$ (not as legendary perk)

(Everyone here wants Lobo!)

promote legends by ads or turnaments
    more maps like atlantis for example

New system to play:
    - one person is an very huge version of Trigon or Validus and 8 or 4 players as iconics trying to defeat (that person) Trigon or Validus
    (system will chose an charater 4 You and Your friends - randomly)

Legends Surrival Mode/ Mercenary mode
    - Try to defeat as many enemies as You can (as iconic) in around 2 mins or more (if You find an extra time bonus- up to 15 or 20 mins)
    - large map. // event up to 4 players (or just one) (longer alive - more loot for You)

some people will join this game just for legends.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure I'd consider this 'cheating' really. If you are running 4x4s with a group against 4 random queue'd opponents...is that 'cheating'? If you are running an OP power or LPVE legend that is broken...is that 'cheating'? I'd actually say those 2 are more 'cheating' than trade wins as in trades, all parties are aware and agree to the situation. In these others, the full....communicating...OP or broken LPVE...group has a definite unfair advantage over some randoms.

Cheese? Maybe....'Cheating'...no.

And before you ask, yes... I have done Trade wins before. Not all, but some. Mainly because 8v8s haven't popped in years and I can't stand around waiting on one, dueling in the WT/HOD for 2 hours...win or lose. I'd be fine with losing if they would be popping reasonably fast...I'd get my wins in eventually.
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Yes it’s cheating, win trading is cheating. If I weren’t on my phone I’d pull up the quote from mepps. Is it the same as hacking or other serious exploits? Of course not, but it’s still cheating. Anyone who has got their feats this way cheated this system and other players by doing this. In fairness despite mepps post stating win trading is cheating he seems not to care at all if people openly admit to doing it on the forums. Cos of course they only care about cheating when it affects their wallet.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No offense, but regardless of someone's 'feeling' that it's cheating, unless someone is manipulating the game code, I'm not sure how it would be against the TOS. I don't think anywhere in the TOS it says you can't purposely suck in content(I'll have to go re-read it I guess)...if so, there are a LOT of stabilizer run squatters who need a ban....event runs too. People lay down in duels too....is that cheating? For that matter, people stand in areas where there are cogs to push with their duel indicator on, so unsuspecting noobs can challenge them to a duel...then get destroyed....is that cheating? How about getting your player bounties by knocking out still leveling players in OW PvP when you are 20x their strength....cheating or no? If the ban hammer starts swinging, it better swing for all of that stuff too, because it's all basically the same thing....worse in most cases because the other people involved are really the ones being cheated there.

I feel that having your M2 Elite gear by doing just the cards over and over is cheating....is it? Resetting 1st boss and replaying is not against TOS, and we all know people who did that.

And how is it cheating another player? Another player who is not even involved in the transaction...say you for instance? How were you cheated? Because I have an SP you don't or maybe that you do, but 'earned' while the game was new and PVP was 1/2 of the content running and popping frequently? Is having 'back from the hack' feat cheating me? I can't get it because I wasn't here for it. I feel cheated by that.

I'm not saying it isn't cheesy...it is. But until PvP makes a comeback (won't happen anytime soon) or there is some incentive to get people to run PVP...especially 8v8's, it's one of the only methods of even getting into the runs short of being queued for hours. Maybe we'd be better off if they worried about people who are speedhacking, or using known exploits like broken legends/powers. Or worrying about gold or PSN card sellers which are 100% against the TOS...people who blatantly shout in open chat about selling accounts or cashapp money...no grey area there.
  14. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

I never mentioned anything about feelings I specifically said mepps clarified this but whatever. I had a similar convo with Lorax and Zoe only a few months ago and brought up quotes from mepps. Sadly that thread isn’t in my history which means it was probably disappeared. All that is to say that I really don’t feel like doing the work again, especially with such a snarky response. Even setting my feelings aside it’s just plain logic. Why do you think scrims don’t grant feats or marks if the devs are so happy for you to win trade? Up to you whether you wanna believe it or make up more rhetoric about unfair situations which have nothing to do with cheating.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, I wasn't referring to your feelings. I meant if Mepps 'feels' it's against the TOS, I'd like to see the line that says you can't do it. Just as a refresher, I went and looked at it again and other than messing with the code of the game, or making a way to play unattended (macros...which BTW, many PC players use blatently), 90% of the gameplay part of the TOS is regarding social conduct. There are mentions of selling accounts and such, but nothing about co-ordiating an effort with other players to work on feats normally meant to pit players against each other. Now...as he's the community manager, his feelings do count obviously...but not more than the TOS.

