Mental PvP Help?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Necromonica Shade, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

I've gotten to a point where I need to PvP to get feats and I have no idea where to begin with a mental dps loadout. I'm guessing the AM is out unless the group you are going against is just...oblivious. I've looked on various sites and everything is from back before the AM was nerfed. I looked back to page 7 here and didn't see anything relevant. Any help with a loadout/rotation would be great. Thanks!!
  2. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Stick to the AM, it's the only thing that's effective with mental. Every other load out I had before the AM is very power hungry and all around weak in comparison.

Grandeur is still good for breaking out, RP is useless and the TK shield comes at a steep power cost.
    • Like x 1
  3. CTEN Well-Known Player

Fly above people and spam 1-2-3-4-5-2-3-4-5......

That is pretty much your only option.

You can Play troller role, but like the previous poster pointed out, all of Mental's defensive abilities are useless in arenas.
    You can't even rely on your DoTs for damage anymore.
    It takes a tremendous amount of skill to play mental, which is why they are like legendary Pokemon, you rarely see them.
    • Like x 2
  4. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Pvping with mental is very fun. Use your weapon for doing most of the damage .I use brawling mostly and switch to ma to fight broken powers/ fire tanks.
    The loadout requires grandeur, telekinesis,terroize, reflect pain/iconic shield , cryokinesis/tkbolt and invisibility.
    Use trinket and reflect pain/shield together to start your fights .If its a match with barrels in the vicinity telek comes in handy.
    Try to pull the tap hold wm of brawling as a counter and follow up with cryo into invisiblity. If your timing is precise you can probably use a power from your invisibility tray.
    The tray should have sleep, menace,tendrils/resonance/iconic shield, mass hysteria(not necessary ) ,convalescence and bastion.
    You can either use the scs at the start after a initial win or during the fight if you can time it. Menace is great as it creates a delayed cc.
    Your finisher should be terroize which u can use right after a bb wm and possibly Ko the enemy when at less health.
    Regret that I cant have a video up because I have quit the game because of my job.
    • Like x 3
  5. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

So I am a legendary pokemon eh ?
    http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/legendary-pokemon/images/215270/title/legendary-photo
  6. Fies Committed Player

Since you also have a nature-toon I would suggest using that for getting the feats and then buy them on your main :)
  7. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

I was trying to avoid that as I already have a good number on my counters. If I can't get the hang of it using the suggestions above, I may have to lol.

Thanks for the help guys!
    • Like x 2
  8. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Let me know if it works out for you ?
    • Like x 1
  9. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Definitely will, thanks :D