Mics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (Gameplay Discussion)' started by JohnnyMagic, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Bzzzztt Active Player

Also well worth mentioning: Some players (myself included) are hearing impaired.

So if somebody in your group doesn't appear to be paying attention to your well meant advice or suggestions (or your whiny self centered semi-illiterate rant, as the case may be ;P ), please try the text chat, just in case.
    • Like x 1
  2. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I really hate using my mic. I really only talk soaringly to league mates and friends.

Other than that catch me in the chat box.
    • Like x 1
  3. Schimaera Loyal Player

- I use discord
    - too often someone doesn't use PTT and I hear children crying, garbage music or other annoying sounds. No thanks
    - people talking in their native tongue. Don't understand that so I don't wanna hear it. Doesn't benefit me.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Committed Player

I always have my headset on if running in a group (Pug or friends) but will stay muted for many of the reasons mentioned above. If I don't see anyone in group or instance, or if we are running mindless 'get er done' stuff like low level cat runs or 303/333/etc I might go to whatever channel, League or private, I was in before joining the group. Assuming I stay in the group/instance chat I'll mostly just listen in in case something is said I need to hear. If I need to add something or someone says something I feel like chiming in on, I'll unmute (button on the headset....can't stand PTT, but that's me). Communication is key in a lot of runs, but for some it's only social and there are a lot of people on this game I'd care not to socialize with. I've met some good people I still run regular with by staying in chat and realizing they are cool people, but I've also added a lot of people to ignore after some annoying chatter(1-10 ratio maybe?). And normally I will notice if someone puts in a group text 'come to chat' and will go in case something is being said...yes, people need to watch the chat box if they are not going to be in channel. Had to kick a low level guy who was in ToTD with my group last week. Repeatedly put in text chat to quit attacking the essence so our tank could kill it...sent tells even. Repeatedly told the guy to come to instance chat...did not. Had to kick him after a few times wiping to regroup. Ironically, he sent one of my friends a tell after saying 'why did you kick me?'. So I guess he knew about chat...just chose to ignore it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It sounds like folks have *drop the mic*
    • Like x 2
  6. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Players with common sense know to pay attention to chat or just go to instance chat.