And Mepps, I'm not looking to start a fight...If you read this, before throwing a ban at me, I'd just like to know the line in the TOS that covers 'trade wins'.

I really have no need for trade wins, so if it gets added to TOS, I'll be 100% behind it being referred to as cheating.

BTW...you didn't answer the questions posed....do you believe those other things are cheating as well? I'd guess yes, in which it's at least a consistent view.
  16. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Feel free to check with Mepps, all I know is the devs have always been technically officially against it, but it's also previously been a grey area, since prior to the introduction of scrims, que syncing was the only way to play competitive PvP matches. However since the introduction of scrims it's not that far of a leap to assume it's no longer a grey area.

As for the TOS there is something about not messing with systems, which is all about interpretation. Again, just going logically, one can say that the random queue is supposed to be random, ergo any attempts to circumvent the randomness of the system is tantamount to making the game play in an unintended way. Feel free to interpret that differently, last time I discussed it the others didn't seem convinced but I think that's pretty clear cut.

Plus then there is a whole slew of threads about people throwing matches after the introduction of loser marks and the devs again making it clear that they are against throwing matches.

We are in a different era of dcuo anyway, for an interesting read go and search queue syncing or win trading and watch how the replies from the community go from disgust and admonishment years back to open admission these days.

As I said before i'm not saying your as bad as a hacker or something but ultimately, it's not the intended way of play, as clarified by the devs multiple times over the years, even if we leave technicalities like against TOS aside, it's something they have clearly stated....Just a long time ago, so it probably would be good to get an update on their stance.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And that is the big difference between now and the days of old. Back then PVP was a big part of the game. Heck, for a while it was at least 1/2 of the game if not a bit more. However with more and more PVE content and more and more PVP issues, it's dropped off to almost nothing...again, mostly on 8v8s. 2v2s or 1v1s are still viable and 4's and 5's are a mixed bag. As you said people did this back in the day...and back then I'd say it was a bit shadier as queues popped more often. Today that's not the case and co-ordinating 2 groups to get in is about the only way you will get a win OR a loss in 8's. You refer to 'playing the game in an unintended way'. I'd guess 4-5 hour queue times for a pvp match was never intended either...but that is the alternative.

And I'd rather see people have to trade than come in here and beg about the fact the PVP feats are 'impossible' so they should be given out. Guess I'm a 'lesser of 2 evils' kind of guy. I'd also guess it's why although it's not approved by the Devs, it's not being punished either. They are aware of the 'not great' situation...have admitted they have no plans to fix or change it...so we are left to deal with it as best we can.
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Sure it’s cheating but lets be real. You can’t exactly get those feats by being legit anymore. For the sake of it. They might as well just give everybody every pvp feat and get on with it since PVP ain’t gonna get touched anyways.

I’m huge on pvp and got a majority of the pvp feats but if PVP is this dead and there’s no real chance we can legit get these feats. Might as well just hand em out if the only way you can really play pvp is by trading wins which is “cheating”
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Defense exhibit A. At least with trades you have to 'earn' the points by organizing the effort. Some people can't even be bothered for that.
    Assuming these are the only 2 viable choices...which is worse in your opinion?
  20. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Cheating or handing out the feats?

Personally handing out the feats will have a huge response in the community. Some; mainly PVP players would be mad but the PVE side which is catered to anyways will have a mostly positive attitude towards it. It really depends on the side you’re on, but at the end of the day players care a ton about feats, and if access to those feats is restricted to what the devs see as cheating. Might as well just hand em out because getting those feats are impossible without trading wins.

I see it as this. If the feat is in the feat page. Players should have an opportunity at getting said feats but if the only way you can get those feats are through a method of “cheating” then hand em out since PVP is neglected to oblivion anyways.