Mental Trolling Loadout/Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by The Dark4, Jul 22, 2020.

1. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Good morning guys check out my tutorial here on mental trolling.

Let me know what you think or what i can improve on.

2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I would not recommend using cryo. Yes I know that it’s a low cost debuff. But you are going to be encasing a lot of enemies which will hurt the group. Tanks can’t pull encased enemies, and unless it changed dps can’t hurt encased enemies. Use phantom flame instead. Yes it cost a lot more power to use, however the fact that you won’t be encasing will our way the cost.

As far as the rest, it’s pretty much a standard build.
    3 debuffs (one being a sc generator), group power heal, 1 personal shield, sc shield for power.

Standard artifacts. Rao, parasite, soul cloak.

So yes it’s a good build. It the standard build (not being sarcastic since people tend to over look into comments).

I personally don’t run this set up but it standard build for a reason. It’s a very good set up.
    • Like x 1
  3. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Noted thanks man just want to get some content out thank you for that and I will defeinlty consider using it
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Np. If I were you I’d made a pinned comment for those who saw your video already that they can use phantom flames as an alternative
  5. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Thanks just did as I was reading your comment thanks
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i prefer using cryokinesis to phantom flames. the trick is knowing when to use it. the damage debuff has never been that necessary to completing content. i can't think of any boss fight where it made more than a marginal difference. its not like having it on a boss will cause a one shot attack to drop to just a heavy attack. encasements dont work quite the way they used to. ads rarely linger in encasements. they either break out right away or get broken out by overzealous dps. if you fire it into a group of ads the tank has already pulled it helps keep them rooted all in place. i've saved many a healers lives by stopping an oncoming stray ad in its tracks.

keep in mind phantom flames will accomplish much of the same thing...except on the rare chance i encase a stray ad in a block of ice far away from the tank i can pick it up and throw it at him. almost as fun as old school meteor bowling. just a preferance. cryo has a faster cooldown than phantom flames. i like being ready at the quick.

the healing debuff is pretty useless as well. there are only a handful of instances/boss fights where you need to have it on your loadout. controllers are spamming healing debuffs because it currently acts as a supercharge builder.

personally i wish we could have had telekinesis as a defense debuff.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

Agreed