Meteor after GU23

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MARK2099, Feb 20, 2013.

1. MARK2099 New Player

Really devs? this was supposed to be a revamp not a nerf update, i try to use meteor and that stupid meteor never appear in my hand, and the random times manage to appear in my hand took over 3 seconds, also i can't throw i keep getting a stupid animation but nothing or if manage to throw it do it it slow not like before the revamp, bring back the old meteor if gonna be broken the new one, i used meteor and throw now i can't throw and the other version is lame explode on impact also do less damage than before the update.

Is not the only lame power, overheat is nothing like electrogenesis, the extra damage with inmolation active barely notice also use a lot of power and don't even last as much as inferno/enflame, i don't even wanna try spontaneous combustion if 2 powers are already broken and not even in line compare to others in damage and power usage.

Nothing new to tank, still the lame hit aoe then block in pve, pvp still can't use inmolation/burning determination while counter.
  2. AIpha New Player

we told you guys you didn't want it early but no don't listen to the people on the test servers telling the devs it isn't ready yet. What are we for if they are just going to blow us off?
  3. MARK2099 New Player

After more testing, it seem when finally the stupid meteor appear in my hands after 2 to 3 long seconds when i throw from far or close rarely hit enemies, also if hit is no more than 2 or 3, before the revamp meteor use to hit everything in his path (test in starlab t3 solo challenge villain side since in the first room all enemies get together in the small hallway next to the soldier, i try so many times and the stupid meteor couldn't damage more than 1 or 2 at the same time due never hit enemies, how is that now not only rarely hit also doing a lame damage? was that the purpose of the revamp? fire was a garbage power in pvp due their burst and dots were not better than most powers, and after revamp you devs took one of the few useful powers am i right? also add a power which i keep testing and find a waste of slot dots last only 6 seconds, even under inmolation effect the extra damage is not really different, use lot of power compare to enflame and hit less.

Is that devs idea of revamp nerf a power who was almost useless in pvp then leave the revamp out of the update, as for now is like mental, end worse after the revamp due the so called fixes.
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

There's 2 Meteors now. There's Meteor and there's Meteor Strike. Use the Strike and it'll be similar to the old power but it won't stay on the ground (will explode on contact).
  5. Sionn Committed Player

I tried it on test, and it proved to be horrible. I can't even comprehend how anyone thought this was good idea. There is ZERO point to ever use it now.

No, it's not the same as picking up the old one and throwing it. The one that appears in your hands does less damage, hits fewer targets, and is pretty much useless.
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

I actually tried to convince myself that the new meteor would be better... so this is actually a nerf as well?
  7. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Well, I hated the last meteor... I blocked line of site.. Hurt my fire burst... It was toilet.. So I didn't use it then and I guess I won't use it now!!!
    • Like x 1
  8. xzombiex New Player

This is horrible I am a fire tank always have been same thing nothing changed at all. What's worse is now the animation I can't see my character I'm a spark small and I'm invisible now lol. I really wish they pushed it back again to listen to the testers.
  9. MARK2099 New Player

That one is lame, the damage is subpar for the power consumption, the old meteor used to be good because not only do damage when fall from sky, also you could pick and throw for decent damage (over 1k in critical and hit everything in his path) and was a good barrier for pvp due LOS, i used meteor then clip with fiery weapon to cancel animation and get the damage from meteor also be there got a few seconds to throw it or ask a mental to use tk, now i can't do that, if i try to clip the meteor with fiery weapon sometimes don't even appear in my hand but use the power and i get stuck in the dumb animation, even if appear take 2 to 3 seconds and the damage is subpar when throwing and now rarely hit enemies far or close either way meteor get nerf.

More testing it seem fiery weapon is not working, unless the damage is invisible in screen and combat log, is not doing any extra damage when proc, gonna give a try spontaneous combustion but if is subpar too then devs shame on you to leave power who was bad even worse after revamp for pvp, still tank got no love, you could atleast remove the op burning ticks (7 or less lol) from BD to make able to use while counter, my only breakout is burnout, ice got multiple breakouts on top 50% dm in ice form.
  10. Sionn Committed Player

Well then that's your failure. For those of us who know how to use it effectively are suffering for your poor game play.
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

MENTAL NERF WITH A NEW FLARE!
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

The new meteor is a worthless power now imo
    • Like x 2
  13. Doc Holliday New Player

It always has been to a raid group in general with the line of site blocking.
  14. Sionn Committed Player

Yeah well, many of us don't give a crap about what happens in a raid. It's great for other content. It must stink that some people are too dumb to pick it up, and throw it at their target.
  15. Evil Moopie New Player

Meteor was one of my favorite powers (well, not in raids of course)! It knocked down and blocked LOS from enemies in like 4 200+ ticks, giving you the perfect time to charge up your fireburst and release it right when your meteor self destructed...OR did like triple damage if you throw it.

Now it does like one tick for 400. >_>
  16. BRUDHAWALT New Player

there are tons of reasons why they changed the meteor..... im not going to list them you should go read the test forums to find out why! not make a thread crying about it....

you to should go read the test forums and stop crying also ..... IMO they did nothing but FIX the meatball

WAY TO GO DEVS! GOOOD WORK!
  17. Sionn Committed Player

LOL, it wasn't a "fix" WTH is wrong with you? Just because you hated it does not mean that others didn't love how it worked. ****
  18. Doc Holliday New Player

But many of us do give a dang.
  19. Ryndex New Player

Now we know how Russia feels, I guess...
  20. Quagmire New Player

When I throw the new meteor it does around 1.3k crit, 650 non crit. BUT only works on one ad, if you throw it at multiple ads at once, no damage will register but they will be knocked down (wont be knocked down in raids)
    I posted a bug in arkham asylum but it already got buried in just 5 minutes.