Mental

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hellclown127!, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Pretty much this.

All of my other characters (Electric, Ice, Fire, Nature) can use an effective hybrid style of combat if pure Might isn't sufficient (especially Galvana, who can functionally go from Hybrid Electric to Pure Might using the same rotation).

Mental's Precision playability looks great by comparison because the Might side is so crunchy right now; and I'm not gonna lie, it DOES work, but mostly by replacing one extreme operational paradigm with another. There's not a good functional "middle ground" though. I would probably be Actually Mad if Precision Only wasn't a viable option right now (and it is, so...) but as it stands? Mental's not the critter it was.

As for Supercharge? I've been using NVB (See : Full Precision) and you know, it cooks, but still ... "wouldn't it be nice".
  2. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

I'm not personally having problems with my shield. All I'm saying is make it more manageable. Mental has a lot of problems that need to be addressed and fixed, just on the troll side of it lower bastion's cooldown please.
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

how is the double cast of psychic shock (and telekinesis and cryokinesis for that matter) beneficial to you as a troll? it fires off too quickly to be beneficial. you only hit one target (unless the ad youre hitting has like zero health and dies so the second cast goes to a different target)

its not needed. it wastes power and time i can be doing things like pick ups, hitting cogs and reviving downed teammates. it gets in the way of blocking or rolling out of a one shot.

if you want your debuffs to hit multiple targets we have an artifact for that that applies to all troll powers. i'd rather see the power fixed (in this case i think its because there is no cool down on those abilities).
    • Like x 2
  4. CharlesQuester Active Player

As a long time (on and off) Mental player as it stands right now the power is a little wonky. The Controller side is the most stable with the main issue being the auto double casting of some powers....mainly Psyhic Shock. It throws you off because you think you have cast another power right after but it was stopped by the double cast. The DPS side is really....lame right now. The powers just don't hit hard. And then there is the whole switching from one power interaction to another. And the powers that switch interactions don't hit particularly hard. The loadout that hits hard requires you using close range powers, one of which is Sonic Cry (from Iconic powers), has you all kissy face with the ads, bosses and bounties. Psychic Prison should cast out onto enemies instead of at your own feet.

Visually Mental has always been bottom of the barrel. From having pink powers to start (from 2011 to 2016 or 2017) to now some powers having waaayyy too many effects. Psychic Empowerment gives you spaghetti head AND swirling amebas....Mass Levitation gives enemies a bubble AND the Mass Terror visual on them....Psychic Prison has that overpowering visual effect as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

Just wanted to pop in and say that Quantum's defense debuff cooldown is only about 3 seconds, which isn't long, and it has 2 personal shields as well not counting any iconics or supercharge, one of which can teleport you away from danger or towards pickups etc. Not to mention its "supercharge game" is very great. Where's the disadvantage for balance there?
    • Like x 3
  6. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Exactly.

Also anyone else noticing a serious lack of communication from the Dev's? Not just this thread but in just the last month theres been at least 30 threads with no comments. I'm just saying, combine that with drop rates and everything else its ridiculous.
  7. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Mental problems that need to be looked into/fixed:

8-man group supercharge Bastion, Drop from 60 second cooldown to 30 second cooldown, like the other troll powers have.

Invisibility transformation, delay and auto de-transformation without using any abilities.

Several abilities' power cost (aka psychic prison among others) is too high for any competitive loadouts.

Certain troll abilities overwriting/cancelling Horrific Visage as if it was never cast. (Phantom flames/Psychic Shock) These two abilities in particular seem to like double casting and in some cases during content cancel out Horrific Visage as if it was never used and cooldown of Horrific Visage not started.

This is a common census of what I've seen discussed in this thread among others as well as DCUO youtubers posting videos on builds. Mental is my favorite of the power sets, IMO it has some of the best looking animations for its abilities. However as has been said Mental uses more power than it dishes out damage and has many problems. I'm sure I may have missed some but just tried to get a solid generalized post of what I've seen discussed for Mental. Dev's please look into these.
    • Like x 1
  8. Isif Committed Player

Wrong thread. Wrong topic. Wrong way to go about it.
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

How so?
  10. Isif Committed Player

I was referring to myself evidently. Sorry guys, my mistake.
  11. zor ile Well-Known Player

100 % agree with clown especially the cooldown
    • Like x 1
  12. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Thanks for agreeing, I really don't see any of this being to much to ask for honestly.
    • Like x 1
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

Bastion supercharge 30 seconds please. been waiting forever for this to happen it should of taken place when gadgets got its super reduced to 30's
  14. Jensu Well-Known Player

i don't remember Mental having that long of a cooldown, then again, i haven't been Mental since the beginning of 2018
  15. Sexy_Shell Active Player

Yes the 60 sec cool down on bastion is annoying. I build my sc pretty quickly and it would be nice if it was changed to 30secs instead of 60 like the rest of the support scs. I noticed not to long ago that they changed electrics sc shield to 60 secs as well recently. Dunno why they are changing stuff that'snot broken. They need to focus on what's broken not what is not broken.
    #ifitsnotbrokedontfixit
  16. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

The problem here and on every thread on these forums is the lack of response to their PAYING customers.
    • Like x 2
  17. zor ile Well-Known Player

bump for hellclown
    • Like x 1
  18. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Would really appreciate a response on this subject after almost 2 months devs...
  19. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

I'm bumping this because we want a response.
  20. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Please look into these and respond accordingly.
    • Like x 1