Metal Adaptive Augment rank 23 bonuses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Siramez Well-Known Player

Hey there, I would like to talk about the bonus, specifically on rank 23 and why it is really useless in the content.

Two reasons why it is useless:
    1. does not do decent damage for dps role
    2. support role doesn't get anything else besides having a dmg 'ability' with you (for example, as a tank)

Suggestions to replace the bonus with:
    1. % movement speed given when using the alloy metal in MoM raid (would be very useful in elite version)
    2. something similar to titans/atlantis rank 23 and block/reduce some damage taken by the boss (either raid)
    3. something similar to eye of gemini's artifact and give certain buff to certain role (can be useful for support role)

Before you start hating on it, please don't take this serious and feel welcomed to add or change suggestions
    or you can give me a good reason why this bonus should stay.

Thanks,
    Siramez
    • Like x 2
  2. Ully Committed Player

Absolutely not. There should be no place for level bonuses that either bypass one shot mechanics in elite or lower damage thresholds from NPCS or environmental elements. Adding such bonuses defeats the entire purpose of this tier of content (elite).
    • Like x 2
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you just cant have enough pets!
  4. Ryuvain2 Level 30

Imo Dark Robin is the coolest part of the augments.
    • Like x 2
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

The way i see it is that the rank 23 bonus grants the player the chance to save ctalysts, in-game money, seals and also the ability to make some money in return... i like this bonus.
    • Like x 2
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

I'm happy that we have some sort of Dark Robin pet but disappointed that we don't have a Henchmen Dark Robin trinket.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

They know how much we want this and it would make all the sense in the world to save it for the additional Vendor rewards in relation to a Double or Triple marks-event as they've done with all the past few episodes. The vendor is probably our best bet for these Henchmen so far, i'd be quite surprised if it didn't make it there.

If it doesn't, maybe they'll save it for a Metal Part 2 Time Capsule tied to the next episode. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

So much this, lol. I couldn't complain about having all my catalysts sold for 10-15mil each the first few days of the Episode going Live. :D
  9. Siramez Well-Known Player

atlantis, titans and JLD does this? they all 3 have the bonus to 'reduce' dmg or bypass the NPCs ability, which defeats the purpose of doing elite riads of said dlc's.
  10. Siramez Well-Known Player

true but what if you need the feat?
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Just because they existed in the past doesn't mean they should continue. Having bonuses that minimize damage or remove one-shot capability is not right in my eyes either. Now I'm not saying that the current Rank 23 is amazing or anything, but it is a neat ability. I think Rank 23 should have been to summon 2 more Robins for a total of 3 instead of just the one doing more damage.
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd rather want to see this: 1x "Grants immunity to Gorgon Stone Gaze Ability" - 2x "Grats immunity to be picked up by the Pheonix"
    (both for False Idols) :D

...Wont happen anyway :)
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

you get one core augment to rank 23 for the feat all other cores for both roles remain on 22 at best.

I usually go with 6 cores, 2x support and 2x might +2x prec ... not needing to go for all on 23 saves so much money and seals :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's precisely what happened with the JLD, Atlantis, and TT:JC ones. Having a Dark Phylactery augment at 23 reduced damage from the madness in Shattered Gotham. Cybernetic Cores saw you taking less environmental damage. Enchanted Coral would reduce damage from the Sea Beast's slam attacks. All of these would certainly give you some kind of advantage in completing those raids, especially the elite ones. Now, they didn't bypass one-shot mechanics but they did make life a little easier for you and your healers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ully Committed Player

Just because we've had them in previous DLC's, doesn't mean they belong in elite level content. What's the point of adding difficult mechanics, if the augments are going to "make it easier" for the content in elite. The whole point of elite is for it to be difficult. Of course, that in and of itself will garner different views, but in my opinion, augments should never grant bonuses that alleviate devastating mechanics. Also, the level 23 augments in the Atlantis DLC, bypass the Seas Beast's 1 shot charge in Throne E.
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

On previous episodes, I had been using seals of completion on the final breakthrough to get 6 augments to 23 (troll, prec and might); but this time I’ll just do the two for troll and won’t worry about getting the rest to 23.

Don’t care about getting the rare chance for a 3 second vanity pet. I’ll only do the second augment for troll to have a matched set.

Revenue lost - 18 bucks.
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That is the whole point of leveling up the augments! They get you some kind of advantage... whether it's a damage reduction or extra damage done, increased healing, greater power restoration, increased defense buffs... And besides, even with the stuff that makes it easier, too many people still have problems with actually executing the mechanics, and no amount of buffing in the world from augments, increased CR, etc, is going to save anyone from the idiots who refuse to do mechanics.
    • Like x 1