Metal I Episode Feedback

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Sep 16, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Scarlet Speedster
    I felt this should have been the alert, Central City is a very big map for one person and this could have started off in a similar fashion to Brothers in Arms/Family Reunion. The opening mission was monotonous: run to the closest objective, fight two adds, run to the next closest objective fight ONE add, rinse and repeat until people turn metal...
    [IMG]
    The Mirror Master fight not challenging once you figure out to avoid the scarlet vortex. I think having a rotation of metal infected Rogues each time you run the solo would have been less stale. I would have really liked to see the Red Death visits Central City from the comics: just absolutely speed storm ravaged, people being swept into the atmosphere, turn up the scarlet lightning strikes a few notches so players have good reason to keep moving. Totally unrelated thought but maybe in the future: Metal Starro.

Central City Museum was Central City Museum: eight years and the same three exhibits... Hey look everyone's favorite deus ex machina is malfunctioning. The exposition from Red Death when you first meet him was so abridged why even have it? It was such an iconic origin story it should have deserved a proper cut scene. It could have gone brief glimpse of Red Death, Oracle chiming in with her usual "What was that!?", and than either a really good cut scene before and/or exposition dialogue during the final boss fight. Just my opinion.

The 'puzzle' with the posters: I didn't really get it, it felt out of place. I thought the note on the floor was funny though. It would have been really fun and possibly more challenging to actually be using the various Rogues tech with iconic loadouts/weapon combos, also have the option to ignore Oracle altogether and just run into the fight without using a Rogue's tech.

The bombs make no sense in the Red Death fight, it could have just been additional vortexes that pop up during the fight. Why are they so perfectly organized in a cute little grid? Where are the iconic 'bat-shaped' speed constructs? And the only thing I found annoying about this fight is when he stops to argue with internal Barry and he becomes immune to damage. I feel like it should be the reverse: difficult to hit/defense buff while he's running around, easy to smack while he's standing still.

Metal Gotham
    Mission givers are too far apart. I'm fine with the weekly where you have to close the portals but why is there another weekly for killing mobs? I really liked the weekly mission setup from past episodes: two to three open world bosses and gather [insert objective]. There should be a feat for killing a certain amount of metal enemies unless there is and I overlooked it.

Batcave Breach
    Do you remember when the Batcave's location was a secret and no one was allowed down there... Pepperidge Farm remembers. This entire mission was deja vu except for the fight with Bane.
    ARC fight: meh and too long. The Bane fight was different, I really like the mechanic with the Venom barrels. I feel this fight is too short if you successfully keep the barrels from reach him. Three good DPS and a Healer could melt him on day 2 of the episode. The most challenging part of this fight is the adds, why are there so many adds? Why can't bosses just bring three or four of their best men?

It's called "Batcave Breach" but we're going to Oa...
    [IMG]
    Sinestro Corps invades Oa and the only one there defending is John Stewart, Sinestro Corp invades Metropolis and they send in EVERYONE. I was half expecting invisible traps in the floor that one-shot everyone to distract from the alarming amount of adds, no such luck. I don't fully understand how the mechanic works for the Sock'em feat, and the only people I know who have the feat got it through a random glitch.

False Idols (Normal)
    Adding the Satyr Bard to the monster roster was a nice switch up. The first boss fight is fine, it's not too challenging. I think it's odd Ares' only contribution to the fight is the flame cascade. The god of war just stands in the back and holds his sword up.

The Forge Guardian fight is really up in the air. First off, when Diana says "I've never seen it so quiet.", does this imply she regularly visits the forge on Olympus? When I ran this on the first day, I solo healed it and we wiped two or three times but got through it (once with the room filling with lava, twice with the Forged Weapons). I've run this on my other characters with two healers/two tanks and still can't get past this boss. Avoiding the geysers, simple. Stopping the room form filling with lava, simple but as soon as the Forged Weapons appear is when we struggle. Even with two tanks, they can't seem to pull them fast enough and when the tanks can take control we can't burn the weapons down fast enough.

I don't have anything really positive or negative to comment about the fight with The Merciless. It's a fairly straightforward fight, nothing confusing or overly challenging.

Monsters of Metal (Normal)
    I loved the various environments. The mechanics with the various boss fights were not new yet still felt very different. This raid could have been more challenging overall, I feel with competent support roles this raid is a cakewalk.
    • Like x 3
  2. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Really good feedback, imo. I disagree about the solo being too long, but we don't always have to agree. (I just look at the warehouse with Catwoman as still there longest at level solo, and this is really short in comparison)

I could see giving one Mark per boss, but i wouldn't be upset considering the gear drops are pretty good. I just think that would be a good compromise.
    • Like x 2
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Sinestro summons a Turret Construct that powers up his bot. You have to nuke it asap like 3 times in a row to prevent his construct from beating John's. Rinse repeat. Note: When I say "nuke it asap" I mean you really have to be on point and nuke that damn thing. If you don't it will power up Sinestro's bot and he will win the fight and you'll lose the feat.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I agree there are way too many adds in the Bane fight and the (normal) Living Forge fight.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Spent almost an hour an a half in that solo today.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Don't worry - I'm ok, though:D:)....I beat the thing. Got a purple ring for my troubles, too....did NOT quit.
  6. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

The solo is fine for difficulty.

The sock'em feat in the alert u need to orbital the turrets.
    Hal Jordan got locked out on mine though n I got it.

I utterly hate the raids n a feat in false idols is bugged.The one where you kill the mercelous before wwoman does her thing. I was winning the raid n the dude in last place had 1 mill. Next I look after a Wipe n he speed hacked n had 60 Mill n he couldn't kill the mercelous before it.

Overall I like mechanics then killing bosses not do a mechanic n get drops. I utterly hate it.
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Got that feat last night it's not bugged bud. U need 2 tanks
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And I thought we were burning the turrets fast enough, there are times I don't see John or Hal powering up their robot.
  9. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Not talking about that one. Talking about burning the mercelpus before she does the drachma not the interrupted one. When Wonder woman start her timer u gotta kill him before it. Ur talking about don't let her get inrrupted during it.
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Nope I'm talking bout same feat as you. It's working just fine. Ppl are popping it
    • Like x 1
  11. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

So u move him from the coin n it unsheilds him so u can kill him???
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Nope. You have one tank pull him. The adds interrupt ww. Other tank kites them Till hes dead. If dps burn adds you wont get feat. I popped it bud ik its not glitched
    • Like x 1
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

does dcuo have a redit or a way to contact daybreak? Maybe we could get some dev insight if we spoke a little louder to where more authority can hear.
    Its not like were asking for much, just an explanation as to whats going wrong.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can PM a dev directly.
  15. Critical Massacre Committed Player

You can speed the solo up by actually collecting the repair piece before it’s actually highlighted keeping you from having to go back. Also not sure if everyone knows this but if you use the piper rogue gear, it’s the only one that lets you disarm the bombs against Red Death, because it’s music and this is Metal. But I agree mirror master is super easy and Red Death needed more story and cut scene. By the way how come we never get to see our characters in the cutscenes anymore? I liked seeing my guy going “I look cool standing there”. Seemed to start with the Shazam duo and now this solo. I’m relegated to background decoration in the operations.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was already aware you could grab the repair piece beforehand. What makes the solo feel long for me is the outside portion.