Mental

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hellclown127!, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

+1
    • Like x 1
  2. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

to my understanding we lose out on dps to powers that are supposed to provide additional effects either through applying a PI or some sort of stun/encasement.

none of my "additional effects" work in group content unless i'm like four or five tiers above said content.

i would like to get rid of these "additonal effects" and please bring my damage back up to tier.

also with all the double casts and powers that go on inifinite cool down and powers that dont work:

forget controller supercharges...how about a better dps supercharge?
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Flesh New Player

Not about power, the issue is shielding but getting the DEVS to invest into a solution seems pointless.
  5. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

I'm not denying that other aspects of mental need to be fixed. But no, do not forget about the controller supercharge. This thread's topic is about the 8 man shield. It needs to be leveled out with the others.
  6. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Something from the Dev's on this topic would be very much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Bump
  8. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

9. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Almost 2 weeks and still nothing. Kind of disheartening.
  10. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

3 weeks.....
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Have you considered a formalized proposal and maybe an active petition?
  12. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

If you don't like how Mental plays, play another power. I'd still rather not have every power be exactly the same with no compromises for certain advantages and disadvantages like we have now. If you want carbon copy reskins go play old Street Fighter where the Asian and White Karate Guys were the exact same, or original Super Mario when the brothers played the same way too.
  13. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Light can but you'd have to use whipthrash.
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Why shouldn't all troll acts be balanced?
  15. Isif Committed Player

The same reason that NO other role plays EXACTLY the same.:rolleyes: Playing different trolls shouldn't feel cookie cut. I have personally never felt handicapped playing Mental. Variety is the spice of life.
  16. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

It is balanced. It has some advantages and some disadvantages. Mental's "normal game" is amazing with its fast cooldown defense debuff and two personal shields. The trade-off is that its "supercharge game" is not so great.
  17. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Bastion should have a 30 second cooldown. The other troll powers have 30 second cooldowns, why not mental. All people have brought to the discussion is "switch powers if you don't like it". My main toon is mental and has been since 2014. I will not switch powers, you people coming in here saying that are probably the same ones that complain when they're mental troll in elite cant put up a shield for everyone because guess what, you asked for one 30 seconds prior and it's still on cooldown.

As I've said in this thread before, I love playing mental, I am simply asking for the Bastion Supercharge cooldown to be lowered. If not to 30 seconds (like the others and gadgets players begged for and got their wish.) Then at least drop it to maybe 40-45 seconds on its base cooldown.
    This would at least make it more manageable in some situations in the game.
    There is no reason that this should not happen. Considering no one has yet to give a REAL reason as to why it shouldn't.
  18. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

By your reasoning, Celestial's Sacrifice SC should have a 5K cost instead of 10K, and shield everyone instead of only 7-people.

We have given you real reasons, you just refuse to accept them. Mental has a crazy good normal game, so its supercharge game is weaker to balance it out. Get your head out of the sand.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This I'm willing to dispute, to some degree. Invisibility is broken, and not in a good way, multiple shields isn't really a good trade-off for "lackluster Might based damage" either.

Its PFFT requires a lot of back-end development to be viable, as opposed to "out of the box" powers like Gadgets and Earth, and there's no coherent behaviors in the power set : specifically -

- Massive re-arrangement of Abilities has left the Powerset unrecognizable to old users
    - DOT cycle maintenance is irregular since the DOTs do not perform consistently; DOT ticks and amounts vary between ALL Abilities
    - Poorly integrated PI application - Powerful moves no longer benefit from PI, like Pyrokinesis and Psychic Prison
    - Irregular Range expectations - Psychic Prison, which WOULD be a great performer as a Mid-to-Range Ability, is AOE around Caster

Is it possible to cobble together a functional rotation? Sure.

Is it easy? No.

Does it work well compared to other Powersets? No.

Now, Mental's Controller Game, different story - Control Game = On Point. But the DPS performance is... crunchy, at best.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

you're also forgetting for a "new meta" that pushes supercharges. mental doesn't really have any. bastion is great for trolling but on the dps side bolt barrage and convalesce kinda suck. if you can hit your target point blank bb looks great...but it takes a fulll supercharge bar. meanwhile other powers that function identically to bolt barrage are only 50%. why should i even bother with the supercharge artifacts if they offer me up no real value?

this is why while its nice to see people bandwagoning for a change to the powerset i dont think decreasing the cool down of bastion is it. if youre having a hard time with the second boss in False Idols the trick is to not stand there attacking the boss while the ads encircle and kill you. if ads are descending on you heres the secret: GTF out of the way! stop attacking and run towards the tank then away again. very simple. if the raid was being cleared on day one with last dlcs gear please tell me why a bunch of 280 crs drop like dead flies...

the way things have been going since the revamp i'm expecting to see an update to mental final happen with the only outcome being decreasing bastion.

No!

Fix the power!