METAL PART I Artifact Ranks or New ones

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FlawlessTime, Aug 8, 2019.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

* The episode will launch new player rewards, including new gear, styles, artifact ranks, base items, and feats.

This is on the home page I saw this section about Metal part 1 but on the Announcement section it says this about Metal part 1

*The episode will launch new player rewards, including new gear, styles, artifacts, base items, and feats.

To find both of these quotes just look for Mrtal part 1 and its the last section about it . I was extremely curious about this and what it means.
    • Like x 1
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The bonus for rank 200 would likely be so tiny that only completionists would go for it.
    • Like x 4
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

or it will be so sweet and all yours immediately for fifty bucks...
    • Like x 8
  4. Controller Devoted Player

Will be interesting to see the stats with this update -

The Rao Amulet tops off at 40% at level 160....will 50% be the goal with level 200?

That is a POWERFUL tool to have in your tool chest - not required to complete content but to weaken bosses and adds it certainly helps.
    • Like x 1
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Unless they come up with some kind of super Nth Metal or some other catalysts required to build up the artifacts, it's going to take at least as much Nth metal to get from 160 to 180 that it did to get from zero to 160 in the first place... never mind what it's going to take to get from 180 to 200... and a breakthrough to those key levels will have a 5% and 2% chance of success, respectively.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

My venum dispenser prec artfiact should be touching a 60% increase when i hit the weapon buff power. More reason for me to continue to flock to precision over might
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Until they release an artifact that does the same for Might-based that Venom Wrist Dispenser does for Precision-based...
    • Like x 2
  8. Sleepis4theRich Active Player

im hoping that happens with these next artifacts im honestly tired of doing flurry shot and their is no other reliable weapon that is consistent or on par.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Indeed I'm very curious about some of these artifacts at ranks 160 some of them are deadly and shine . At rank 200 Oh man we just might be able to look at a boss and they turn to Dust lol ^-^ .

But yeah bud I love my Rao at 160 that 40% debuff you can melt a boss and the stronger the DPS the better lol . At Rank 200 That artifact will be More Lethal ^-^ Glorious.
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

When they've added new ranks in the past, they've also effectively increased the nth metal that drops. So far, I think we've only gotten one new breakthrough at a time, and nth metal drops were effectively doubled by removing the lowest level nth metal from normal drops (leaving it in the vault to allow feat completion) and new nth metal with higher xp was added each time. I would expect something similar here, with the weekly nth metal from the vault giving about 2 or 4 times the xp it does now (since a rank 180 artifact would require double the xp of a rank 160 artifact, and rank 200 would be double the xp of a rank 180) and eliminating the lowest xp nth metal from standard drops.

Now if they could just do something about catalysts in general. I'm tired of opening box in a box, then selecting a specific amount of each one. At this point, I'd just like either a single catalyst per breakthrough, an omni catalyst that is used at every breakthrough in varying #s, or something else that simplifies the process.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Sorry for the confusion: ranks is correct.
    • Like x 4
  12. Proxystar #Perception

So double the experience and we're talking 1.2million for rank 180 and 2.4million for rank 200 + around 5 seals of completion, so $25 per artifact, cool times lol

curiously though are some artifacts going to be exempt from level increases - the bottled city soder for example is 90%, what does that become 95% and 100%? once it's at 100% there's no further increases, right, or is that just the end of that artifact.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Please, I love DCUO so, can we have Artifacts changed so that they work like Augments, not occupying inventory space. We keep getting more and more released, and as the cap continues to increase to the point of ridiculous Nth Metal investments, we can't just consume them and then build them back later, and we can't save half a bank worth of Artifacts.
    • Like x 6
  14. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

It's 680k for 160 I think so it should be ~1.36mil for 180 and then 2.72mil for 200.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Oh I know, I was just roughly rounding ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Rainnifer Committed Player

Sounds like I have more artifact tiers to worry about when it comes to being the best I can be for groups. I'm surprised they haven't really thought of a max to stay at for these artifacts. Maybe they did but it seems like the buffs from the artifacts can only become so good, they'll start having to design content around these overpowered artifacts. Players with lower artifacts will suffer until they can get them up. Artifacts are definitely becoming less and less "optional" for play styles.
    Are the current stats and buffs from artifacts going to be tweaked around to accommodate the new ranks or is it really just going to be flat out higher bonuses? Going to be interesting to see any new types of effects and abilities provided from existing artifacts.
    • Like x 4
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Can Solar Amplifier's beam color turn Xa-Du gold at 200? pretty please
    • Like x 2
  18. Cyro Committed Player

Yea people in the thread are talking about how great the artifacts will be at 200 but they are just going to buff content so new players suffer more and more. Hopefully they do more double nth if they are adding yet another rank(s)
    • Like x 9
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

i remember when dc was alt friendly. all the events & gear is fine & dandy, but artifacts kill it dead in its tracks. theres quite a few ppl that took advantage of the 32 character slot maximum. bless their souls if they manage to get 96 artifacts to 200.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Sigh, fantastic... [IMG]
    • Like x 4