In Progress Metal II: Damage Control Glitches

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by an81angel, Dec 5, 2019.

1. an81angel Well-Known Player

Part way got through to the silent school's 3rd room then wiped. The last 2 npc's wouldn't die no matter how much damage we did. We regrouped and tried again and the entire room swarmed us on the far left side and we again couldn't kill. Group disbanded, and I qued again. Loaded into the Dawnbreaker room and glitched through the floor for about 60 seconds (the screen was a psychedelic spinning free-fall of my character). Finally loaded properly and found my group was not in the starting room, but Dawnbreaker was still there. They were already in Tomb, but there was no teleport for me to catch up.

Just tried with a fresh group, wiped in the same room of silent school. Someone left, we re-opened instance, got a new person but they couldn't get past Dawnbreaker to the silent school area even though he was already defeated.
  2. an81angel Well-Known Player

Just qued for a 3rd time for this, and again was put into a group that was already past Dawnbreaker. When I got in I was in a room by myself with Dawnbreaker still alive, and no portal to get to silent school to catch up with the other group members.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Found and put in a fix internally for the warping issue. This should be Event only (if this is in Normal let me know) but you can warp back from the first map Entrance (back to Watchtower or Hall of Doom) and use the Operation Teleporter and that *should* get you back to your group you just joined.

We'll get this fix out ASAP.

For the last two NPCs that couldn't be killed, can you please explain which ones and I can investigate.
    • Like x 2
  4. an81angel Well-Known Player

Yes event version, sorry forgot to mention that earlier.

I'm pretty sure it was the Taurus room with the adept magus. The lesser mobs died just fine, but those two adepts got to about half health and then wouldn't take any more damage. So we intentionally wiped to try and reset the room. On the 3rd attempt of that room someone left the party and we reopened for a new player (which is when they couldn't get to us from the portal issue) so we fully disbanded the entire instance.

On my 5th or 6th attempt to run the instance my team managed to get past that part (where the 2 npc's initially wouldn't die), and it lead directly into the Pink minotaurs and the 3 platforms.

I only managed to get through the instance fully once - after my 6th attempt at party matching. Only the first attempt had the issue with the taurus room magus not dying. All the other attempts were issues with the warping after joining a match in progress. Hope this helps.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Sorry for the frustration. Hopefully the work around works for getting back to the group in the correct map if you come across it again.

For the Taurus room, just to clarify they with High Adept <Blank>, and not the Coralmancers? Maybe you got two High Adept Menders that couldn't die? Were they just healing each other before you focused on one to take it down? I can look into making them not spawn in Event Mode if that's the correct name. There is no data to tell them NOT to die (like the Taurus Guardians and Magus - until you do the right mechanic/steps) so I can only think they were out-healing your damage output.
    • Like x 1
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Everything was fine until the last room. Two of us were killed and respawned at the beginning. Both of us ran back to the final room and used the entry portal to resume killing the boss.

Unfortunately, we shouldn't have been in such a rush. Both of us were now in a new instance. We could see on the map the other two players were supposedly there with us but they weren't. Our room was completely empty of any NPCs.

And we couldn't Warp to Rally because it said both of us were still in combat for some reason.

All left to fight another day.
  7. an81angel Well-Known Player

High adept sounds about right, I knew it was an Adept something-or-other. As far as damage output goes, I was the highest CR 281 but I was also running full healer mode. The other members of the party were the equalized 276, no idea beyond that. So if I was running it with a bunch of lvl 15's that could have been why I kept getting all the aggro and why the 2 Adepts didn't die. I honestly don't know what the NPC's were casting, I was too focused on healing and reviving.

Thanks for the warp fix, much appreciated.
  8. BSEison Well-Known Player

Tried the event version of this alert 3 times with 2 different characters before giving up.

On the first attempt with both toons, the first scene wouldn't even load, my character was just dropping into the void.

[IMG]

The second attempt was successful until the final encounter with The Drowned. My group got our butts kicked a couple of times and part of our party chose to leave the instance. Myself and another player were left and when two other players joined us, we were somehow separated from each other, despite both duos being in the final encounter area. We were unable to phase together or find each other on any point of the map other than in chat, so that ended in a desertion, at least for me.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Zoning issues should be fixed after tomorrow's hotfix.

Short term solution is to have anyone who joins an ongoing mission (part of the group is in Atlantis already), to go back to the Watchtower or Hall of Doom and use the Operation Teleporter - that'll take you to the right zone.

The fix covers both issues as both issues are the same, just from different perspectives of the bug.
  10. BSEison Well-Known Player

Thanks for the heads up and the short term solution but probably won't try it again until I've heard it is working properly.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

The hotfix is now live for all servers.