Mental

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hellclown127!, Oct 14, 2019.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

my only gripe with mental is power use you use a lot of blue for what should be a bigger bang...but its not so out of whack that mental is unplayable...remember..just a few years ago ...the game was so skewed whole powers couldnt be played...you were thrown off teams without so much as an explanation or polite good bye...you were thrown out and could never team...and the game was like that for years...could it be better..yes...but its playable...im not even saying settle either...you all may be right in what you say...i guess im just saying look on the bright side of life...tomorrow is another day...yippee ki yay MFers...you know...the usual...
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

fortunately my elite gear and artifact encourages me to spam debuff powers. and believe it or not... Telekinesis used to activate POT and give a defense debuff back in 2011
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I remember that. Also used to throw barrels at people. I hated it because it was such an ugly power, purely personal bias of course - I like that "antyhing" activates POT now, but I do wish the debuffs had stayed put. Defense drop doesn't feel like Psychic Shock to me...
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

sadly the auto double cast of certain powers keeps me spamming debuffs.

whether i want to or not.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah, Mental's Ability activation is crunchy AF right now...

makes a great Precision platform though.
  6. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

What's the point in the negativity. The idea that the powers aren't meant to be re-skins of each other is irrelevant. Each controller power has an 8-man group shield which is also a large power dump for the group. Mental is the only one with a 60 second cooldown.

I've been a mental troll since 2014 when I started playing and have made it work. However, again that's irrelevant. We shouldn't have to make it work and shouldn't have to deal with the "switch powers if you dont like it" argument.

Mental's group shield should be equal with the others. There hasn't been a single valid argument against it, stop with the negative sarcastic posts and actually contribute to the conversation.
    • Like x 9
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

^ this
    • Like x 1
  8. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Break the cookie cutter thinking. Every character DOESN'T need to be the same, doesn't have to have equivalent abilities, and doesn't need to able to be played the same old ways.

They've dumbed down the game enough with the simplification of the abilities and such.
  9. Awsome Well-Known Player

I have a mental character that I loved going 1-30. But I hate him now. Why? because the telekinesis is the coolest power in the game.... when there are items in the room. There just isn't anything in any in the game anymore that's not bolted down. I wish the devs would put stuff in the alerts and raids that would make this fun again...
    • Like x 1
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

for me a slightly longer cooldown on a power giving super charge is the least of mentals problems. i also dont think this is the popular opinion. certain powersets are just not allowed in content anymore. if i wasnt a troll with lots of skill points and op gear i would never make it into content. there are times i get invited into a group where theres already a troll. i'm given the option of running as a dps. when i say i'm mental the group would rather have me stay mental and give the burn to the lower cr dual wielder or the fotm gorilla form and i got to tell you...i dont want to dps when every trick in the book i use amounts to a poor burn or everything just goes to sh*t. its just not fun double casting and seeing your powers constantly miss or fail or go on infinite cooldowns.

controlling has been dumbed down to a point where its boring and mentl dps sucks.

i'm starting to get pissed off :p

the same has been happening to my healers. i have two very well developed nature healers (and a baby one). where as the dps side of mental got cremated natures seems to be oddly acceptably op broken...the healing side...not so much. it isnt bad. i actually utilize the same loadout as i always have pre revamp...but it moves slower now. it doesnt heal as well. i love nature healing..but if i want to heal in a raid its the blind queue for me. groups will bypass nature and sorcery healers over water and electricity.

i'm all for variety and options and thinking outside the box...but this...this aint it.

its been two years now. all the butt sore dps who complained about mental should be healed by now.

can we just turn the power back on please.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

actually the defense debuff was a bug. even though it activated the defense debuff symbol it did not give a defense debuff.

one of the things i was hoping to do was bring telekinesis back into my troll loadout. more for fun than anything. i love suspending ads, throwing things around. i miss meteor bowling big time. having tk as the pot activator meant it was needed in my loadout. with all the reshuffling during the revamp if i want to maintain all three debuffs there is no room for it. making some would mean giving up grandeur or my healing debuff...which is also my supercharge generator. Even if all these factors werent there theres still the fact that controlling ads fell wayside (once again) in favor of tanking. even if i have t in my loadout, even if i encase an ad in ice, even if i hit another ad fast enough to cause the ice block to smack it...the ad breaks out of encasements so fast it just isnt worth it.

there were so many things they could have done to improve the powerset (for example: fix thought bubble to root...cryokinesis can do it...why cant tb?) and instead they sucked all the fun out of it.

*and seriously...if the group youre in has an issue with the cooldown of bastion i say get a better group.
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Agreed
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i just want my old pre everything loadouts back.
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

stats revamp allows us to use powers that look cool (iconic powers) in order to activate POT =)
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

sounds exciting
  16. Sexy_Shell Active Player

I have been mental power set since i started playing nov 2017. I have no issues dpsing. It's all about the l.o and making sure the power interactions coincide with each other. I agree that there is much to fix with mental and tbh it is probably one of the weaker power sets atm, when in actuality it should be one of the stronger ones, as it is all about mind control. I would really like to see mental brought out of the shadows and made more even with the rest of the powers, both the dps and troll side.
    #fixmental
    • Like x 1
  17. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Bastion to 30 second cooldown. Fix all the other problems with mental and allow the power to be viable again.

Also more content that forces to rethink not having a troll.
  18. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Mental is totally viable. As a Controller, I LOVE that its Defense Debuff has a ridiculously low cooldown. Light and Munitions (the other two Controller powers I've tried) have slow cooldowns for their Defense Debuffs.

I can pop the 8-person shield when it's time for the Anvils, and then debuff the defense of every single forge-weapon, so the DPSers can burn them super fast. By the time another Anvil phase comes up, I have the 8-person shield already off cooldown. Can't do this with Light or Munitions.

There are trade-offs to Mental's advantages. Don't like it? $10 gets you the power that fits your style of play.
  19. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

And again we're back to the "switch powers if you dont like it" statement. Things should not be like that. I have no problems Trolling with mental. It's my favorite power and been playing it since 2014.

If you're such a fan of mental then why do you say that? As I said before, the only thing I'm really asking here is to have the 8-Man shield cooldown dropped from 60 seconds to 30, like the other troll powers.

I dont believe that it's too much to ask.
  20. gemii Dedicated Player

Not only did gadgets cooldown go from 60 to 30 but their debuff powers only cost like 100 / 200 in power.

Go head and make mental 8 man In line with the others

Hardlights personal shield needs a aggro drop as well
    • Like x 1