Metal TC thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by willflynne, Aug 21, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So I watched the livestream (shame on you for skipping breakfast, NerdofPrey, it's the most important meal of the day!).

Of the collections I'm liking the Ink material. Think I could put that to use on my Light character's Black Lantern look. The aura and Minotaur head look good but aren't must-haves for me.

The Metal Chromas look great, and I've already got some ideas on where some might be used on characters. The auras looked really good too; can't wait to throw the Red Umbral aura on my main villain, as it should mix well with the Negative Speed Force material.

Oddly enough, though, I wasn't feeling the Laughing Knight gear. It's not that it looks bad (both the regular and enhanced versions have awesome detail on them) but it just wasn't clicking with me and I couldn't think of any characters who could use the pieces. It's probably the first gear set from a TC that I'm not going to actively pursue since the Qwardian set. Great work on the set, but it's just not for me, I guess.

Other thoughts?
    • Like x 1
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I think i'll pass on this one and save up stabilizers for a mega capsule or two. I do think the Minotaur helmet looks cool though reminds me of Brutal Legend.
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Didn’t watch the stream, but I’m guessing the metal chromas are the rare drops like the Lightning eyes, Lantern Sword orbital, etc?
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'll get all the items for the feats, but other than the Red and Green Metal stuff and the Ink Material, I have no interest in the stuff. What I don't get from my 50 or so Stabilizers I have saved up I will buy off the broker and sell what I don't need. As always I refuse to give Daybreak any money for the Time Capsules at full price (I only buy Stabilizers when they were on sale).
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Think the rare drop like that is the card accessory, randomly pops up three or four of the tarot cards used by the Batman Who Laughs.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont know how to put pictures on the forums... but this armor & character when i read the comic looked alot like edward Scissor hands to me....

I am gonna use those shoulders on my main man chest style whenever i use it.

Like i said before, these next dlc if all the gear is batman inspired, wont be for everybody.. mostlu only the cosplayers will get use out of it
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it. LOL I wouldn't be surprised now if some of those pieces got used for a DCUO Scissorhands look in the costume thread. :D
    • Like x 1
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'm only interested in the Green aura and the Dark and Green materials the rest is a pass.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nope.
    • Like x 2
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Quick rundown of the stuff, forgot to list all of it in my first post LOL

Collection rewards:
    • Minotaur head
    • Ink Material
    • Orange Flux Fire Aura (think that's the full name)
    Auras:
    • Pink Ultimate
    • Blue Energy Vortex
    • Green Mystic (gonna look great for Alan Scott looks)
    • Red Umbral
    Metal Chroma packs:
    • Red (based on Red Death)
    • Purple (based on Barbatos)
    • Green (based on Dawnbringer)
    • Bronze (based on The Drowned)
    • Blue (based on The Merciless)
    • Dark (based on The Batman Who Laughs)
    Laughing Knight gear (regular and enhanced versions)
    And the rare drop I mentioned to EconoKnight (can't remember the name offhand now, though)
    • Like x 4
  11. Jcal Dedicated Player

I didn't really like much of what was shown, except for the Laughing gear. And even then, I'm really just interested in the coat. But this Chroma surprise is big. Can't wait to see what the future brings.

Now I REALLY want another Amazon/WW TC with some Amazon Chromas!
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

After seeing the Red Metal Chroma, there's a part of me wondering about the possibility of some Powerset-style Chroma materials. One of the channels on the Red seemed to have a glow to it, and if that is the case I wonder if they could do that using the Powerset materials.

Thinking maybe some gold/bronze colors with an Amazon Chroma?
    • Like x 5
  13. inferno Loyal Player

The problem with chroma is there's just no way of knowing which version to equip to your style until you do so. Having said that, it looks cool.

The tarot cards is an interesting addition. The Bull's head, i'm curious to see on a brute-sized toon because the neck seems a little thin. The Fire aura seems it projects more towards the back and less at the front. Plus, I think it would have looked cooler if the fire streams looked more like fireballs instead.

The new dark material has potential, it keeps reminding me of Anubis from SG-1.

Of all the Auras, the Dark Umbral literally mesmerizes you. Which is why the others looked lack luster. Sorry, but if you make something that good, you automatically make the rest kinda "Meh".

Finally, The Laughing style. There are very few things to pick on this work. It translates perfectly what was in the comics. Very much like the Red Death tc style this nears perfection. If I had to change things, I can think of two. Separate the grin from the helmet; there's a point in another series where there's no grin yet. That would have been a cool option. I would have the back chain thicker, maybe a little longer with maybe a few more strands? This would have been a good time to add into Tc rewards of new emotes in game...say a laughing one with a laughter track.

This is good stuff for TCs, i'm kinda disappointed but only because I wanted more stuff from Dark Nights but I really hope we get more from the coming episodes. I'm still hoping for a Robin-crows styled henchmen.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I think the issue w this whole comic story line is that people who respect the batman character & dont care much for the alt world stories wont understand this dlc ... I myself hated the whole bruce was destined to become batman bc of this ancient evil force, i love flashpoint & how that story does time shifts, i even liked origin crisis.. but for dc comics to publish a story like this one was a little off to me, and ive read alot of weird funky comics..

But a lot of people wanted to see this story in game. I respect the devs for listening to players.
  15. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

16. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol save more? I think most people who play pretty regularly are sitting on a few dozen right now.
    • Like x 1
  17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

So? o_O?

also I have 7 fragments at the moment that's it

but also....So? o_O?
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

You be you dude.
    • Like x 4
  19. Rainnifer Committed Player

I've been wanting to get a Chroma material ever since those other ones that released, I'm excited for these. Though unlike others I have no stabilizers saved up. All have been used on the Atlantean Capsules for Bio material.. still being used.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well, mayb....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3